THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 04 Jun 2024, 09:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 98   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread 4; Live Free or Blog Hard - 'cos we all like blogging  (Read 573386 times)

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Foot is borked. Any time I put a little bit of weight on my heel, it feels like I'm standing on a nerve. Think sciatica is solidly going down both legs now.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

My buddy who I make armor with asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I know its a pretty little thing but it made me feel really good and like we are really good friends.

I asked for a sheet of stainless steel.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz

... Fused ... Together?

What does that mean long-term?

I...don't know. I know she wants to continue in the National Guard if she's physically able (I think somebody mentioned she'll find out in a year, but I'm not sure. I've met people with two vertebrae fused before who have had problems because of it, but I'm pretty sure she had to have 5 fused together (iirc it's the lower three thoracic and upper two lumbar, so right at the curve of her back) and I can see lots of issues because of this. But her spinal cord wasn't damaged at all and other than being loopy because of drugs, she seems to be doing fine. But because she's in North Carolina with her and my husband's father, we're here in Ohio, and the rest of their family is in Utah, I'm only getting limited information via phone conversations Michael is having with his dad and sister (when she's lucid). I don't think we'll know long term issues until later on.  :-\

As someone with the majority of my spine fused, it was actually surprising how basically not being able to bend my back didn't really affect how I do things. She'll probably have to bend from her hips more than her back, which could cause issues there, but if she's careful and doesn't try and lift more than she's capable of she should be ok! Plus being in the National Guard and all probably means she is in better physical condition than I will ever be, and having strong core muscles so help with any potential back strain. Bodies are amazing things!

Honestly my biggest problem I have with my back is that I constantly hit my head on chairs when I am in the movies or on public transport and I reach down for my bag at my feet. You would think after all these years I would be used to it, but I still bump my head every time.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

3rd Shock Army. Whew. That took awhile.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Foot is borked. Any time I put a little bit of weight on my heel, it feels like I'm standing on a nerve. Think sciatica is solidly going down both legs now.

Could just be a heel spur.  The pain is exquisite, and easy to confuse with nerve pain.  If caught early enough, some stretching and exercise can make it go away. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

Carl, you're going to become my go to for free medical advice. :lol: My heel is still hurting if I put weight on it so I've been limping since Saturday, which is probably causing its own issue since I'm doing it partially out of fear reflex before feeling any pain. Going to the doctor tomorrow.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

The temperature hit 37.3C (99F) in Sydney today. Riding home after work was... hot.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Heh!  Here the temperature has plummeted - 10 degrees C this morning, when it's held up around 18 C until now.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

I lost my voice while asleep today. There's probably a totally normal reason for that (I have been dick all week ) but the idiot in my head imagines myself singing in my sleep (which has happened before ).

I'm also kind of pissed at my touch keyboard. It's supposed to learn my writing style, but still suggested to complete the sentence "I lost my" with "virginity".

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

Could just be a heel spur.  The pain is exquisite, and easy to confuse with nerve pain.  If caught early enough, some stretching and exercise can make it go away. 

It seems to be similar this. Doctor gave me anti-inflammatories and recommended rest. My Achilles tendon is irritated as well, especially since he grabbed it as hard as it seemed he could. Fuckin' ow.

Lines

• Awakened

As someone with the majority of my spine fused, it was actually surprising how basically not being able to bend my back didn't really affect how I do things.

This was really reassuring, thanks!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl

I just bought a printer. They didn't include the cable, and I left all my USB A-B cables at home. The fuck, Samsung?

I mean, it's been a while since I last bought a printer, but they all included more cables than anyone could ever need.

So I got to go and buy a cable tomorrow. Damn. Store bought cables are usually expensive.

Oh, and my flatmate moved in today. I didn't really talk to him yet, he was doing stuff with his parents all the time. He seems nice, but maybe a little bit spoiled. What surprised me is that he seems a lot younger than me, though he ought to be at least three years older.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor

If printers always include so many cables, you should be able to pick one up second-hand. Germany has ebay-like sites, right? Hell, maybe the university's IT department will let you have one.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl

well, if I ordered a cable, I'd need to pay shipping and end up at pretty much the same price. I'm just a bit annoyed that I have to go to the computer store again. And that I have a box with about 6 of these cables at home, which I've bought for 0.95€ each, and probably have to pay 7€ for exactly the same tomorrow.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

I just bought a printer. They didn't include the cable, and I left all my USB A-B cables at home. The fuck, Samsung?

It's not just Samsung. I bought a printer from HP and that one didn't have any connection cables either.
It helps to check the box contents. Just a tip for the next time.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor

well, if I ordered a cable, I'd need to pay shipping and end up at pretty much the same price. I'm just a bit annoyed that I have to go to the computer store again. And that I have a box with about 6 of these cables at home, which I've bought for 0.95€ each, and probably have to pay 7€ for exactly the same tomorrow.
You can't find a seller in the neighbourhood and pick it up in person?
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

My sister just described mothers who get pregnant by mistake and give birth and give up the baby as 'brave.'

It might be a reasonable sentiment were I not very aware that she is pro-life, the implication here being that it isn't incredible brave to get an abortion. Less so over here than in the US, but they are still INCREDIBLY taboo and the thought that it is somehow the easy way out is sickening.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

I just walked into the bath to find out that my roommate used my razor and didn't clean up the sink afterward. I'm pissed at him using my razor without permission.

Then I see the toilet and find out that he didn't clean it up afterwards either and that he used my razor to shave his balls.

I'm at a loss of words.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy

Probably get a new razor.

And a new roommate.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

I'd probably just kick him in the groin.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

"I HOPE THAT FEELS GOOD ON YOUR FRESHLY SHAVED NUTS"
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Ok, my roommate got surprised that I was angry at him.
 :psyduck:

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

Spoiler because of TMI:
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Metope, I'm fairly sure every boy my age knows that already.

Metope

But why do they keep doing it then. Whyyyy

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

(click to show/hide)

Metope

That is silly. Just trim it a little then.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

I do that. Not everybody has a trimmer.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

You can shave/trim/cut some pubic hair with scissors and NOT shave your balls.

ackblom12

Shaving your balls is something that requires an awful lot of dedication to regularly repeating if you don't want it to be incredibly uncomfortable. Trimming is the proper lazy person's option.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

I've always wondered about that Veet hair removal cream down there. Works on women's legs, clearly, but I never hear about it being used in the engine room. I'm guessing it's a terrible idea in some way.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

If you were going to try Veet, I'd go for the sensitive skin one. It can be pretty harsh on your skin, plus since it doesn't take from the root, the area doesn't stay smooth for more than a day.

In non-balls related news, I went to see Ed Byrne doing a show last night and I talked to him during the show! He asked if anybody ever had a hernia and I was the only person who "WAHEY"'d. It was exciting and fun and I got to meet him after the show and got a photo and autograph. He complimented my hoodie and temporarily nicked my hat.
(click to show/hide)

GarandMarine

• Awakened

I manscape regularly, it doesn't take that much dedication...

also this video's relevant:

The flamingo ALWAYS goes on the left.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Aah, another 5SF connoisseur.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

I was going to post this in the minis thread, but I know a fair amount of you are Firefly fans, so I figured I'd put it somewhere more public.

My painted game pieces for the Firefly Board Game.

The complete collection. Including the MTG magazine promo "The Artful Dodger". All the Firefly class ships paint jobs were based on their art on the game cards. The Alliance Cruiser was based on the show's cruisers, and the Reaver ship's paint job was just me getting creative.

The Serenity herself, she's much plainer in the show and on her card then any of the other ships, and she got a brown wash as opposed to the black wash of the other ships to show the more run down condition everyone's favorite firefly class ship is in.

The Yun Qi

The Bonanza

The Bonnie May

The Artful Dodger, the MTG promo ship.

Alliance Cruiser

Reaver Cruiser

Engine detail

The Game

An example of an unpainted piece

Grognard

• Only pretending to work
  • Token Straight White Conservative Male

I'm enjoying watching the NASCAR race in Charlotte.
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

So it has been a crazy 2 weeks, mostly good crazy, but some very sad.

As I mentioned I started my internship 2 weeks ago (thanks for the good wishes guys) and so far it has been great.  I am working 32 hours a week, and have finally shifted from the "I'm new and have nothing to do" phase to the "omg, so much to do how can I get it all done" phase.  But I work best under that sort of chaos.  I am trying hard not to drink the corporate kool-aid, because I didn't picture myself working for a large corporation, but they are making the kool-aid so damn tasty.  Not just because they pay well, but I actually like the work I am doing, and the company culture, and I think there are a lot of projects in the future that I would be good at, and, on paper at least, their criteria for evaluations seem like ones I will perform well at.  There is a very real possibility of this turning into a full-time job at the end of the internship, and that would be amazing. (my boss's boss asked what I was doing after Dec, and when I said graduating he said, oh, good so you'd be available full time then?) It's been crazy working this much and still taking two classes, and participating in all my social activities, but I am managing alright, just with little extra time for relaxing or being online. It's going to make just a full-time job seem like a break. :)

Now for the sad news.  Our cat has been acting weird for several months, and, with my new income, we could finally afford to take him to have a sedated exam to see what might be wrong.  We suspected an infected tooth, but it turns out it is an aggressive malignant tumor on his jaw.  The vet says he probably only has a few months.  On the one hand it is good to know, and sort of prepare for it, but it is also weird to know that he dosen't have much time.  We have decided to spoil him rotten for the time he has left.  He isn't eating well because the tumor is in his mouth, so to encourage him we are feeding him all the people food he wants when we eat.  We figure that any long-term health risks of too much people food are meaningless now, it's better to keep him fed and happy. 
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Sadly, I had to do that with my other cat the two days prior to us putting her down. :(

In other news: I still love my new kitty. Even if my leg looks like I shower in razor blades.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

I'm gonna try to buy a house.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Can those photos please  be put in a spoiler so I don't have to scroll for  a year and a half?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

yeah I'm gonna second that request simply because I already have enough tugging on my heartstrings to rewatch that series. I've been waiting to rewatch the film until Camille and I can watch it together when I visit her in a couple weeks.

Lines

• Awakened

Kat, super happy about your job and very sorry about your cat. But at least you know and can make him comfortable, because even though it sucks to know you have a time limit, it does kind of make you feel happier because you know they're happier and feeling super loved.

In other news, I spent my weekend in a small town watching two of my best friends get married and it was amazing. They had a short but fun ceremony (like mine and was also outdoors!) followed by a super fun reception with a fantastic 80s cover band and it was by far the best wedding I've ever been to. I actually thought it was better than mine. (We had a shitty sound system and therefore minimal dancing, which I do regret.) They were so happy and it made me happy seeing them having such a fun time. Also it's definitely an interesting experience going to a wedding that I went to with a date! (Excluding mine.) I forced Michael to "dance" with me and it was glorious.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Grognard

Federal holiday today.
this means I don't/can't go to work.
-meh-

so now what do I do? 
I really don't want to spend my day doing house chores.
I was hoping for some early AM nookie, but that didnt happen.
Maybe I should go see a movie?

we shall see.
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Go watch Gravity.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

I might go see Gravity... but movie tickets are insane cost wise right now >.>;

Grognard

$14 for 90min movie?  ugh.

Zingoleb

I've always wondered about that Veet hair removal cream down there. Works on women's legs, clearly, but I never hear about it being used in the engine room. I'm guessing it's a terrible idea in some way.

DON'T DO IT I ACCIDENTALLY NAIRED MY BALLS ONCE AND IT WAS JUST THREE DAYS OF TWIN PEPTO-BISMOL PINK NUCLEAR ORBS OF PAIN THAT SCREAMED IN FURY AT THE LIGHTEST TOUCH

BUT DAMN WERE THEY SMOOTH

Metope

I would not even dare using that stuff on my legs, sounds scary enough as it is. I mean, a cream that makes hair fall off...?

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Unicorn, I almost pissed my pants at your last sentence

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

so life has been turning itself all kinds of great directions!

1. my friends know I'm trying to go up to WA to visit Camille for Halloween, so they've been especially helpful in keeping eyes peeled for opportunities to play gigs at their work, for friends' parties, city events, etc. so I can earn more money on the side. for that, I'm incredibly grateful, as it's helped me raise over $70 toward the cause. Fuck yes.

2. I've been getting way more hours at work because my boss has been realizing that her choice of person to promote for supervisor (not me) was a huge mistake, because I am way more willing to come in and work extra hours, I'm better with customers, and I'm way more attentive to detail. and the new supervisor has been getting fewer hours because she's lazy, incompetent, and stupid. love it.

3. I'm going to be test-starting a new job on Friday, and I wasn't even actively looking for one. it'll be a $2/hour pay increase, a two or threefold increase in hours, and I'll be working in an auto body repair shop. this could open up into an apprenticeship in auto repair, which is something I have been looking into for a good while now. and since it's auto body, and not mechanical, it's more likely to maintain job stability even once fossil fuels are all good and exhausted.

4. the Boston Bruins are going to be playing an away game at the San Jose Sharks' ice on January 11, 2014, and I am going to be in attendance with Camille, my neighbor Tatiana, and a Person #4 of Tati's choice. Fuck yeah, my two favorite teams at my home ice!

5. Camille just told her friend/old boss (who was promoted to district manager) that she's going to be moving down here after the holidays, and this was a huge step in emotionally preparing for said move. I do feel guilty still over her giving up the life she's spent 2 years making up there, but she made a choice and is sticking with it, and we both just want to be together so badly that neither of us particularly mind going out of our way for each other. I'm grateful, to say the least.

I'm very optimistic and excited for all this stuff to happen. it just needs to hurry up and happen. :3
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 98   Go Up