THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 04 Jun 2024, 08:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 98   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread 4; Live Free or Blog Hard - 'cos we all like blogging  (Read 573369 times)

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

Congrats!

So turns out having fun is easier when you are not gloomy.

Who knew, right?
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

My crush of two years is making out with a random guy right now, not five metres away from where I'm standing currently. I want to say it feels like high school again, but back then, crushes at least had the decency to only last a few weeks.
Yeah this probably belongs in the relationship or depression thread, but next to stillbirths and blood enemies, my issues don't compare.

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss

Yesterday we had a sortakinda reunion with some of my friends from my old student corridor, people whom I just love the hell out of even though we don't meet very often :) Got to hear lots of cool stories and I think the food was good (a mashup of Norrland and Mexico, with deer- and elk-meat, wild mushrooms, awesome cheese and some of the trappings of a taco dinner). It was the first real dinner in the new kitchen! Very exciting for little me. I checked in and everything but didn't leave a review because it woulda been biased. Played through my favourite mashups and people didn't even wince
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Came out to two of my closest friends about being genderqueer. I guess it went fine even though one of them said something inconsiderate. Will deal with if/when it comes up again.

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?

The new flat is bigger (yay!) with windows which face east, west, and north in the bathroom so there'll be plenty of light. It comes with a table and chairs in the kitchen area and there's space for a desk (maybe even a big corner desk!) which will be awesome. And there's a built-in wardrobe and space for a chest of drawers and basically it's much nicer than this flat, for not much more money. There's no washing machine in the flat itself but there's one in the building and a tumble dryer too. The convenience of the dryer (which I don't have now) will offset the inconvenience of having to go down two flights of stairs to do laundry.
)
I think I should come over to inspect the new place. When's a good time? :psyduck:

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Ha! How about 2016? Party at mine!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig

So...I'm still alive! It's been ages- almost a freakin' month! I haven't had internet (or cable) at home and work has been insanity, but life has been pretty good this last month.

We moved out of the apartment officially on the 18th. And by "officially" I mean we rented a truck to bring our furniture and large boxes to the house and had help from Nick's brother and mom as well as my brother's best friend (Side note: my brother couldn't help us because he was WORKING because he finally got a JOB! WOO. He has been looking for almost 2 years now, with no bites. He is now a paid mechanic's apprentice at the local STS. Yay Brother!).

Moving day was insane because although the apartment was filled with boxes, it was also filled with a lot of stuff that was not inhabiting boxes because we got so caught up in fixing up the new place, we forgot about packing up the old place. We got as much done as we could but eventually ran out of boxes. However, we purposely gave ourselves an extra 12 days to work on the apartment after we were out, so we managed to move everything that was left and clean everything up before our lease was up. We also got complimented by our leasing agent with regard to how great we left the apartment. She told us that no one could ever guess that we've lived there for 3 years and that she was very impressed with how nice it looked. We're getting back our full security deposit!!!

This is wonderful news because we discovered that we needed a new stove and dishwasher. While technically the contract stated that all appliances came with the house, the stove was disgusting and the dishwasher was not functioning and the contract also stated that they were "as is". We lived for about 2 weeks with no stove. That sucked! We ate more microwaveable food in those 2 weeks than we usually do in 2 months. I cooked my first meal on our new stove this past Saturday and it was so good to taste real food. 

We're currently renovating the kitchen and coexisting with a crapton of boxes. We have to play the "who can find it first" game whenever we need something we haven't seen in a while but we're managing and not killing each other. If anything, this has reaffirmed just how great of a team we make. :-) Sometimes our "off" days coincide but generally when one of us is unmotivated/grumpy/overwhelmed, the other is there as a cheerleader. So far, we've cleaned up the fridge, closets and counters; primed the walls and ceiling in the kitchen; took apart, cleaned and sanded the cabinets and now we're stating to contact paper the shelves and paint the built-ins. It's easier now to work on the house because we're out of the apartment. No need to go there after work, clean up there, come home, clean up/renovate at the house, then pass out at 1am. It's still tough because we haven't really taken much time off and between both of us working full time and then some, we can't contribute as much time as we'd like. But on the flip side, we're bringing in extra money which we will absolutely put to use. Between my part time gig at ShopRite and Nick's freelance computer work, we're easily bringing in an extra $700 a month. It's definitely coming in handy because on top of the stove and dishwasher, we also have to buy all the supplies for painting, screens and blinds for the windows, 2 new shower/tub combos, replacement carpet for the stairs and all the other random $20 purchases at Home Depot that will slowly but surely add up. Plus, I need a new computer. YAY LOTS OF EXPENSES!

More miscellaneous good news:

-2 close friends have had babies in the last month! One more friend is due to have her baby by the end of the summer. Yay babies!
-2 other friends are getting married this month. (Which also happens to be right near our 1 year anniversary. Can't believe we've been married a year! Holy crap.)
-The union has negotiated 4 (yes, FOUR!) increases for all eligible SR employees. One retroactive to November 2013, one in effect in July, another in September and yet another before the end of the year. If this is what they meant by the "regular" increases that they mentioned when they hired me and this happens every year, in less than 2 years I will be making the same amount at ShopRite as I do at my full time job. This is awesome news because my full time job may not be arund for very much longer. While I intend to stay as long as they will/can keep me, most of us know that this is a sinking ship and it is only a matter of time before it bites the dust.
-My amazing, lovely, wonderful best friend has found a gentleman friend who is wonderful to her and I could not be happier. She hasn't had much luck finding someone for a number of reasons and hasn't had a boyfriend in well over 5 years. It's delightful to hear about her new relationship and all of the great things that happen when you truly connect with someone. It's reminding me of how it felt when Nick and I started dating and I really hope that it continues on as successfully as it seems to be going now. They've been seeing each other for about 3 months, but were "officially" a couple as of about 2 weeks ago. We're all going out to wing night tonight and I'll be meeting him for the first time! So excited. :-)

Phew. I think that's it!
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Sounds exciting! Have fun fixing up the new place, it must be nice to be settled in there. I am not looking forward to packing or moving but I am looking forward to being in my new flat!

So today we had six women to visit and at the first visit the baby projectile vomited all over me. Trousers totally soaked, tunic spattered, sofa smeared, big sister spalshed. My mentor had to drive me home so that I could change into my last clean tunic but I had no clean trousers so had to improvise with a navy blue skirt that thankfully I remembered I had in a drawer! The washing machine is currently trundling through its third load of the day...
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

... fun!

I am so glad my baby didn't vomit all that much. Except that one time somoeone fed him TARDIS cake and he decided to implement a flue. Three times. TARDIS blue. In bed.

You have my sympathies and admiration for seeking out an environment in which projectile vomit is a distinct possibility.

My kid is switching to toilet use instead of diaper use with elan and flair. If this is at all possible. We are happy.

Of course this lead to a complete rearrangement of the house. Including new furniture. Yes, it was a weird connection.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

The second baby did a massive poo as I was weighing her and the third one weed all over the place, but fortunately both of them were lying on blankets and not my lap at the time! I took blood from a baby as well, so basically today was bodily fluid central.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

They really don't pay you enough.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

May, I had to make a comic because describing the scenario in my head wasn't enough. I used WonderWoman to represent you.

(click to show/hide)

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Haha that's awesome! It was quite funny because the midwife I was working with (not my usual mentor) said that she normally weighs babies in a clean nappy and then subtracts the weight of the baby from the weight of the nappy. I wasn't too sure about doing that, so I stripped the baby right down... and pooooooop.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker

One of my cats has this habit of rubbing herself against my big toe, even when I'm walking around. Sometimes I stop suddenly and she misses the toe altogether and flips over instead. It's so awesome. I love her.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.

The second baby did a massive poo as I was weighing her and the third one weed all over the place, but fortunately both of them were lying on blankets and not my lap at the time! I took blood from a baby as well, so basically today was bodily fluid central.
I have had all of that happen to me too. It's a very special feeling. Of warmth, mainly. Slightly moist, as well.
My Art.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

This was just the absolute worst post string to read when I'm hung over
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Redball

• What's disease? Where?

You shoulda stuck to the drunk thread.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

You shoulda drunk to the stuck thread  :mrgreen:

Lines

• Awakened

This sounds really weird, but I am glad that someone else on this forum has had to deal with all of the bodily fluids in one day.

Also, guys, it's really not that big of a deal. I would rather them come from babies and children than adults. Tiny bodies can hold less mess. Usually...
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Metope

I remember when my little brother was a baby and dad changes his diaper. He peed right in his face while gurgling happily, hilarious.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand

@Linds : We could test that. FOR SCIENCE!
(let's not test that)

Internet's down, NOOOOOooooooo....

And the company didn't call me back the later time they said they would, aaaargggghhh....

and now I'm typing out WOOOOOOooooorrrdsss...

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.

Quote from: Linds
[...]
Also, guys, it's really not that big of a deal. I would rather them come from babies and children than adults. Tiny bodies can hold less mess. Usually...
Yeah ... No.

Also, Gareth, you disappoint me. I thought your stomach was made of sturdier stuff.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2014, 01:56 by BeoPuppy »
My Art.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Bro, no pukin' ensued :mrgreen:

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.

If you tell more tales it just might.
My Art.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Que?  :psyduck:

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.

Your TMI tales.
My Art.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Ah, I see.

Maaaan anyone who goes in that thread has to know what they're in for  :mrgreen:

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Well, wow.

I've made ten thousand posts here. That's mind-boggling.

It's a good time to stop and think about why I enjoy this place, and thank the people who make it enjoyable.

There's more to it than just the good humor and the chance to talk about a favorite web comic. I've met some remarkable people here who've impressed me deeply, with user names everywhere in the alphabet from A to Z (and you know who the A and the Z are, don't you?).

The diversity here has stretched my mind permanently. Special thanks to minority group members who've volunteered their time to explain things. Extra special thanks to people who have disagreed with me and been right.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.

Butts.
My Art.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

I should like to take this opportunity to thank IICIH in turn for his contribution to this forum; not only for what is visible to all, but for that behind the scenes as well.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Barmymoo

• Mentat

On Monday morning I put three of my four pairs of placement uniform trousers in the washing machine and went off to placement.
Two hours later I was back in my flat, stripping off my baby-vomit-covered uniform and panicking because all my clean trousers were in the washing machine, dripping wet. I found a skirt, changed into my last clean tunic, put the rest of the tunics into the machine, hung up the trousers and went back to placement

On Tuesday I washed the vomity trousers, the skirt and a few other similarly-coloured things.

On Wednesday evening I put three tunics into the wash and went out for dinner.
Two hours later I was back in my flat to discover that I had managed to leave my fountain pen in the pocket of one of the tunics.

The washing machine is now on again, washing said tunic for the fourth time this week.

Redball

• What's disease? Where?

Isn't there a saying about ink-stained and wretched?

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

The wife might be re-joining the baby puke club in a few weeks. She's moving back up to the baby room at her workplace.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr

I get to join the baby puke club in about 20 weeks! I made the baby Facebook-official after my appointment today and woah. 150+ likes and 50+ comments is way more than I anticipated.
We found out they're pretty certain it's a boy, mainly because 'he' kept waving his junk at the sonographer. Couldn't get a clear view of the face though...

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.

If he was waving his junk about there was probably an evil grin on his face.
My Art.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

That is so. fucking. metal. \m/
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I just started taking pregnancy vitamins.

I'm not pregnant. I'm just really tired and the vitamins were free so I figured why not see if they help.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
    • Me.

But if they do work does that mean you're automatically pregnant?
My Art.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Man, I hope so. That would be awesome.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

If the movie "Juno" is to be believed, you get amazing hair & nails from pregnancy vitamins.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

I have some pregnancy vitamins that I need to start taking. I'm just terrible at taking any of my meds, even those I have to take.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Man, I hope so. That would be awesome.

Doesn't that cut out the most fun part of getting pregnant?

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I dunno, I think given the choice between never having sex again and never having children, I'd definitely choose not to have sex.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr

If the movie "Juno" is to be believed, you get amazing hair & nails from pregnancy vitamins.
Not a myth. I can hardly keep up with my nails right now. Judging by the edge of my polish, they've grown almost 1/16" since Saturday.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

It makes sense - during pregnancy, the body is flooded with hormones which promote growth.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

In totally other news, Patrick - I have a question (floor's open to anyone else who wants to answer too but Patrick seemed a logical person to ask). I met a couple today who are Albanian refugees. I didn't ask them about it, because it's irrelevant to their maternity care, but I was wondering what they might be refugees from. I know almost nothing about Albania and my understanding is that it's a lot less turbulent now than it was twenty years ago.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

I dunno, I think given the choice between never having sex again and never having children, I'd definitely choose not to have sex.

I definitely would not choose this. Assuming I could adopt, anyway. Also, no one asked you to make this choice and now I am having waking nightmares at it.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

At me never having sex? I didn't know you cared so much ;)

My point was that for me, the most fun part of getting pregnant is the being pregnant bit (I still find it awesome, in both senses of the word, when I put my hand on a pregnant abdomen and feel the baby move under my fingers). I'm not mad about sex. I like it, but there are a lot of things I prefer.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Each to their own, I'm basically a walking broomstick anyway so my opinion's not hugely valid on this particular topic.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!

I know someone who became unexpectedly pregnant. I was chatting to another friend and the father and the discussion turned to what we'd do if we found out you or your partner was pregnant. I factually said I'd have an abortion, because I don't ever plan on being a parent and that is the plan my partner and I agreed upon when we started having sex, and I'm pretty sure my friends hate me a little now.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 98   Go Up