THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 08 May 2024, 21:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Umm, what??? That's pointless...  (Read 768875 times)

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter

94ssd

• Only pretending to work
  • Hadouken
Re: Umm, what??? That's pointless...
« Reply #3601 on: 15 Feb 2014, 21:12 »

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #3602 on: 15 Feb 2014, 23:01 »

Method.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #3603 on: 16 Feb 2014, 00:48 »

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #3604 on: 16 Feb 2014, 03:07 »

The origin of cats:

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3605 on: 16 Feb 2014, 05:14 »

Kitties are my most favourite thing ever.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3607 on: 16 Feb 2014, 06:06 »

Raindrops on noses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kitten-fur and even more kittens
Brown fuzzy kitty cats, chasing some string
Kittens are pretty much my favourite things.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3608 on: 16 Feb 2014, 06:26 »

I like bats, they're like flying kittens/puppy dogs.

"If the account given in Genesis is really true, ought we not, after all, to thank this serpent? He was the first schoolmaster, the first advocate of learning, the first enemy of ignorance, the first to whisper in human ears the sacred word "liberty"...the creator of ambition, the author of modesty, of inquiry, of doubt, of investigation, of progress and of civilization. Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith! Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge!" - Robert G. Ingersoll, 1872
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #3609 on: 16 Feb 2014, 06:30 »

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3610 on: 16 Feb 2014, 06:37 »

That potassium thing might have been the Cyanide and Happiness barcrawl.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3611 on: 16 Feb 2014, 06:48 »

....yeah. That's more dangerous for some people then others.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3612 on: 16 Feb 2014, 08:25 »

As I rose from my seat a few hours ago, surrounded by other speechless, shell-shocked critics (including a similarly-baffled young woman, lest you think this a case of the Old Boy's Club ganging up on a "girl movie") fumbling for a description of what we'd just endured; the only encapsulation I could muster was that we'd witnessed Highlander as retold with Lisa Frank stickers by a 4 year-old girl to her plush dolls and then re-adapted back into a movie by Tommy Wiseau.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/moviebob/11006-Winters-Fail

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #3613 on: 16 Feb 2014, 08:26 »

So "yut" is the Marine equivalent of "dude"?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3614 on: 16 Feb 2014, 08:30 »

Yeah basically. Marines can and do have entire conversations with "yut" "kill" and various curse words. Just remember, fuck is not a curse word for me and mine. Fuck is a comma.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3615 on: 16 Feb 2014, 10:58 »

Kitties are my most favourite thing ever.
Did someone say MORE CATS?

The Seldom Killer

• More witless shite ----->
« Reply #3616 on: 16 Feb 2014, 11:15 »

Yeah basically. Marines can and do have entire conversations with "yut" "kill" and various curse words. Just remember, fuck is not a curse word for me and mine. Fuck is a comma.

Should you find yourself in Ye Merrie Olde England and feeling a little homesick, I can strongly recommend that you seek the company of the youth of Birkenhead.

In fact these youths bear many similarities to members of the USMC. They are most comfortable in uniform, have a frank and open relationship with death and killing, carry strong familial ties with each other and obey an extra-ordinary honour code. In fact if if I were to be pressed for one word which would afford easy distinction between the two groups, the most appropriate that I can come up with is "shiny".

(click to show/hide)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3617 on: 16 Feb 2014, 11:21 »

I'll just keep drinking with the RMs. Thanks for the recommendation though XD

« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2014, 11:38 by GarandMarine »

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3618 on: 16 Feb 2014, 14:57 »

Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #3619 on: 16 Feb 2014, 15:55 »

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #3620 on: 16 Feb 2014, 16:40 »

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #3621 on: 16 Feb 2014, 19:35 »

That's on a Nickelodeon show? Holy shit.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #3622 on: 16 Feb 2014, 19:52 »

I guess there's some subtext I'm missing?  :psyduck:
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #3623 on: 16 Feb 2014, 19:54 »

Gif 1 is referring to grades.
Gif 2 is referring to boobs.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

kyomi

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
« Reply #3625 on: 17 Feb 2014, 07:10 »

That actually sounds really cool.. I love "brooding" choral songs like that, regardless of lyrics. :)

Grognard

• Token Straight White Conservative Male
« Reply #3626 on: 17 Feb 2014, 07:11 »

Have observed this behavior in Marines' native habitat.  concur with statement.
In fact, witnessed the following 'correction'
"Don't fucking cuss in front of the goddam fucking female civilians! Act like a fucking professional, goddamit!"

Spoken with authority and  straight-faced sincerity from a VERY senior enlisted to a LCpl in my office: in front of said female civilian & totally without realization of the irony of statement.

somedays, it's fucking awesome to work with Marines.   :-D
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3627 on: 17 Feb 2014, 07:41 »

Hahahaha. Hel's Heels that takes me back.

"Listen shithead you have to quit fucking saying "fuck" all the time. You're making yourself look bad ya'fuck"

Then there's REALLY senior SNCOs, where you get shit like this:

Quote from: Max, author of Terminal Lance's blog
I often-times find the many dialects of the Marine Corps to be interesting, or at least entertaining. It’s strange how once someone goes into bootcamp and gets shit out the other side, their entire vocabulary is increased (or decreased really) with a bunch of nonsensical grunts and half-phrases. Some of these people continue to talk like this for years, to a point where I feel it actually starts to deteriorate their vocabulary uncontrollably. I refer to this as “SNCO Syndrome,” keep in mind that not all Staff NCO’s suffer from this. Often times when people get to the fleet, their motivation becomes torn in half at the reality of it all and they start to regain their original thought processes again.

Some, however, retain this mode of thought and speech. This comic is actually inspired by a true story. I had a Master Guns who would literally say “Cleared Hot!” in place of most of this vocabulary. Sometimes it made sense, most of the time it didn’t. I know how it impacted the work environment, which is to say, not really at all. However, I can’t imagine that at home yelling “Cleared Hot!” at the most inappropriate times would end well. These things carry on all over the Corps though; my recruiter, a Staff Sergeant at the time, used to end every sentence and answer every question with “Good to Go.” As strange as it is, usually you knew what he meant. Other words permeate the barracks and chow halls of the Marine Corps, such as Hello, Roger, and the almost always inappropriate, Kill or it’s extended version: Kill Bodies. I think what bothers me the most about Kill as a response is that it’s never the people who’ve actually killed someone that use it.

Whatever the case, I think all Marines–SNCO’s and motivated junior enlisted need to expand their vocabularies. If you’re the kind of person that can answer a question with Semper Fi, you probably need to be on medication. Marine-Speak though, love it or hate it–to each his own–is universally understood by Marines alike, whether they use it or not.

With that said, welcome to comic #2! I plan on keeping Tuesday and Friday as my update days. I’m going to try and hold true to that as best I can. I’m still working on getting a forum up. As I mentioned in the news, as I work on the site things may come and go and do some crazy shit, so just bare with it. Eventually I’ll get everything settled to a point where I can leave it alone. The forum is coming, I’m trying to find one that’s suitable and easy for someone like me who knows nothing about PHP and HTML to use.

One last note, I’d like all you motivated warfighters to do me a favor. If you have a buddy (all Marines have “a buddy”) who happens to be stationed elsewhere such as Pendleton or Lejeune, please send them the site and let them have a look around. Lets make this shit Marine Corps wide!

Out.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #3628 on: 17 Feb 2014, 07:46 »

It’s hilarious that non-Americans on Tumblr are all like “OMG DENNY’S TUMBLR MAKES ME WISH I LIVED IN AMERICA SO I COULD EAT THERE,” while us Americans will literally only eat at Dennys if it’s 3 in the morning and we’ve lost control of our life.
You don’t go to Denny’s. You end up at Denny’s.

kyomi

« Reply #3629 on: 17 Feb 2014, 07:59 »

What are those cards? Some kind of game?

That is awesome if that was randomly drawn from a deck.  :)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3630 on: 17 Feb 2014, 08:11 »

It’s hilarious that non-Americans on Tumblr are all like “OMG DENNY’S TUMBLR MAKES ME WISH I LIVED IN AMERICA SO I COULD EAT THERE,” while us Americans will literally only eat at Dennys if it’s 3 in the morning and we’ve lost control of our life.
You don’t go to Denny’s. You end up at Denny’s.

Denny's is food only if you're drunk. If one of your party isn't passed the fuck out in the booth and intermittently waking up and eating with their hands (Me new years eve) you have made a poor restraunt choice and certainly had better options available.

The cards are from the amazing game Cards Against Humanity.

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #3631 on: 17 Feb 2014, 08:16 »

I went to Denny's with my dad once on a New Years' Eve. My mom was working late, and my dad couldn't be trusted with cooking. The only other person there was a 90-year-old lady. She didn't have anyone to spend New Years' Eve with, so we ended up hanging out with her for the evening.

kyomi

« Reply #3632 on: 17 Feb 2014, 08:19 »

That sounds kinda neat.. learn anything interesting from her?

cesium133

• Cesium Comics
« Reply #3633 on: 17 Feb 2014, 08:29 »

She told me some things about what the town was like when she was young (in the 1920s/1930s, IIRC she was born in 1911). It was pretty interesting.

kyomi

« Reply #3634 on: 17 Feb 2014, 08:35 »

This is just awesome...

Olympic Skating is so graceful

I keep imagining that guy in the first pic being like "OMG BOOBS!"

(replaced above link with the actual source)

It's called Fashion, look it up

Also.. I'm pretty sure this same thing was used in the Metalocalypse episode "Dethfashion"

At least the left half.. I didn't realize it was two pics

Worth it..
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2014, 11:17 by kyomi »

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #3635 on: 17 Feb 2014, 18:29 »

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3636 on: 17 Feb 2014, 19:39 »

Now for some educational videos:

*Ancient Aliens Guy Meme* "Neckbeards"

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #3637 on: 17 Feb 2014, 20:40 »

Well...those were educational.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3639 on: 18 Feb 2014, 02:54 »

Welp, no chance of getting to sleep now, might as well get some work done.

The truth behind the Winter Olympics.
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2014, 04:24 by Jimor »
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3640 on: 18 Feb 2014, 04:40 »

and now, an owl taking a bath: http://www.wimp.com/owlbath/

kyomi

« Reply #3641 on: 18 Feb 2014, 05:17 »

*Ancient Aliens Guy Meme* "Neckbeards"

You're right.. that was a great idea :)

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3642 on: 18 Feb 2014, 06:16 »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #3643 on: 18 Feb 2014, 08:16 »

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #3644 on: 18 Feb 2014, 10:58 »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #3646 on: 18 Feb 2014, 13:04 »

Dafuq. Why did we just watch a video about physical abuse and possibly statutory rape?
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #3647 on: 18 Feb 2014, 13:07 »

too dark? they're playing Dennis the menace the video game...Mr. Wilson is scary as hell in that game.

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #3648 on: 18 Feb 2014, 15:56 »

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #3649 on: 18 Feb 2014, 16:56 »

(click to show/hide)

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 97   Go Up