THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 May 2024, 16:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What awaits us this week? (Poll Closes Wednesday)

Whatever happened to Pintsize?
- 41 (37.6%)
Faye's story v.2.0.?
- 21 (19.3%)
Student, Girlfriend, Librarian or some combination of all three? Claire's Dilemma?
- 11 (10.1%)
How do you come back from firing your best friend?
- 20 (18.3%)
Something completely new (give your idea in a comment, plz)?
- 0 (0%)
"Marten, how would you feel about having three dads?"
- 16 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: 04 Feb 2015, 06:23

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2887-2891 (2-6 February 2015)  (Read 161557 times)

Zalder

• Emoticontraindication
Re: WCDT 2887-2891 (2-6 February 2015)
« Reply #600 on: 05 Feb 2015, 21:53 »

Welp. They're frick fracking.

Kinda wish they weren't. :| Marten's not in a good headspace to be banging right now.

You know people handle stuff differently.  Just because Marten is ready to pursue sexy times with Claire doesn't mean he's not thinking about the shit storm that just happened, it just means that he's not letting that dominate his thoughts right now.  I think there was a time when a mopey Marten would have had no interest in make outs at this point, but he's come a long way. 
-It's tradition!
-Tradition is the illusion of permanence.

ManateeGag

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #601 on: 05 Feb 2015, 21:56 »

Long time reader, first time poster, etc...

I would not have expected anything less from Marten.  Claire is really nervous about being accepted and she found the right person to do that.  I'm just glad her brother didn't screw things up for her.

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000
« Reply #602 on: 05 Feb 2015, 21:58 »

Thoughts at random:

• Not that I'd have expected this to be played for laughs, I'm glad that Jeph sqeeeeee -- ahem, squeezed -- some emotional heft into this one, between Claire's vulnerability and trust, and Marten's bleary-eyed acceptance.
  • Speaking of XKCD, if the last panel had been Marten's room as a ball pit, that would've been just about perfect.
  • What's up with Marten's face in a couple of those panels? Those are faces Marty Feldman would look at and go, "What the fuck?"
  • I'll say it again: Claire is simply adorable.

You forgot this one:
M: Damn, you are really freckly!

After Marten's "modification" of Dora's tattoo, I wonder if he might try something similar with Claire's freckles. I can just picture Monday's strip showing the two of them talking at the library... Emily walks over and wonders why Claire has Orion on one shoulder and Ursa Major on the other.  :claireface:

Warning: While you were typing, eleventy billion new posts were posted. You may wish to... oh, never mind.
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #603 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:00 »

It's "connect the dots".  Then again, Claire has a *lot* of being mottled.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

DrClef

• Plantmonster
« Reply #604 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:00 »

Welp. They're frick fracking.

Kinda wish they weren't. :| Marten's not in a good headspace to be banging right now.

You know people handle stuff differently.  Just because Marten is ready to pursue sexy times with Claire doesn't mean he's not thinking about the shit storm that just happened, it just means that he's not letting that dominate his thoughts right now.  I think there was a time when a mopey Marten would have had no interest in make outs at this point, but he's come a long way.

That does kinda bug me too. I mean, Marten has done a complete turnaround of personality from mopey, somewhat self-centered, and socially awkward to this suave guy who knows exactly what to say and do in his new relationship to make her swoon and feel comfortable, and the only real change seems to be that he's now dating Claire. As happy as I was to see Marten and Claire get together, at this point this is less feeling like a genuine relationship between the two characters, and more like something I would have seen on fanfiction.net.

I mean, the reason why I wanted to see Marten and Claire date was for the happy chuckles I could get out of seeing the perpetual foot-in-mouther Marten stumble his way towards happiness with the pun queen herself. This is way too smooth. Has no roughness or character to it.

But that's just my opinion.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
  • All Your Marriage Are Belong to Everyone
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #605 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:00 »

Fascinating.

Has no one noticed that the date arc was effectively filler? Perhaps filler is the wrong word. Let's call it padding.

Jeph established the romance. He then disestablished Faye and Angus. He then established Faye's depression. Then hinted that she was drinking too much. Each jump to Marten and Claire spaced out the progression from Sad panda to plastered panda.

I don't mean to suggest that the date arc was meaningless. I suspect things that happened will be important in hindsight. But it is in keeping with the way Jeph always done the comic. The issue isn't that Marten and Claire have no foundation for a relationship. It's not that they are unjustifiably happy. The issue is the Jeph is doing the opposite of too many words.

I think he's effectively communicated the feel of the relationship. I would like more details. But I don't assume that Jeph not providing those details means those details don't exist. Jeph's asking us to infer a lot. This comic being a prime example. All other things being equal, I suspect most of it will always be inference.

If you gotta complain, I figure complain about the way he's drawing Marten's eye's lately. Just round the damn things off! He's getting positively creepy. I mean, he rounds them off today, except the last panel. And the last is trip to the uncanny valley. The uncanny valley is worse than LA.

Undrneath

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #606 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:03 »

Thoughts at random:

• Not that I'd have expected this to be played for laughs, I'm glad that Jeph sqeeeeee -- ahem, squeezed -- some emotional heft into this one, between Claire's vulnerability and trust, and Marten's bleary-eyed acceptance.
  • Speaking of XKCD, if the last panel had been Marten's room as a ball pit, that would've been just about perfect.
  • What's up with Marten's face in a couple of those panels? Those are faces Marty Feldman would look at and go, "What the fuck?"
  • I'll say it again: Claire is simply adorable.

You forgot this one:
M: Damn, you are really freckly!

After Marten's "modification" of Dora's tattoo, I wonder if he might try something similar with Claire's freckles. I can just picture Monday's strip showing the two of them talking at the library... Emily walks over and wonders why Claire has Orion on one shoulder and Ursa Major on the other.  :claireface:

Warning: While you were typing, eleventy billion new posts were posted. You may wish to... oh, never mind.

As a "Damn, you are really freckly!" ginger myself I'm sure a lot of people of the freckly persuasion have played connect the dots I know I have.
__________oO0___(_O_  _O_)___0Oo_____________
                                     U
                                   Kilroy wuz here

Zalder

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #607 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:03 »

QUESTION:  What mood music (assuming he'd put on some mood music) would Marten choose for this encounter?  Some older indie that might help Claire get at ease I'm thinking.  Cat Power?
-It's tradition!
-Tradition is the illusion of permanence.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #608 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:03 »

Emily walks over and wonders why Claire has Orion on one shoulder and Ursa Major on the other.

Ursa Major would be because Claire needed a bear too.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

BrusselSprouts

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • kind of awkward
« Reply #609 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:04 »

Looks like Marten's tamper proof seal is about to be broken

« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2015, 20:40 by Kugai »

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #610 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:07 »

That strip was one of several examples of Marten being awkward around Claire. If things seem to have gone un-Martenesquely smoothly, that may be because he's finally dating someone compatible.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

jheartney

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #611 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:07 »

Told you Claire would not be needing her glasses.

Indicible

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Jaegermonster impersonator
« Reply #612 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:14 »

Oh well... I'm gonna be like this all day long...

It's adorable. No other word.
Signature OF DOOM!

Undrneath

« Reply #613 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:17 »

She is even freckly in my favorite spot on a woman, the indent above the bottom below the back.
                                     U
                                   Kilroy wuz here

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #614 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:23 »

QUESTION:  What mood music (assuming he'd put on some mood music) would Marten choose for this encounter?  Some older indie that might help Claire get at ease I'm thinking.  Cat Power?

Fumbling Towards Ecstasy
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #615 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:23 »

Fascinating.

Has no one noticed that the date arc was effectively filler? Perhaps filler is the wrong word. Let's call it padding.

Jeph established the romance. He then disestablished Faye and Angus. He then established Faye's depression. Then hinted that she was drinking too much. Each jump to Marten and Claire spaced out the progression from Sad panda to plastered panda.

To be fair, it's been hinted - most of the time, outright commented on - that Faye drinks to much, probably a dozen times or more throughout the comic's run. Unless you're only referring to the breakup in general?

SugarSparkle

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • Boop.
« Reply #616 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:24 »

Trigger-warning, just in case.

Just wanted to say I'm a trans-chick and I think the pace could be realistic. I personally was quick to have sex after transitioning, because I felt I had been 'deprived' for so long, not being previously comfortable with my body. Making up for lost time I suppose would be fairly accurate. I was 27 though, and Claire seems quite a bit younger, but I can still understand there being some urgency there. And on top of that, having someone to be comfortable with like Claire is comfortable with Marten could be a big confidence booster. It all seems rather believable to me. Just hope she doesn't shack up with Marten just as quickly. I jumped into my first relationship with a guy waaay too quickly, and sure learned my lesson...

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000
« Reply #617 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:25 »

Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

This could easily be its own thread (with a spinoff thread of what was playing for various forumites' first times).
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -
« Reply #618 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:25 »

I am NOT going to cry.

OK, I lied.

This probably belongs on DISCUSSIONS - TRANS - but this is the way things are supposed to happen.

Not the "4th Trans woman murdered this week" of reality.

Things like this do happen in reality though, it's just, well, rare.
Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "

maxh

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #619 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:36 »

I was 27 though, and Claire seems quite a bit younger
She's 24.
GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7  D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

SugarSparkle

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • Boop.
« Reply #620 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:44 »

I was 27 though, and Claire seems quite a bit younger
She's 24.

Ah, thanks. I just get the impression she's a few years younger, like 21 or 22. But that sort of reaffirms my point. There's just a lot of pressure to have sex when you're young. Now that she may feel more comfortable with her body, it's understandable she'd want to at least show it off. And I shouldn't assume they're going to have sex right now since we don't know yet, but whatever she's doing still seems like it could be appropriately paced to me. 

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #621 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:57 »

Welcome, new person!
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

USS Martenclaire

• Furry furrier
« Reply #622 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:57 »

On the one hand, I'm a little disappointed that Jeph didn't decide to keep us all guessing about what was going on. On the hand, Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3

ibanix

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #623 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:59 »

We're rapidly getting close to comic 2900, and comics divided by 100 seem to often have some major plot development....

Lubricus

• Beyoncé
« Reply #624 on: 05 Feb 2015, 22:59 »

This was really beautifully done, and quite a bit more revealing than I would have expected. Great job, Jeph!
What do you know about Pokémon?

Kingy_who

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #625 on: 05 Feb 2015, 23:10 »

We're rapidly getting close to comic 2900, and comics divided by 100 seem to often have some major plot development....

Like we haven't had enough of those recently.

Natswash

• Furry furrier
  • I'm a leaf on the wind...
« Reply #626 on: 05 Feb 2015, 23:11 »

A: Go Marten!
B:Thank you Jeph for actually confirming what happens (while it's still kinda a letdown to actually know and all)
C: Now THIS is probably the most risque thing he's ever drawn

Initiating squee in T-minus...
"Accurate" and "orbital bombardment" do not fit in the same sentence.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #627 on: 05 Feb 2015, 23:13 »

Meh.
It may be because I read the comic right after waking up and am thus a bit cranky, but I don't really like it.
Like, I can totally see where Jeph was going with this, but to me the comic seems to focus on an issue which I feel would better be solved by the "fade to black" so famously discussed on the forum yesterday amd by the two appearing obviously happy in the morning.
That said, apparently the trans folks are happy, so who am I to judge :3
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

efrumttr

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #628 on: 05 Feb 2015, 23:20 »

I don't know. On the one hand, squeeeeeeeeeeeee! On the other hand, I just don't find today's panel realistic at all. Yeah sure, it's every transwoman's (mine included) dream scenario where you find someone you have feelings for and they can instantly accept you physically, but this scene? I mean, maybe Claire doesn't have dysphoria to the extent that I do, but I can never ever ever ever ever (x47^8) picture myself doing what Claire did here, no matter how much I trusted the person I was with. "This is me?" I just think it's cringey. So far I've loved Clarten because it's had the sweetness factor but with that necessary dose of realism, where Claire's insecurities (do we need to talk about this, this, and this?) and Martin's enthusiasm have been a nice blend.  But this strip is a little too sunshine and rainbows for me to swallow.

AprilArcus

• FIGHT YOU
  • adoxographical exegete
« Reply #629 on: 05 Feb 2015, 23:27 »

I think I like this?

Marten's shirt is off in panel 1, and Claire is still fully dressed. Did she undress him? His facial expression is unreadable. Blinding lust? Is he pulling her into bed while she pushes him away? Was he trying to escalate? Or is it spiritual exhaustion? Is she pushing him into bed while he prevaricates about escalating?

And then this totally, intensely awkward record-scratch where she stops the flow of foreplay and suddenly they are having a completely different conversation entirely. Why does she choose to undress herself in this kind of prosaic, unsexy way instead of inviting him to undress her?

It is fascinating that Marten makes her feel confident enough to do something this bold, but not so confident that she feels like she doesn't have to. Weird, tender, shaky-new-relationship excitement and terror. His face is agog in panel 5; "She just stripped in front of me?" And then panel 6, those bags under his eyes, it's like he is so tired and barely dealing with any of this.

It's so strange and awkward and unsexy. It feels like it could be true for a 24 year old virgin, but it feels so far from my experience I barely know how to relate to any of it.

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #630 on: 05 Feb 2015, 23:29 »

This is definitely more risque than I was expecting Jeph to go, but personally I think that's a good thing. After all, he's shown plenty of other characters in similarly revealing situations, so it would send kind of a weird message if Marten and Claire's relationship was always this chaste, behind closed doors thing. This way, he puts it on an equal footing with any of the other relationships that he's shown while at the same time maintaining the position that Claire's private parts should remain private. Basically, this is about as well as I could imagine it being handled. As far as realism, I don't really have the personal experiences to be able to say, but it seems to me that Claire is pretty in character here as far as being both nervous and uncertain but also brave, which is one of the things that I like about her as a character.

SugarSparkle

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • Boop.
« Reply #631 on: 05 Feb 2015, 23:38 »

I don't know. On the one hand, squeeeeeeeeeeeee! On the other hand, I just don't find today's panel realistic at all. Yeah sure, it's every transwoman's (mine included) dream scenario where you find someone you have feelings for and they can instantly accept you physically, but this scene? I mean, maybe Claire doesn't have dysphoria to the extent that I do, but I can never ever ever ever ever (x47^8) picture myself doing what Claire did here, no matter how much I trusted the person I was with. "This is me?" I just think it's cringey. So far I've loved Clarten because it's had the sweetness factor but with that necessary dose of realism, where Claire's insecurities (do we need to talk about this, this, and this?) and Martin's enthusiasm have been a nice blend.  But this strip is a little too sunshine and rainbows for me to swallow.

Marten is clearly a very accepting and caring person. And Claire is very passable. She may not be very dysphoric, it's entirely possible. In my experience, the trans-community doesn't focus on smooth transitions and happy endings very much. I think some sunshine and rainbows are a welcome thing. Since when are optimism and hope bad or unrealistic? I welcome any positive portrayals of trans-people over all the negative or depressing stories, or comedic stereotypes. I find Claire and her situation to be more relatable to me than not.

Dragonsreach

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #632 on: 05 Feb 2015, 23:39 »

This is just what I needed today, a simple 'loving' end to a week.
Thanks Jeph!
:claireface: Totally appropriate.

Undrneath

« Reply #633 on: 05 Feb 2015, 23:42 »

Awkward and unsexy kind of epitomizes Claire at that moment, but in a baring my soul leaving myself vulnerable kind of way. It seems to me that she is saying "here I am" emotionally even more than she is saying it physically. And as Marten says in that moment even being awkward and unsexy she is beautiful.
                                     U
                                   Kilroy wuz here

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #634 on: 05 Feb 2015, 23:44 »

The feel when Claire and Marten are the perfect OTP.

:psyduck:

Lubricus

• Beyoncé
« Reply #635 on: 05 Feb 2015, 23:47 »

Awkward and unsexy? Are we reading the same comic? She seems wonderfully confident, considering her background, and she carries herself very well, IMO. And this particular comic isn't really about "sexy" anyway.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #636 on: 05 Feb 2015, 23:54 »

It's hard to overstate just how much courage that Claire needed to do this. No matter what her feelings, it's been clear since the lake party that her body is a source of embarrassment for her and something about which she is very defensive. To basically surrender herself to Marten's judgement like that? It's an enormous step in her own journey.

Marten's response was perfect all the more for its clear sincerity. I think that this is the significance of his being tired: He's too tired to lie, dissemble or even just be tactful. In his eyes, she's beautiful; that's his gut reaction the first moment that he could get his voice working.

Congratulations to Jeph for handling this so well. The workmanlike way Claire stripped and her body language in panel 4 well communicated her nervousness and fear. Marten's wonderful reaction sweeps away any doubt that he sees Claire as completely natural. Finally, by making Claire look so normal, rather than excessively perfect or different, he answers the prurient without sacrificing her privacy or dignity.

I would argue that this goes in his top ten strips.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
« Reply #637 on: 05 Feb 2015, 23:56 »

Nah, I am a bit of being with AprilArcus on this one.

What is she doing at panel 2? Unmaking her hair and her bra one-handedly, at the same time?
If so, mad props to her for her coordination - I know I couldn't do this without an extensive amount of training.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #638 on: 05 Feb 2015, 23:56 »

And then this totally, intensely awkward record-scratch where she stops the flow of foreplay and suddenly they are having a completely different conversation entirely. Why does she choose to undress herself in this kind of prosaic, unsexy way instead of inviting him to undress her?

It's consistent with Claire being still afraid of rejection, and taking charge of the situation so that if she was rejected at least it would be on her own terms. I'm not explaining this well.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #639 on: 05 Feb 2015, 23:59 »

IMHO, as usual, a lot of people are overanalyzing this.

Have a nice weekend, everybody !

Carpe Diem

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #640 on: 06 Feb 2015, 00:00 »

What is she doing at panel 2? Unmaking her hair and her bra one-handedly, at the same time?
If so, mad props to her for her coordination - I know I couldn't do this without an extensive amount of training.
Some women undo bra straps that way. I prefer to do the hands-around-the-sides method. -I- can't personally pull of that move, but then again, I've got some bigger boobs going on (inevitably leading to the clasp being farther down my back), and I'm not as flexible as I used to be.

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #641 on: 06 Feb 2015, 00:02 »

It's consistent with Claire being still afraid of rejection, and taking charge of the situation so that if she was rejected at least it would be on her own terms. I'm not explaining this well.

For what its worth, I think this is a great explanation.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #642 on: 06 Feb 2015, 00:04 »

Quote from: Jeph long ago
I don't care if people overanalyze things. I mean, I think it's stupid, and they're wrong 99% of the time, but that's kind of what forums are FOR.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

AprilArcus

• FIGHT YOU
  • adoxographical exegete
« Reply #643 on: 06 Feb 2015, 00:13 »

This way, he puts it on an equal footing with any of the other relationships that he's shown while at the same time maintaining the position that Claire's private parts should remain private.

Jeph never shows private parts when he shows characters having sex. I don't think this is really a sex scene at all. It like, deliberately pivots out of sexy mode before showing us nudity. It's not one of these:

It's one of these:

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #644 on: 06 Feb 2015, 00:15 »

Am I the only one that thinks a girl (or anyone I guess, I just happen to like girls) acting like that is kinda sexy? Am I the weird one? Everyone seems to be saying that it's not, however cute they think it is.
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #645 on: 06 Feb 2015, 00:17 »

Yes you are.  This is perfectly consistent with having body issues. 

Being undressed by someone else is shameful.  Like the phantom having his mask ripped off.

Undressing herself, assuring herself at each step that it was her own choice is different.  In the last moment she's still _naked_ rather than nude but every step up to that point was hers alone.
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #646 on: 06 Feb 2015, 00:21 »

Jeph never shows private parts when he shows characters having sex. I don't think this is really a sex scene at all. It like, deliberately pivots out of sexy mode before showing us nudity.

I didn't say that Jeph was reaffirming that private parts are not an issue because I thought that he had shown private parts at other times. It's because Marten's reaction  to that issue is no longer a mystery, and so people can no longer use the excuse that "I'm not asking about Claire's private parts because I'm curious about her private parts, I'm just asking because I want to know what Marten thinks." We now know exactly what Marten thinks. I'm also not sure how this can be interpreted as anything other than a sex scene, although if you find it unsexy that's a valid opinion.

bartman

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #647 on: 06 Feb 2015, 00:21 »

That does kinda bug me too. I mean, Marten has done a complete turnaround of personality from mopey, somewhat self-centered, and socially awkward to this suave guy who knows exactly what to say and do in his new relationship to make her swoon and feel comfortable, and the only real change seems to be that he's now dating Claire.

It may be a little bit saccharine, to re-use a word used earlier in this thread, but it can happen that a relationship with one particular person brings the best out of you. It may be that having pursued more assertive women in the past, Marten realises he needs to take a bit more control this time round to help a very nervous Claire.

Just wanted to say I'm a trans-chick and I think the pace could be realistic. I personally was quick to have sex after transitioning, because I felt I had been 'deprived' for so long, not being previously comfortable with my body. Making up for lost time I suppose would be fairly accurate.

Well this is the thing with the "it's too soon" theory - there isn't a book somewhere with a timetable you have to stick to. When it feels right to both people in a relationship to do something it probably is right. And I say that as someone who usually prefers "slow and steady wins the race" in their own relationships.

Orkboy

• Beyoncé
  • Yelling angrily at the universe.
    • Bloodgood's Bloody Good Beer Blog
« Reply #648 on: 06 Feb 2015, 00:23 »

You know, you could say that it's a kind of equality that Jeph handles Claire sexytimes the same way he handles everyone else's sexytimes. 

Also, we need a word that combines squee and daaaaaaaaang, but I can't figure out a portmanteau that doesn't sound really weird.   

Lubricus

• Beyoncé
« Reply #649 on: 06 Feb 2015, 00:23 »

Am I the only one that thinks a girl (or anyone I guess, I just happen to like girls) acting like that is kinda sexy? Am I the weird one? Everyone seems to be saying that it's not, however cute they think it is.

I agree, so if you are weird, I'm weird as well.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Up