THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 07 Jun 2024, 07:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 794276 times)

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #2750 on: 12 Oct 2009, 13:20 »

Just jump in the ocean!
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

ackblom12

« Reply #2751 on: 12 Oct 2009, 13:26 »

I honestly wouldn't suggest it for the drying reasons. you can, it's unlikely to cause serious problems, but this isn't a normal wound that's trying to be healed. Trying to heal a wound with little to no scarring while it contains a permanent (semi permanent, whichever) foreign object is touchy when your drying it out to the degree a ocean dip would cause. Not that this is a major problem for all folks, but it's genrally a good idea to avoid the ocean for a few weeks at least.

Edit - Technically there is also the chance of a microorganism getting stuck in the piercing wound.
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2009, 13:41 by ackblom12 »

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #2752 on: 12 Oct 2009, 15:16 »

More like micoorgasm.

I was also going to make a joke about jumping into the sea then walking out with a swordfish or a narwhale in the piercing.

Also is there any easy way to measure how big I've stretched my ear so far? Or should I just head to the local piercers and let them measure the grubby taped taper?
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2753 on: 12 Oct 2009, 19:45 »

For measuring, I'd just go to my piercer, to be honest. Or get a wire gauge and measure yourself.

As for how much salt, basically, the mixture should slightly taste like tears. Repeating what Akblom(Stephen? Sorry, I'm terrible with names) said, too much and you can dry your skin out. And a dried piercing is not a happy one.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #2754 on: 12 Oct 2009, 21:16 »

Aahhh, the mirad and wonderfull powers of osomosis  :laugh: :-P
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #2755 on: 13 Oct 2009, 00:09 »

Man, I dunno. I mean, yeah, the ocean is nasty and full of fish piss, but seriously, no one saw my sunburn on my butt the day after I got it. I had already been fucking around in the ocean twice before someone did. I was afraid that it would dry it the hell out, but it actually didn't. Usually I can't get moisturising lotion application right (I get too much or my skin is super dry and sucks it all up), but my butt was so happy with everything I did after I got out of the saltwater.

I believe in mother nature! Yeah!

If you live in the US, there is a perfume- and dye-free prescription alternative lotion called Sarna. It is for sensitive skin and it treats irritation and itching. I used it when I had some weird rash on my arm and it worked better than Ketamine. You guys should pick up some of this shit for post-saline soak dryness.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

HellStorm

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #2756 on: 13 Oct 2009, 08:26 »

Something that worked for my friend (who has super-duper sensitive skin and couldn't use salt soaks as it dried her skin out loads) is baby shampoo. Dilute it a bit, and just use it in place of a salt-soak. If you're in the UK (not sure if they do it anywhere else. They probably do and I'm just really ignorant) use Johnson's :)

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2757 on: 13 Oct 2009, 08:31 »

Just jump in the ocean!

Not everyone has the luxury of having an ocean.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work
« Reply #2758 on: 13 Oct 2009, 09:19 »

I mentioned that I am going to get a bird tattoo. This is it. I am considering re-drawing the eagle on the left, so that it's in the same sort of position as the purple finch.

Yo should also redraw the eagle so it doesn't look like it has down's syndrome.

Professor Snuggles

« Reply #2759 on: 13 Oct 2009, 09:56 »

It is a pretty bad idea for a tattoo, basically.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #2760 on: 13 Oct 2009, 10:01 »

What is with the hating on other people's tattoo ideas?

Can't we all just get along?

I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Professor Snuggles

« Reply #2761 on: 13 Oct 2009, 11:20 »

If I was about to make a huge mistake that was going to stay with me for the rest of my life, I'd want someone to tell me it was a terrible idea.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #2762 on: 13 Oct 2009, 14:42 »

one good distance shot of me + plugs. all the close ups are blurry.

- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #2763 on: 13 Oct 2009, 15:10 »

If I was about to make a huge mistake that was going to stay with me for the rest of my life, I'd want someone to tell me it was a terrible idea.

But it's not you getting the tattoo done. It's somebody else who has obviously already put thought into it and likes the idea. If the person is obviously just gonna' get one done on a whim, then yeah, I understand, but BrilliantEraser has drawn these herself, so she quite obviously knows what she wants.

BrilliantEraser

• The German Chancellory building
  • We're kings among runaways
    • Brilliant Eraser Productions
« Reply #2764 on: 13 Oct 2009, 18:07 »

But it's not you getting the tattoo done. It's somebody else who has obviously already put thought into it and likes the idea. If the person is obviously just gonna' get one done on a whim, then yeah, I understand, but BrilliantEraser has drawn these herself, so she quite obviously knows what she wants.

Fanks. I know the whole bald eagle as a tattoo thing is largely overdone, but this is a tattoo I designed because of my great-grandparents. They're both still around (Anni is 92, Grandpa is 88), but not really doing so great anymore. I want to do something to honor them and everything that they have done for me. I spent most of my childhood with them, as my parents divorced early and single motherhood in the early 90's wasn't so hip as it is right now, yeah? But I digress.

My great-grandma (Anni) was inside reading one day when a bird flew into the window. She ran outside, picked him up, and nursed him back to health. When he was better, she let him go, thinking she would never see him again. Well, a week later she was out in the garden and that little bird flew right up and landed on her shoulder. He stayed with her for a few minutes, chirping and generally being cute (I have pictures of this somewhere -- it's really a sight to see!). Because it was a male purple finch, that's why I chose that bird.

Grandpa was a Petty Officer 2nd class in the Navy in World War II, stationed in Guam. He served for a few years but ended up being sent back home because of a herniated disc in his back. He's always taken pride in the Navy (grand marshal of our town's Memorial Day parade for a few years) and his part in the war, so I wanted to do something to honor that as well. Pretty much, a bald eagle was the best I could do. I need some help with that. Also, he has tattoos (seriously every Navy dude does), so I figured he would understand the best about this whole thing.

Also, cute story -- I recently raised/rehabilitated and released a house finch. Anni was so proud. =)

tl;dr This tattoo isn't on a whim. I have seriously thought it out. It has a lot of meaning for me and my family. So there.
*bloop bloop bloop*

Professor Snuggles

« Reply #2765 on: 13 Oct 2009, 23:15 »

The design of the tattoo isn't inherently flawed, but the illustration isn't good. An eagle and a finch is cool! That particular drawing just isn't very good.

elizaknowswhatshesfor

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #2766 on: 14 Oct 2009, 06:16 »

Agreed. Birds make fantastic tattoos, most artists would be able to draw you something really fantastic from a few googled images.

If you are going to honour your grandparents getting it done badly would be preety, well insulting, like all those terribly done portraits of people's kids you see.

I have a couple of tattoos that are fairly common subjects, two roses on my arm & a Black Flag tattoo also) The roses are both beautifully done and I often get complements on them, the bars however look just fucking awful (Seriously how could anyone fuck up such a simple damn tattoo).

What I'm trying to say is ANY idea can be a good one if it's done right.

I have a question for the thread:

Wrists tattoos; which way should they face, toward or away from you? I can't decide.
You do. You need pants. Put on some fucking pants. Why aren't you wearing pants?

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #2767 on: 14 Oct 2009, 06:27 »

I would say towards you, since you can always stand facing the same direction as someone while showing it off but you can't always look at your tattoo and fully appreciate it if it's facing away from you.

On the subject, I have been considering getting my first tat. I've always been a huge Arthur Conan Doyle fan and my favorite Holmes short story is The Adventure of the Dancing Men. The Dancing Men are used to encrypt messages from a former gang affiliate to a lady who has since moved on with her life. I was thinking of getting a line of dancing men down my right wrist, facing me. Is this a good idea y/n?

At what length do wrist tattoos look best?

Should I get a line from the book, a line of random characters, or try and write my own message (I'm not sure this is possible since the code was only revealed enough to drive the plot).

« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2009, 23:40 by Ballard »
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #2768 on: 14 Oct 2009, 07:12 »

Are you thinking of having it circle your wrist, or just on the inside?

I think on the inside of the wrist Elsie's reply would go best.

But the final criminals message is awesome because the guy is standing on his head. It's like stickman breakdancing.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #2769 on: 14 Oct 2009, 08:37 »

I meant down my inner arm, vertically. I was thinking a bit longer than Elsie's reply. Somewhere in between the criminal's first message and his second in length.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #2770 on: 14 Oct 2009, 09:05 »

Wrists tattoos; which way should they face, toward or away from you? I can't decide.

Kind of depends on the tattoo, a design that's fairly flat on one side and then peaked on the other will probably look best with the flat side closest to the hand regardless of anything else.

For the Dancing Men I think a line from the book would be good, the criminal's second message seems a good length and since it's all about Conan Doyle love getting one he wrote seems the most apt.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
« Reply #2771 on: 14 Oct 2009, 09:49 »

Grandpa was a Petty Officer 2nd class in the Navy in World War II, stationed in Guam.

Yay for grandfathers in the Navy.  Mine retired as an MCPO.  However, I can say that this:

(seriously every Navy dude does)

Is not true.

I have a couple of friends who have wrist tattoos, and I'm fairly certain they're facing towards the person owning the tattoo.  It's easy to tell, because one is of a hand drum and the other is of the word "JAZZ" (who wants to guess how I knew these guys?).
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #2772 on: 14 Oct 2009, 11:13 »

The design of the tattoo isn't inherently flawed, but the illustration isn't good. An eagle and a finch is cool! That particular drawing just isn't very good.

Jeez dude, then just make that clearer next time! I know I know I am not a super-fantastic artist, and what I drew is obviously not exactly what I am going to get done. I want the tattoo artist to re-draw it and figure out how detailed they can be without everything being super-blurry, et cetera et cetera.

I think they should face toward you, so that they look right-side up when holding your arm down (perpendicular to the ground). Just a personal preference though. My friend has an awesome wrist tattoo of a dee-ring bit (horse-back riding), and it looks right-side up no matter which way she is holding her arm. This is a dee-ring bit:

*bloop bloop bloop*

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #2773 on: 14 Oct 2009, 13:24 »

(it's a jointed snaffle)

(yeah)

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #2774 on: 14 Oct 2009, 14:39 »

Professor Snuggles

« Reply #2775 on: 14 Oct 2009, 18:32 »

Jeez dude, then just make that clearer next time! I know I know I am not a super-fantastic artist, and what I drew is obviously not exactly what I am going to get done. I want the tattoo artist to re-draw it and figure out how detailed they can be without everything being super-blurry, et cetera et cetera.

See, if you look at your original post, you'll see that you said the drawing you posted was what you were getting. It was a pretty reasonable thing to think. I only ever said the idea of the tattoo was bad because you said it was that drawing. That drawing isn't good, and the eagle looks downsy.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #2776 on: 14 Oct 2009, 18:41 »

The drawing is not that bad, I couldn't draw anything that well. It is good enough for a rough design, and I really like the idea.
Guys after long thinking I have decided that I am never going to get a tattoo because I kind of enjoy my skin the way it is.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #2777 on: 14 Oct 2009, 18:48 »

I have enough money to get a tattoo, but now I am dithering about what I really want because I am scared and don't want to get something that I will stop liking. Plus I keep seeing cool tattoos and changing my mind.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #2778 on: 14 Oct 2009, 18:59 »

(it's a jointed snaffle)

(yeah)

Jointed only refers to the mouthpiece. D-ring refers to the rings on the sides of the bit. As in, it differentiates from eggbutt snaffles, half-cheek snaffles, loose-ring snaffles. If I wanted to get super-specific, I would say that it is a stainless steel jointed D-ring.

But, you know, semantics.

See, if you look at your original post, you'll see that you said the drawing you posted was what you were getting. It was a pretty reasonable thing to think. I only ever said the idea of the tattoo was bad because you said it was that drawing. That drawing isn't good, and the eagle looks downsy.

Blaaaah. I will be more clear next time? Also, yes, the eagle does look fucking retarded. I know this. Hence me wanting to redraw it. But you seriously think even the finch doesn't look good? I was pretty proud of that part of the drawing.
*bloop bloop bloop*

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2779 on: 14 Oct 2009, 21:32 »

Hey guys! I started stretching my lobes today! I am not going to go very big, but I am really happy that I have finally started this, however I am going to be trying to keep it relatively tame as time goes.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2780 on: 14 Oct 2009, 22:42 »

I keep seeing cool tattoos and changing my mind.

The funny thing about tattoos is that you can get more than one.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2781 on: 14 Oct 2009, 22:45 »

Unless you want it in the same spot, or you only want one tattoo, or you're carefully trying to avoid clutter.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2782 on: 14 Oct 2009, 22:56 »

Pfft.

Pfft, I say!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #2783 on: 14 Oct 2009, 23:39 »

Jointed only refers to the mouthpiece. D-ring refers to the rings on the sides of the bit. As in, it differentiates from eggbutt snaffles, half-cheek snaffles, loose-ring snaffles. If I wanted to get super-specific, I would say that it is a stainless steel jointed D-ring.

But, you know, semantics.

Oh hey thanks for clearing that up!

Professor Snuggles

« Reply #2784 on: 15 Oct 2009, 07:36 »

The drawing is not that bad, I couldn't draw anything that well. It is good enough for a rough design, and I really like the idea.
Guys after long thinking I have decided that I am never going to get a tattoo because I kind of enjoy my skin the way it is.

I enjoy your skin the way it is too.

The way it covers your bones and muscles is particularly appealing.

Professor Snuggles

« Reply #2785 on: 15 Oct 2009, 08:13 »

damn it, tommy.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #2786 on: 15 Oct 2009, 14:38 »

Not mine, but that doesn't mean I can't love it.

Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

SonofZ3

« Reply #2787 on: 15 Oct 2009, 15:33 »

wrist tattoos, above or below?

Do both! Its what I did!
I've gained nothing from Zen.

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #2788 on: 15 Oct 2009, 17:05 »

Hey guys! I started stretching my lobes today! I am not going to go very big, but I am really happy that I have finally started this, however I am going to be trying to keep it relatively tame as time goes.

Yay! I love gauged ears. I stopped stretching mine over the summer, but I am going to start back up again now. How big do you think you are going to go? I would suggest an 8g, because then you can get all sorts of awesome plugs (that exact line was how my piercer got me convinced to stretch mine).
*bloop bloop bloop*

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2789 on: 16 Oct 2009, 14:47 »

I am probably going bigger than 8g tbh, probs like.. 0 actually
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2790 on: 17 Oct 2009, 16:46 »

(0 isn't that big once you get there.....)

I was going to only go to zero, and well, at this point I'm contemplating an inch and a half. I'm at half an inch now.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

ackblom12

« Reply #2791 on: 18 Oct 2009, 11:15 »

1 week before my suspension

Fuck yeah.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #2792 on: 18 Oct 2009, 11:41 »

There better be pictures.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2793 on: 18 Oct 2009, 13:12 »

second'd

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2794 on: 18 Oct 2009, 13:16 »

I want a video
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2795 on: 18 Oct 2009, 13:30 »

(0 isn't that big once you get there.....)

I was going to only go to zero, and well, at this point I'm contemplating an inch and a half. I'm at half an inch now.

I honestly prefer the look of medium ish range lobes so I likely will not go too big.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2796 on: 18 Oct 2009, 13:43 »

No, I did too. What I'm saying is, at first that's what I wanted. I thought it looked great, and wasn't too big, and was the perfect size. Then after getting there, I realized that it was just so small still and that I wanted to go even bigger. When I got to 0, I thought going to 00 would be big enough, but it wasn't. So I gradually realized that I wanted to go bigger.

What I am saying is; look out, its addicting. Once you get to your desired size, you may want to go bigger.

abadname

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • double plus good
    • http://www.myspace.com/roseofsharyn7
« Reply #2797 on: 19 Oct 2009, 14:29 »

Tomorrow I get more work done.  Quite excited.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2798 on: 20 Oct 2009, 01:58 »

I get my Key done tomorrow. Pictures coming!

abadname

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • double plus good
    • http://www.myspace.com/roseofsharyn7
« Reply #2799 on: 20 Oct 2009, 14:28 »

Complete
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 97   Go Up