THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 07 Jun 2024, 04:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 794186 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #3300 on: 02 Jun 2010, 08:17 »

Get it all done. You'll just have to train yourself to sleep on your back for a while. (I am a stomach sleeper. It took some getting used to, but I did it.) But really, I only did that for the first few weeks until the swelling and whatnot went down and then I went back to sleeping like normal.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

ackblom12

« Reply #3301 on: 02 Jun 2010, 08:38 »

4. Have a hot shower and clean out your piercing. Put the new jewelery in to the point that it feels a little tight but not at all sore. Do not use lube as this only encourages you to stretch beyond what your ears are ready for.
5. Over the next 2-3 days slow push the jewelery through until it is completely in.

Just to put another perspective on it, I'd actually pretty much never suggest someone not use lube. Once I'm out of the shouwer, I'd dry my ears with and immediately lube with either KY or Jojoba. No reason to increase the chance of damage caused by the friction caused. I would also not suggest using jewelry that tapers (such as a pincer or tusk, not sure if that's the type of jewelry you are referring to) since the tapering on them is usually much harsher than that of an actual taper made for stretching.

Generally, unless you're at a size where tape is an option, (I'd say 6g and up) then when you stretch, the entire stretching process should take no more than a few minutes. Having jewelry inserted incorrectly for days at a time, or wearing something like a taper in a piercing is usually a recipe for disaster. If you don't get it caught in some way, there's a much higher chance of losing it in your sleep and having your piercing shrink back down. Most likely it will just go down to the size you were at, but the rate shrinkage occurs is ridiculously varied from person to person.

Otherwise I'm in agreement with the list.

ackblom12

« Reply #3302 on: 02 Jun 2010, 10:00 »

1. Pierce your ears, allow them at least 6 months to completely heal before even contemplating stretching.

Fuck. Fuck! Really? (do you mean weeks, dogg? that seems more likely)

Sorry to inadvertently infuriate you man, but despite the wealth of knowledge available in this thread I haven't been reading it, cos I've only really had any interest in stretching in the past week or so, it was kind of a snap change, so I know literally nothing about. Just assumed that it would hurt, it seems like the kind of thing that would and I am a big scaredy cat. My bad.

Yeah, he is correct. Seriously I wouldn't worry too much about the misunderstanding on pain. It is a rather common misconception people who are unfamiliar with the process have.

The idea of going slow though is definitely something to keep in mind. I've been stretching my lobes for... 3, maybe 4 years? Still not up to my goal size yet. Admittedly I'm going to 1", possibly taking a few years break before moving up to 1 1/4", but the point stands. Piercings are something that require a good amount of patience to deal with.

Seriously, if you have anything you need to ask just let us know. PM, chat or thread (whichever you prefer)  should be fine.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #3303 on: 02 Jun 2010, 10:30 »

Oh hey! I decided to get my septum pierced. Hooha!

also guys, hitchhiking with new tattoos is an interesting experience.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

ackblom12

« Reply #3304 on: 02 Jun 2010, 11:05 »

Personally, I'm glad I waited until I was an adult to start messing with my mods. It feels like these guys don't really have any grasp on the real world and only understand body modding. Course, that's my biased personal opinion.

How do other people feel about super modified 20 year olds?

On one hand I agree with you, on the other hand I also recall how goddamn irritating it was being told (still being told 10 years later) that it's just a phase and I'll grow out of it.

For a lot of folks who get involved it's about a lot more than just decorating yourself and in many of these cases, Pauly probably being one of them, knew full well what they were getting into.

Also, sorry about the trio of responses. I'm catching up!

Edit - Andy! have you gotten it done yet? What size? what kind of jewelry are you wanting? etc etc.
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2010, 11:16 by ackblom12 »

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #3305 on: 02 Jun 2010, 15:05 »

I'm probably going to get something relatively small, 10 maybe, I'll ask when I go to a piercer what they suggest.

I'm probably going to get something open while I'm looking for a job so I can flip it up but once I get a job I'll probably get a tightish(when it's healed) ring. Do you have any suggestions for jewelry that would be most adorable on this face?

It's gonna be cute because my main partner has a septum too and they're gonna get stuck together so cute/suck.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #3306 on: 02 Jun 2010, 15:21 »

JIMMY GET 'ER DONE
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3307 on: 02 Jun 2010, 15:49 »

Hey, guys stretch your ears!

I finally got my fancy new 1/2 inch plugs in! They are so beautifuls and pretty and when light shines through them that look the best.

(If these pictures are showing up sideways and huge, I apologize. I don't know whats going on. I edited them on photobucket and they look right there.)
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2010, 15:55 by Emaline »
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3308 on: 02 Jun 2010, 16:19 »

Wow Emaline, those look absolutely gorgeous!

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #3309 on: 02 Jun 2010, 18:22 »

Healthy healthy lobes <3 Those look like the jewelry I'm getting when I'm around that size except I'm getting both jade and amethyst omnomnom
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3310 on: 02 Jun 2010, 19:15 »

Pretty pretty plugs!

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #3311 on: 02 Jun 2010, 22:06 »

Hey guys, thoughts on stretching just one ear?

I got my left ear pierced (with a needle, at 12g) a few years ago and put a captive bead ring in it and haven't touched it since. I'm thinking of stretching the one I currently have to a 6 or a 4 and putting in a spiral, and then piercing the other ear and putting a captive bead ring in that instead.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3312 on: 02 Jun 2010, 22:14 »

Sounds pretty dumb to me but you DO live in New York so you could probably get away with it.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #3313 on: 02 Jun 2010, 22:29 »

think about it this way gene, you wont look as stupid as ryan does.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3314 on: 02 Jun 2010, 22:51 »

Alright, personal taste is just that but can you please justify your usage of the word "dumb" with regard to stretching one ear (people pierce one ear all the time) when we just spent a page respectfully discussing the aesthetic choices of a guy with a fucking hockey puck through his lip?

I would also really appreciate it if I could once ask for fashion advice without receiving five replies in the vein of "You look like a tool but since you live in New York I guess that's the intention."

sean

• welp
« Reply #3315 on: 02 Jun 2010, 22:57 »

just cause people pierce one ear it doesn't mean i like that either (i actually hate small sized ear piercings on dudes. its always just a stud and little studs are terrible.) also i did not say one word about the dude who had a hockey puck in his lip (that is dumb too).
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3316 on: 02 Jun 2010, 23:15 »

Nah, I was replying to Ally.

Who is Ryan?

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3317 on: 02 Jun 2010, 23:21 »

I dunno, I like symmetry in faces and fashion (with the exception of side parts and scarves flung to one side). I think Rizzo has different size plug? But they're not so different so I guess I don't mind so much.
For the record I also think one ear pierced looks pretty silly, but earrings are much smaller so you don't notice them as much.

Hockey puck dude kind of hurt to look at.

Also Gene I don't think you look like a tool. You make some interesting choices for sure but most of the time they work for you. Your hair is excellent right now and I am glad you ditched those too-small glasses and are not afraid of facial hair.

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3318 on: 02 Jun 2010, 23:31 »

Just to put another perspective on it, I'd actually pretty much never suggest someone not use lube. Once I'm out of the shouwer, I'd dry my ears with and immediately lube with either KY or Jojoba. No reason to increase the chance of damage caused by the friction caused. I would also not suggest using jewelry that tapers (such as a pincer or tusk, not sure if that's the type of jewelry you are referring to) since the tapering on them is usually much harsher than that of an actual taper made for stretching.

Generally, unless you're at a size where tape is an option, (I'd say 6g and up) then when you stretch, the entire stretching process should take no more than a few minutes. Having jewelry inserted incorrectly for days at a time, or wearing something like a taper in a piercing is usually a recipe for disaster. If you don't get it caught in some way, there's a much higher chance of losing it in your sleep and having your piercing shrink back down. Most likely it will just go down to the size you were at, but the rate shrinkage occurs is ridiculously varied from person to person.

Otherwise I'm in agreement with the list.
I don't necessarily disagree with you but I feel that typically the slow stretch of a taper or spiral is much better for your ears than a fast stretch which can cause tears etc. Course, if you've only got small holes and are will to do soaks for a week or so then it's probably fine. But large gauge (6g thru everything else) should be done with tape or a large spiral, worked through slowly.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

ackblom12

« Reply #3319 on: 03 Jun 2010, 05:53 »

yeah, mainly I just see no reason to use a spiral when you have a lot more control over stretching speed with either teflon or bondage tape. Seems like there is a lot less chance of going too far too quickly while still being able to add an extra .2mm without any real issue, especially if you are new to stretching. but yes, tapers should only really be used at 6g and up if you've already taped to the size and just want the taper to follow through the fresh jewelry.

Admittedly this is also discounting the absolute pain in the ass learning how to tape properly is.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3320 on: 03 Jun 2010, 12:19 »

Personally I think if you're going to stretch one, you might as well get the other pierced and stretch that one eventually as well. I honestly really don't like the whole one earring thing, especially stretched because it's asymetrical. But really, it's up to you. If you want to do it, go for it.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3321 on: 03 Jun 2010, 14:48 »

For the record, I think Ryan pulls it off pretty well too. It's different! It's fun! I like it.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3322 on: 03 Jun 2010, 15:13 »

Oh okay. I just don't know everyone's meatlife name anymore because I'm hardly ever on Meebo.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #3323 on: 04 Jun 2010, 08:08 »

oh no I only have one ear stretched, oh noooo.

I just don't think I'd look good with both ears stretched. I'm with Emaline on the fact that I pull off being unsymmetrical.

I think Gene'd be able to pull it off too. And if he feels it doesn't he can always stretch the other one.

Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

ackblom12

« Reply #3324 on: 04 Jun 2010, 08:20 »

No he couldn't man, once you've joined the One Lobed gang, the only way to leave is to get your lobes torn off by an angry chihuaha. Sorry dawg,

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3325 on: 04 Jun 2010, 13:31 »

I think the bigger the gauge, the harder it is to pull off.

I'm only looking to go to a 6 or at most a 4, so it wouldn't be like BIG HOLE IN ONE EAR and nothing in the other.

Ryan, I like how it works on you.

iamiam

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #3326 on: 05 Jun 2010, 08:06 »

yeah i also like ryan's asymmetric...ness.

gene if it's what you want to do you might as well go for it and if you change your mind you can always stretch the other ear later!
Quote from: meebo
[11:09] Darryl: MaiAda: the Beat Happening of the QC boards
[11:10] Darryl: so subtly subversive that not everybody can even tell
[11:10] Darryl: punk as fuck
[11:10] Darryl: ponies and rainbows

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #3327 on: 05 Jun 2010, 09:29 »

i think i'm gonna get a new tattoo in the next week

ackblom12

« Reply #3328 on: 05 Jun 2010, 09:42 »

What are you getting Gemm?

One of these days, I'll stop getting distracted by PC parts and vidjya games so I can save up for new tats.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #3329 on: 05 Jun 2010, 09:56 »

i've not decided yet but i need new ink and i need it very soon

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3330 on: 06 Jun 2010, 00:19 »

New pierciiiiiiiiiiings! Pics later!!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

alli

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #3331 on: 06 Jun 2010, 18:12 »

Got this done at the Icelandic Tattoo Convention this weekend. Won best color and best of show.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3333 on: 06 Jun 2010, 20:48 »

Damn that's a gorgeous tattoo, alli.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #3334 on: 07 Jun 2010, 02:50 »

Wooow, I'm normally not a fan of portrait tattoos (or faces in tattoos at all really), but that one is just stunning. It's really artistic, and I love the style and colours!
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3335 on: 07 Jun 2010, 03:20 »

Okay. I've been thinking of getting an eyebrow piercing.

But part of me tells me that a) I'm not cool enough (or not metal enough take your pick) and b) eyebrow piercing with glasses?
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3336 on: 07 Jun 2010, 05:25 »

I don't know about a) but b) is totally acceptable.

But then obviously I would say that

Also,

My other ear is much the same so I thought two photos would be too much. Also if you think it looks a little odd with the three rings, don't worry. I'm getting another one in the cartiledge once everything is healed up nicely.
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2010, 05:28 by Jimmy the Squid »
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3337 on: 07 Jun 2010, 05:32 »

Yay! Are you going to stretch your lobes at all or leave them as is?

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3338 on: 07 Jun 2010, 05:38 »

Probably leave them! I am not that fond of stretches and frankly I don't want to have to deal with having them stretched, though I'm sure it would look ok.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #3339 on: 07 Jun 2010, 08:41 »

Aw man, I know there are different opinions on how to heal cartilage but healing mine with a ring was a horror story despite taking care of it. Mine moved around a lot though.

So I got my septum pierced! He told me to leave it flipped up for the first two weeks, is this good advice? Also, inside of my nose, is it normal for it to tilt to one side? Is this just the swelling from the initial piercing?
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3340 on: 07 Jun 2010, 10:55 »

Okay. I've been thinking of getting an eyebrow piercing.

But part of me tells me that a) I'm not cool enough (or not metal enough take your pick) and b) eyebrow piercing with glasses?

Based on what I remember you looking like in pictures you've posted here, I'd say go for it.

I've always wanted an eyebrow piercing and never even considered that my glasses would be an issue. My only reason for not getting it really is that my eyebrows are just too large.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3341 on: 07 Jun 2010, 12:05 »

So I got my septum pierced! He told me to leave it flipped up for the first two weeks, is this good advice? Also, inside of my nose, is it normal for it to tilt to one side? Is this just the swelling from the initial piercing?

My piercer told me that the more you leave it flipped up during the healing period, the straighter the piercing will heal. Also mine was tilted to one side when it was flipped up for the first week or so.

Speaking of septum piercings, its been over a month and mine still gets crusties on the jewelry right near the hole. It is quite annoying as I'll be cleaning out my nose and I'll drag them into the hole and then it hurts. It is also still a bit tender when I push on the tip of my nose, is this normal as it was supposed to be fully healed in about a month.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

ackblom12

« Reply #3342 on: 07 Jun 2010, 12:17 »

It's a pretty normal thing. It is mainly to keep it from moving around too much and keep it from getting caught in things during the earliest stages of healing. And yeah, it being a little off in the early times is usually due to swelling. It usually take a week or two before you can tell for certain.

My piercer told me that the more you leave it flipped up during the healing period, the straighter the piercing will heal. Also mine was tilted to one side when it was flipped up for the first week or so.

Speaking of septum piercings, its been over a month and mine still gets crusties on the jewelry right near the hole. It is quite annoying as I'll be cleaning out my nose and I'll drag them into the hole and then it hurts. It is also still a bit tender when I push on the tip of my nose, is this normal as it was supposed to be fully healed in about a month.

I'm not sure how true the first statement is, doesn't make much sense in my book, but I could see it being a convenient statement to make to clients to encourage them to leave it alone. That or he's talking about avoiding irritation and scar tissue buildup which could possibly tilt it.

Having crusties and all a month into a septum piercing is perfectly normal, as is the tenderness. Fully healing within a month rarely happens with even the simplest of piercings. It'll probably be another 2 - 4 months before it's full healed in all honesty.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #3343 on: 07 Jun 2010, 14:52 »

I am still getting crusties in my conch piercing 8 months down the line, but I'm cool with that because picking crusties out feels so good.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #3344 on: 07 Jun 2010, 17:39 »

I had crusties in my conch for almost two years.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3345 on: 07 Jun 2010, 19:48 »

Fuckin' crusties, they just won't go away.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3346 on: 07 Jun 2010, 21:00 »

she might be crusty but she is pretty cute too
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #3347 on: 07 Jun 2010, 21:58 »

I had crusties in my conch for almost two years.

I can't be the only one that thinks that sounds weird.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3348 on: 07 Jun 2010, 21:58 »

Classy.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3349 on: 07 Jun 2010, 23:32 »

oh god

now i just

ugh
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm