THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 07 Jun 2024, 15:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 794575 times)

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #3450 on: 12 Jul 2010, 14:23 »

little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #3451 on: 12 Jul 2010, 14:24 »

Excellent!

Although my favorite tattoo has to be this Morrisey chest piece.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3452 on: 12 Jul 2010, 14:32 »

I BET IT'D BE A REALLY COOL PICTURE IF IT WASN'T ALL JUMBLED UP!
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #3453 on: 12 Jul 2010, 15:01 »

metope, that is gorgeous! i was a little unsure about how it would look when you first mentioned it in this thread, but it turned out absolutely beautifully!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3454 on: 12 Jul 2010, 15:04 »

Kris, that is amazing! That worked out perfectly.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #3455 on: 12 Jul 2010, 16:07 »

kris that's fucking incredible oh man YES
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

scarred

• Older than Moses
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #3457 on: 12 Jul 2010, 22:34 »

Eeee thanks guys! I'm so happy with it, it loks even better than I imagined it would. The artist was really great although when doing the outlines he kept bursting into laughter going "oh my god, why did I agree to do this? You're insane, and I'm never ever tattooing a painting again!", haha. He was incredible though, the way he did the colours and details afterwards was just mindblowing, and all of the other artists in the shop kept coming over to look at it all the time because it was turning out so amazing. I'm going back in a few weeks when it's healed so they can take pics of it, since they wanted it on their new website. Woo!

Also it didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would. It took somewhere between four and five hours, and the most painful part was right at the end when I was really swollen and sore, and he started colouring the part that was on the really thin and sensitive skin almost in my armpit, ouch. I was determined to do it all in one sitting, and I think that because I was expecting it to be horribly painful it turned out to be okay, since everything always turns out to be a little better when you're expecting the worst. The artist told me I handled the pain a lot better than most people (during he kept asking me "are you sure you don't want a break yet?), which was surprising since I always thought I was super wussy. Now I just have to baby it for a couple of weeks, but by the looks of it I'm gonna heal really quick! It didn't bleed much, the swelling went down almost immediately and it's not even remotely red. Right now it just feels like a slight sunburn, which isn't too hard to deal with. I can't wait till it's all healed up and pretty!
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #3458 on: 12 Jul 2010, 23:07 »

I really didn't expect that tattoo to come out so well. There's not many artists I would allow to attempt something like that on me.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #3459 on: 12 Jul 2010, 23:50 »

I am in the process of finalizing the art for my backpiece, and hopefully before the end of the year have the right half totally completed. Bizzare circumstances not-withstanding I am excited to get inked as it has taken me a long time to finally decide, and the back is important to me, representing the bearer's story in the art.

edit- ok i thought i resized it it is big my b.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/shotgunmouse/samuraiiii.jpg

Will be over the right shoulder area, with that similar style of grass spreading straight across to the left, with a large paint stroked red sun in the center of my neck/back. Excited!
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #3460 on: 13 Jul 2010, 01:55 »

Kris, that looks awesome!
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #3461 on: 14 Jul 2010, 04:24 »

Oh man Kris that looks so so so good!  You are tougher than me!  Although I had a similar kind of experience with my first one where it didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought.  My new one seemed to be so much owier!  Stupid new tattoo (which I love).
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3462 on: 14 Jul 2010, 13:12 »

Yeah Kris I hated the initial idea and it is so pretty I have completely changed my mind!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #3463 on: 14 Jul 2010, 15:23 »

It's a really fantastic tattoo, Kris. Good for you.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3464 on: 14 Jul 2010, 15:41 »

Beatmouse that is an awesome idea, Samurai are bad-ass.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #3465 on: 14 Jul 2010, 16:07 »

Every time I open the thread because there's a new reply, I have to scroll back up to check out Kris's tattoo once more, because it is just that rad-looking. I was a skeptic, too, when you mentioned the idea, but yeah. Awesome.

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #3466 on: 17 Jul 2010, 06:45 »

Rad as Kris!

I got another 2 hours of shading done on my side. I nearly cried from the pain. Never ever get your ribs tattooed.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Allybee

« Reply #3467 on: 18 Jul 2010, 18:25 »

sick tat, kris!

piercing question! I went to the piercer to switch my healed nostril piercing from a stud to a screw. the piercing is fairly high-up and so the ring I have in right now isn't snug - it sticks off my nose a bit. I'll show you a picture soon, but opinions? I really am not terribly happy and I want it to fit tighter but I don't know if that's possible/healthy. I can't tell if it looks stupid this way. my parents are gonna throw a fit when they get home but that's not really the issue. I was gonna get the same nostril pierced again but now I'm not sure if I like the way that the ring fits at all so there may not be a point :(
radical dame

ackblom12

« Reply #3468 on: 18 Jul 2010, 18:34 »

You should be able to. What you'll probably need is to get someone to bend a ring into more of an oval shape for you. It's a fairly simple process and only really requires a set of pliers with rubber tipped ends, but it requires a good eye to get it done right.

Allybee

« Reply #3469 on: 18 Jul 2010, 18:36 »

woah for some reason I forgot I could bend it... could I ask a piercer to? hm
radical dame

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3470 on: 18 Jul 2010, 18:37 »

Any piercer should be able to do it. It only takes a minute, if that.

Allybee

« Reply #3471 on: 18 Jul 2010, 18:40 »

now I feel so dumb for not saying something today. hopefully I'll have time to get it fixed before I go back to my piercing-shop-less island tomorrow night!
radical dame

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3472 on: 18 Jul 2010, 18:41 »

You should be able to just walk in and ask someone to adjust it really quick. Tell them you were in and it's not sitting right and they'll do it.

Aurjay

« Reply #3473 on: 24 Jul 2010, 01:18 »

so excited i finally get to have more work done on my tattoo tomorrow. Might add some color this time but think he is just going to finish shading and giving it depth. picture will be posted tomorrow afterwards.

PS. my GF finally got her 1st tattoo. Its a crown and down and i think it turned out really well. She is the one on the left
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #3474 on: 24 Jul 2010, 16:53 »

I am thinking about getting a pretty pinup tattoo of a bearded lady to go alongside my slaughtered swallow.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Aurjay

« Reply #3475 on: 25 Jul 2010, 01:30 »

still have 1 more session left where he is going to add color. this was just adding more shading and layers to it so the colors will stand out better
Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #3476 on: 26 Jul 2010, 21:16 »

guys im at 4g now! hooray!
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #3477 on: 26 Jul 2010, 23:43 »

God damn I've been wearing flared plugs for a while that were significantly smaller on the inner part than the outer part so now that I want to upsize I think I've actually down-sized, fuck.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3478 on: 27 Jul 2010, 09:11 »

I have been seriously thinking about stretching and which do you think is better, spirals or tapers? (I don't want to use tape.) Also is one material better than another? I'm at a 10g right now and I'm thinking of trying to get up to a 6g before I decide if I want to stop there or keep going.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3479 on: 29 Jul 2010, 15:20 »

I have some very interesting photos for you guys
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

ackblom12

« Reply #3480 on: 29 Jul 2010, 18:08 »

I have been seriously thinking about stretching and which do you think is better, spirals or tapers? (I don't want to use tape.) Also is one material better than another? I'm at a 10g right now and I'm thinking of trying to get up to a 6g before I decide if I want to stop there or keep going.

For stretching, Titanium/steel or glass is the best material. You shouldn't use anything porous such as Acrylic, wood or stone until the stretch is well settled. Usually just takes a few days (or if it naturally stretched to the next size, immediately) for them to be ready for porous material.

I personally would suggest a taper at your size. Tape really isn't even necessary till you get to 4g or so anyways and tapers up to a certain point are usually much more uniformly tapered than spirals are. Just oil the taper and give yourself as much time as you need to ease it through that night/day. Mind you, this doesn't mean wear the taper as jewelry for multiple days, don't do that.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3481 on: 30 Jul 2010, 05:53 »

Dovey! You should show them to us. :D

Thanks, Steve!
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2010, 05:23 by Linds »

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #3482 on: 30 Jul 2010, 20:53 »

i probably won't stretch my ears much bigger after all, but i am starting to really seriously itch for something new and interesting to put in my ears. i own and wear every day a pair of labradorite stone single-fiared plugs which, although they are nice, i have had as my only jewellry (due to repeatedly downsizing and upsizing and not wanting to constantly spend money) for over two years now. it's starting to get really boring. onetribe has some really beautiful wooden and stone plugs and i'm not too familiar with how practical wooden plugs are as something to wear every day without attracting too much attention but i am strongly considering a single flared pair like these (or something similar) -

i'm also still trying to look somewhat "normal" in order to not have too many difficulties finding employment and etc so if anyone has experience with wooden plugs, at 2g (or 0g, depends on if i decide to upsize a bit), would this look fairly inconspicuous in my earlobes, or be really noticeable and obvious? unless someone is standing really super close to me, right now the labradorite ones pass off as regular earrings pretty easily but i just don't know how weird wood is going to look in there. i guess in hindsight this question might be more appropriate for the fashion advice thread than the piercing and tattoo thread but i already typed up this thing and i don't really feel like copying and pasting at this point and also everyone knows this thread is cooler than that thread anyway
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2010, 20:57 by tania »
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3483 on: 01 Aug 2010, 10:24 »

I don't think it'll be any more conspicuous than your other ones. I think the only ones that are really obvious anymore are the ones that are practically see though or hollow (earskins?). I think you should get those because are really nice!

I think I'm going to buy a taper and new glass single flares sometime this week. There's several plugs I really want to buy when I get to 6g, but I'm going to wait until I'm there, except for another pair of blue tiger's eye in 6g. Apparently they are pretty much sold out of those and I really like wearing the ones I have now, so I know I'll miss them.

tinysmidgen

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #3484 on: 01 Aug 2010, 19:34 »

So, last year I talked about a couple of the tattoos I wanted, and then migrated away from the forums to busy my self in more lucrative ventures. Finally, unfortunately, I've returned, with ink to share.

Edit: Pictures instead of links :)

:-D
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2010, 19:35 by tinysmidgen »
A raptor with a sword should never be trusted, even if the raptor doesn't have thumbs.

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #3485 on: 02 Aug 2010, 21:10 »

i'm also still trying to look somewhat "normal" in order to not have too many difficulties finding employment and etc so if anyone has experience with wooden plugs, at 2g (or 0g, depends on if i decide to upsize a bit), would this look fairly inconspicuous in my earlobes, or be really noticeable and obvious? unless someone is standing really super close to me, right now the labradorite ones pass off as regular earrings pretty easily but i just don't know how weird wood is going to look in there.
I didn't have wood plugs at that size, but I think a darker wood like the one you showed as an example looked fine.  I actually found people didn't notice my ears much until I started wearing tunnels and clear plugs. 

On the topic of new jewelry: My ears are 1/2 inch now and I am staying here for a while.  I don't want to get any bigger, but I know these things change.  This means I can finally start buying pretty things.  I bought these plugs from my piercer a few weeks ago; they are my new favorite.  They are oval, opalite, single flare and the are faceted on the front and the back.  They were a test set and the company decided not to produce them so, as far as I know, they are they only pair like this that exist. 

[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3486 on: 03 Aug 2010, 05:36 »

Those are pretty! And that's really cool that they're unique.

I ordered stuff from BAF to stretch my ears! I got lime green glass plugs, one of the last two pairs of the 6g tiger's eye (for after I stretch to 6g and heal), and two tapers, one of which was free. So yay! As soon as they arrive, I'm going to get started.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3487 on: 03 Aug 2010, 15:08 »

Well I was slow to the punch so most of you have seen the finished product already in the photo thread but

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3488 on: 03 Aug 2010, 15:30 »

WOOOOOO!!!!!

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3489 on: 03 Aug 2010, 16:51 »

Oh for the record what you are seeing there is a 6g piercing which was then tapered up to a 4g and it was done 6 days ago at Addiction Tattoo+Piercing in St. Mark's, New York City. It hurt less than I thought it would (always does with these things) but all the crusties are driving me crazy and I'm basically incapable of sleeping on my back so I keep rolling onto my side and knocking them about. Woke up with blood on my pillowcase this morning  :-c

Also can't wait to get rid of the captive ball jewelery that they put in and get some plugs.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3490 on: 03 Aug 2010, 17:04 »

Yeah, I don't like the jewellery that you have in now, going by the photos in the photo thread, but plugs should look good.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

sean

• welp
« Reply #3491 on: 03 Aug 2010, 19:13 »

yeah why the hell did they put in those ring things? when i got pierced i just had plugs put in (though they were really ugly). also, pierced at 6g? damn the highest my piercer would to is 10g.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3492 on: 03 Aug 2010, 19:19 »

but plugs should look good.

Hardy har har har haaaaawwwwwww
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3493 on: 03 Aug 2010, 19:42 »

Yeah, the highest my piercer said she felt comfortable doing was 8g. I requested glass plugs, though, so I'm not sure what I would have gotten otherwise, but I would get plugs when you can. (Which I guess probably won't be until you're healed properly.)

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3494 on: 03 Aug 2010, 19:47 »

Yeah I have to wait until they're healed. Thinking about either black onyx plugs or some kind of dark brown wood. I like tunnels but probably not at this small.

yeah why the hell did they put in those ring things?

The piercer gave me a few reasons, all I can remember now is that she said it would be beneficial for future stretches having heavier jewelery in for a while. The main problem I have with them is that I can't take them out without special tools so it's a bit of a bitch trying to clean them thoroughly and I can't let them rest.

sean

• welp
« Reply #3495 on: 03 Aug 2010, 19:53 »

wait you need to take them out to clean the piercing?

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3496 on: 03 Aug 2010, 19:59 »

Don't have to, but I could be more thorough if I could.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3497 on: 03 Aug 2010, 21:09 »

Noooooo you don't want to do that. Sea salt soaks are what's best. Soaking them gets most to all of the crusties off and helps the healing process. Turning your hoops or taking them out can slow down the healing process and/or cause irritation or infection. If you want them to look less yucky, after you soak them, take a wet q-tip and gently nudge the crusties off while they're still wet.

ackblom12

« Reply #3498 on: 03 Aug 2010, 21:20 »

I would actually recommend not taking them out for cleaning. All it'll do is irritate the would and prolong the healing and cause even more lymphing. Worst case, the piercing will close enough that you have to force the jewelry in to keep it open. It just kind of turns into a nasty cycle.

Best thing to do is just soak them with the sea salt mix (Make it as warm as you can comfortably stand) and then just shower immediately after if you can. The shower will both rinse off the salt water left on your ear and usually will get all the gooey soft crusties that are left. If not, then you can use the cotton swabs to get the rest, with or without the shower.

I would recommend not using the anti septic wash for a few days and just do soaks to see how your ears handle it. While anti septic obviously won't cause any harm infection wise, it is an irritant that kills both good and bad bacteria in the wound and generally will do little to no good while possibly increasing the healing period. It may also have no negative affect whatsoever, everybody's body works differently with stuff like this. If you have any issues with the ears that you think the antiseptic might be needed for, that's fine, but I would generally just follow the LITHA (Leave it the Hell Alone) method and let your body do it's job.

Edit - Linds is a psychic.
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2010, 19:28 by ackblom12 »

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #3499 on: 03 Aug 2010, 21:40 »

Oh for the record what you are seeing there is a 6g piercing which was then tapered up to a 4g and it was done 6 days ago at Addiction Tattoo+Piercing in St. Mark's, New York City.

hey i'm pretty sure that's where i went to get my rook when i was in nyc last year! crazy! the guy who pierced me was super nice, it was probably the best experience i've had getting pierced. your ears look rad, but i agree will look better with plugs. woo!
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 97   Go Up