THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: AusCon-2009 is much more serious business / Rizzo thinks you're ok.  (Read 65881 times)

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L

Ali, please change the host from "QC" to something else.  This isn't an official QC thing, it's a bunch of forum people getting together.

fatty

• FIGHT YOU

I changed it to gabbly? or is that still too official. Confirm your attendence and i can make you admin!

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat

Now guys, don't forget, this shit is much more serious than that crappy Troncon thing. This one has Wombats and Kangroos*.

*Wombats and kangaroos are based upon individual participants needs/wants/desires/requirements.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

That wombat looks like a bulldog!  Bizarre.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

That'd be a hairy-nosed wombat of one species or another. They're funny-lookin'.

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat

I wish I could believe you Tommy, I really do. You know just as well as I do that the top "animal" is in fact Est and the other is none other than Joseph Hocking...
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Well, it does look like Joe but he was super lame and didn't go to Toronto. So no dice there.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Hey Sydneysiders, while I got you all here, does anyone have a couch I can crash on maybe a night or two while I look for a new job in Sydney?

normz

ok guys i am so in on this too.... a flight from sydney to brissie is a piece of cake, if i play it right i may even be able to write it all off as a work expense .... late january or early feb would be preferable but im pretty flexible with dates

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down

OKAY.

HOW IS THE WEEKEND OF THE 20TH OF FEBRUARY FOR EVERYONE.

If it is a problem for you Normz let me know, I am mostly basing the fact that I can't make it earlier than the 13th on the fact that it will probably clash with my exams for Summer Semester. And people pointed out  quite rightly that having it on the Valentines Day weekend might cause problems for those of us who are getting laid.

Any later and we are getting into Semester 1 territory, so I thought this date was optimal, but I want to get a consensus before I go booking flights, and I want to book as early as possible because it will be cheaper and I am poor.

P.S. I don't know what I'm doing for accomodation but I will probably figure it out.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

20th of february is pretty ok for me. The week before would probably be better. It's the start of the first week of semester but that is cool; I've done this semester before.

So this means I need to ask myself if I trust qantas to throw a plane between perth and sydney on two days of my choosing?
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2008, 02:39 by McTaggart »
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

Brett, that sounds rad enough to me!  Wooo plans!  I can't wait.
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza

Admittedly I'm not organized enough to know things like when uni semesters start, but what the hell, sounds good to me.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr

It's my sister's birthday that weekend, but we'll figure something out and we can do something earlier in the week. Sounds sweet to me.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

fatty

• FIGHT YOU

Brett, that weekend sounds fantastic. Good spotting on valentines.

Why don't we throw out the meetups for a 4-day period, say from Thursday 19th to Sunday 22th of Feb, depending on when out-of-towners will be arriving and leaving. Everybody go organise themselves and then post times for hang outs.
So exciting!

P.S. Everyone go here http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=19744223378

The extra letter

• The German Chancellory building

This sounds totally rad in a totally rad kind of way. I will most definitely be attending at least one day.
Hush, may I ask you all for silence? The dreamer is still asleep.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

I will probably be arriving on Friday morning and flying out early on Monday morning so that I can have a full Sunday. Jodie and I have discussed catching the same flight so we are not trapped and alone in an unfamiliar city, but if anything is going on Thursday I might think about coming down earlier!

I suppose it is way too early to start planning actual events, but I was thinking we should have a picnic or something on the Sunday. Anyone else have any suggestions for shit we can do? I think we should definately organize a night to go out drinking, but I'd like to know what everyone else thinks of that. Maybe not everyone coming is a piss wreck! In any case Dovey and I will probably be doing some sort of drinking but we can probably do it at 1am when normal people have gone to bed.

P.S. Who wants to come clubbing with Dovey and I because we want to show the internet how we cut up on the dance floor.

« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2008, 01:20 by Hat »

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

Brett, I will go whenenever you go.  It is not a big deal, I can just get the days off!  We can sit together on the plane and everything.  It will be sooo romantic. Well until we get there and I claim Dovey spoons.
Also, I can't wait to go out clubbing with you guys.  Count me in.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

I will chaperone you into the waiting cavity of Doveys spoon technique.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

I endorse this.

I am not sure if I will be drinking again by February but I would like to mention I am pretty susceptible to even small amounts of peer pressure.

I will probably do the thing that the above people say. Friday night to Monday morning.

Picnics? Fuck yes
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

So are all you guys crashing with me and Jimmy or what?

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz

Clubbing with Brett will be a great time if it is anything like his video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a1lJ8CqjXA
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

So are all you guys crashing with me and Jimmy or what?

If you do have floor space and some kind of thin mattress, and don't mind a third person from the internet cramming into your apartment, I am down, since apparently you guys live close to the airport, and it will be convenient if I am flying down with Jodie, but if you are worried about overcrowding issues I can sort out something else.

PS Hannah you haven't commented on my video yet

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows

So does this mean that there will be no Chicagocon? That is thoroughly depressing.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

No, Chicagocon is still going to happen. But the Australians can't afford to fly over here to join us so they just do their own thing down under.

If you know what I mean.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Our thing is so much better than your thing.
Also Brett, we have a small house (I do not know why people keep saying apartment) so there is floorspace for all! Should you want it. We will have a sofa bed and a futon but I think Dovey and Jodie bagsied those? I also think there might be a Dski somewhere in there but we will see how that turns out.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz

Brett, I need an account to comment and I was too lazy to make one. I am showing everyone it instead; spreadin' the love around.
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Basically Lunchy's house is getting turned into an internet version of Friends.

SHOTGUN RACHEL

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

SHOTGUN SHOOTING MYSELF IN THE HEAD WITH A SHOTGUN

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

This is going to be the most fun ever.

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat

I'm getting back to Auckland from Japan on the 22nd. I may still be able to make it on Monday or something? It depends on finance and such like.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

I am willing to extend it a couple of days in either direction if it increases the volume of hangouts, so I can probably organize to do Friday-Tuesday if that is ok with our generous hosts

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

EDIT: Dang, I misread tommy's post.

Anyhow, I'll still hang about for a few days if others are, as previously stated, I'm pretty suggestible.

wink.
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2008, 19:04 by David_Dovey »

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Dudes Rizzo is the most awesome person ever. You should do whatever you can to meet up with him.

Whatever you can.

Also hey Brett! If you are willing to couch-surf for however long, Jimmy and I are willing to provide the couch.

fatty

• FIGHT YOU

Rizzo. It was Rizzo's idea!

He started this thread!

We had this idea before this thread was started, I believe.

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat

Indeed, I have no intention of laying claim to this event. I just publicised it.

Looks like it's gonna cost me a minimum of $500 to get there. Can't confirm yet but I'd imagine depending on work that I can do that.
Getting back from Japan the day before may make this somewhat brutal. Jetlagged etc etc.
« Last Edit: 09 Sep 2008, 17:53 by Rizzo »

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Hey guys, I'm down with pretty much any date, on account of the whole living in Sydney thing. This will be good!

I suppose it is way too early to start planning actual events, but I was thinking we should have a picnic or something on the Sunday. Anyone else have any suggestions for shit we can do? I think we should definately organize a night to go out drinking, but I'd like to know what everyone else thinks of that. Maybe not everyone coming is a piss wreck! In any case Dovey and I will probably be doing some sort of drinking but we can probably do it at 1am when normal people have gone to bed.

P.S. Who wants to come clubbing with Dovey and I because we want to show the internet how we cut up on the dance floor.

I'm up for drinking and/or clubbing!

Also picnics.

Also maybe going out to dinner one night?  There's plenty of cheap awesome food around the place if price is an issue with people. Also less cheap more awesome food as well.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr

um, so, hey! I'm not Australian even a little, but while y'all are here..  A friend of mine moved to Cairns a month ago, but now he's trying to get himself to Arlie Beach. (He's a sailor and looking for work.) I don't suppose anybody's got any brilliant advice for him? Some secret express Chinatown bus? Thank you for the advice, then please continue.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Cairns is pretty dang far away from most of us, sorry Rosie!

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn

When i was hanging out in Airlie Beach, i did notice that it is a regular stop for the Greyhound bus? Also, for a joblike thing, he could ask around at Sailing Whitsundays to see if they need any deckhands?
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr

Yeah that's the kind of thing he wants to do.. he just has to get there first. And yes, I've discovered that Australia is WAY bigger than I thought it was, I think because the major cities they put on maps are much further apart than I'm used to seeing. But ok, just thought I'd ask since y'all are at least a little closer to Cairns than I am. Apparently he's talking about renting a van with some German chicks to drive down in, which sounds way sketchy to me, but he claims it's perfectly normal..
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

fatty

• FIGHT YOU

aerohaelis

Heya pplz, Actually only found QC yesterday, and I read through the entire comic before coming here tonight, just saying hi.
  All the best and hopefully I stay on here long enough to be able to go clubbing with you guys, sounds great.

All the best,
                 Rio

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
    • Pete Strong - Writer & Artist

Did someone say....clubbing?

:mrgreen:
What thou lovest well remains,
the rest is dross.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

DANCE FLOOR TEAM ASSEMBLE

LISTEN UP YOU MAGGOTS

TONIGHT YOU ARE GOING TO DO THE NUTBUSH

FOR FIFTEEN HOURS

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

I have many questions about this.
So, the hotels in Austrailialand might not be as cheap as like Boston or Chicagoland. I may not be able to get a hotel room. Could I crash with someone there if I can make it?

Also, and this is important: at what age can you start drinking in Austrailialand, I want to be able to get into the clubs and stuff but I'll just be a wee 19 year old.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

I would also just like to go to Austrailia sometime. I've never even been out of the United States. I plan to visit mexico at the bottom of my list of countries to go to. Mostly because I live in Arizona, and its like a 6 hour drive there and I've never went. I think there'd be some awesome irony to it all if I didn't go to the place closest first.

Austrailians! I wanna hang out with you because every Aussie I've ever known is really cool (I've known one, but she was so freaking cool!)

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz

Hotels in Sydney vary in price depending on the area and the quality, as with everywhere. Plus there are hostels around, as mentioned earlier in the thread, which are generally pretty cheap and at least contain a bed of some sort. The drinking age here is 18.

Tommy really is right, though. The only reason we have a semblance of a date for this thing is because Brett bought plane tickets and set the date. Seeing as most of the Aussies here live in Sydney and the meetup is there, they're pretty disorganised as to what is going on, so I doubt anyone could give you a soid answer on questions about details. And any details one person gives you probably will be contradicted by someone else. Plus, in general we're pretty lazy, so things will get organised quickly closer towards the date. I know most people don't know what they're doing next week, let alone in February.
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Well, like I said, I'd be content just going and hanging out with people. AND GETTING DRUNK OFF MY ASS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVAR. Maybe. I actually didn't pack my bags for a trip until like 3 hours before I was supposed to leave. I didn't start the laundry for that packing until like 2 hours before that. I'm lazy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up