THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 00:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 649501 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #2500 on: 07 Dec 2010, 06:23 »

The first 5 levels of the Worgen are interesting. I'll have to play more later after my finals and whatnot.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #2501 on: 07 Dec 2010, 15:52 »

so it took just over 14 hours for the first person on my server to hit 85. I considered trying to quest but when I jumped on the boat to Vash'ir the sheer number of people meant that my computer had heart failure - so I gave it up as a bad job and choose instead to level Archaeology - so far I'm at 250 skill and have gotten a raptor skeleton mini pet and am working on a clockwork gnome pet.

its a weird proffession though, on one hand to avoid immusureable bordom you're praying for a rare artifact (one that actually has a use, rather than a 5s vendor trash) but because rares take about 3 times as much work as a common, but give the same skill ups, if you're actually trying to level it up you want the boring common items.

Other fun things, while I was playing, at one stage I lost the ability to directly attack mobs (luckily I was in old world working on archaeology so I could kill most things with arcane explosion) and then later I lost the ability to fly - I could still get on any of my flying mounts but they couldn't take off - the first was solved by closing wow so I'm hoping the same will fix the latter problem.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

ackblom12

« Reply #2502 on: 07 Dec 2010, 15:59 »

Alright, got my Authenticator in the mail today and got all my Account Reactivation form emailed and hopefully will be playing soon.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #2503 on: 07 Dec 2010, 16:49 »

Dammit I really have a ton of other games I should be playing first instead of spending money to divide my attention but I really want to upgrade and resubscribe nowwww

If there was a forum guild, I consider giving this whole thing a go.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2504 on: 07 Dec 2010, 16:57 »

The 85 in 14 hours thing kills me. Honestly, I'm just happy that I've made 83 while still keeping pretty normal hours.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2505 on: 07 Dec 2010, 17:30 »

If there was a forum guild, I consider giving this whole thing a go.

if you happen to have an alliance character on Elune, you can join my guild!

Like, really. I am the GM. I will let you in!

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #2506 on: 08 Dec 2010, 05:36 »

WORGEN DRUIDS HAVE THE MOST AWESOME LOOKING CAT FORM OMG

:mrgreen:

« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2010, 05:41 by Gemmwah »
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2507 on: 08 Dec 2010, 06:57 »

Kitty-wolf!

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #2508 on: 08 Dec 2010, 10:25 »

Yeah, but

Trolls look cooler.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #2509 on: 08 Dec 2010, 10:43 »

pshooooooo no worgen's better

ackblom12

« Reply #2510 on: 08 Dec 2010, 22:48 »

Ok, started back up, completely lost and ended up wandering and sorting things before spending a few minutes killing dudes.

Funny thing is whoever hacked my account leveled my main the last 15 or 16 levels up to 80 and did this without updating any of his equipment. Gotta replace his shitty shitty equipment and oh god this game has changed so much.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2511 on: 09 Dec 2010, 11:24 »

Though I'm really loving the worgen model (especially when you /transform), the trolls really do get the best cat model but only because of the colors and stripes. The other cat forms are all in the same color range, so the trolls really stick out.

clockworkjames

• Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #2512 on: 09 Dec 2010, 12:38 »

Got to 85 but I took my time about it, I didn't play at all on wed cuz my dog got put down but 85 is kinda feeling lame till s9 starts on Tuesday.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2513 on: 09 Dec 2010, 14:50 »

The quest in Hyjal where you chuck bear cubs out of a tree and on to a trampoline is hilarious. And then you get an achievement if you bounce on the trampoline, which I did not know until after I'd already been bouncing on it for fun.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2514 on: 09 Dec 2010, 21:38 »

It's official, I still hate Blackrock Mountain.

Also definitely tired of tanks ditching instances because they forgot how to pay attention. I am seriously considering switching to feral, but I don't want to drop balance and if I drop resto, we won't have many healers in the guild. (Leveling as a healing class is teh dumb, anyways.) I don't know what to doooooo.

We just need more people in my guild. Steve joined!

ackblom12

« Reply #2515 on: 09 Dec 2010, 21:54 »

Yes I did! If I manage to hit lvl 85 I'll even respec to holy.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #2516 on: 10 Dec 2010, 00:15 »

If I ever level up my shaman I'll make sure to duel spec healer/enhance.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2517 on: 10 Dec 2010, 14:30 »

Got to 85 but I took my time about it, I didn't play at all on wed cuz my dog got put down but 85 is kinda feeling lame till s9 starts on Tuesday.

Yeah, I hit 85 on Wednesday but haven't done heroics yet, although I'm now eligible. Life is a bit interesting again since CC is handy to have even if it is not strictly necessary. This means I get treated like royalty a lot of the time since I'm aggressive with applying Sap and it's actually very user friendly these days since you can reapply it at will provided you haven't initiated combat yet. I often hit sprint and scoot ahead to start sapping things before everyone else even gets there. On the other hand, I also have people getting all pissy at me because they set up the CC icons themselves and apparently expect me to Sap elementals.  :roll:
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2010, 14:33 by Alex C »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2518 on: 10 Dec 2010, 20:47 »

Well, getting to 85 doesn't make players less stupid. Which is too bad.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2519 on: 11 Dec 2010, 15:56 »

I love when people try talking religion on trade chat. I wonder if even Glenn Beck could take my wow server in a non-sensical bullshit competition.

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #2520 on: 11 Dec 2010, 18:12 »

I've been playing for a long, long time, and I've done every tier of content besides original naxx, but current heroics are too goddamn hard.
All About Strange Beasts of the Present

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2521 on: 11 Dec 2010, 18:42 »

Yeah, I'm enjoying them, but only when my guildies are online. Whenever they aren't logged on heroics are an exercise in futility and nerd rage. And even with my guild groups Karsh Steelbreaker seriously wrecked our shit today. It's not even a particularly complicated fight, he's just like "HEY GUISE! I HOPE YOU LIKE DAMAGE."

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2522 on: 11 Dec 2010, 19:21 »

Okay, after double checking some things I think our healer was just being an idiot on him and we were being too ambitious about using the li'l adds. I guess Karsh isn't all that bad.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2523 on: 11 Dec 2010, 22:03 »

Any other guild masters or officers out there who are in a guild that has set ranks to require an authenticator? Because I am having problems now that I've done this and I want to know if others are too.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #2524 on: 11 Dec 2010, 22:08 »

I'm interested to know, does the free authenticator thingy through your phone count as an authenticator to that?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2525 on: 12 Dec 2010, 07:54 »

It should, but I'm having equal problems with both.

Basically what happened was I wanted to change all the ranks in my guild except the lowest one to require an authenticator. (Mostly this is to prevent bank theft.) My guild is relatively small, and minus a few I invited from here , all of them are meat life friends. I know all of them have authenticators, which is why I was ok with doing that. But now, I can't promote about half the characters in the guild. I can't even promote one of my own alts or I can promote one character of a person but not the rest of their alts. This is very annoying! Has anyone else had this problem? I tried to open a ticket yesterday and before anyone even helped me, a survey popped up and then my ticket disappeared. I'm trying again today, but still, that's stupid.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #2526 on: 12 Dec 2010, 10:47 »

Okay, well, I've been really hesitant to put an authenticator on my account for a couple reasons, but since the phone one is free, I might as well. The number one complaint I had is that the other authenticator costs like 10 bucks for extra protection from having the same exact thing being used against me (like what happened when I got keylogged and lost my account to someone in Beijing who then put an authenticator on my account), and I feel like it'll be slightly annoying to have to call a service every time I want to log in, but fuck, its free.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2527 on: 12 Dec 2010, 11:03 »

There are more pros to having one than not. But, it's free so why not. Just don't ever accidentally remove it from your phone, lol.

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #2528 on: 12 Dec 2010, 18:06 »

(Fanboys is updating again.)
http://www.fanboys-online.com/
« Last Edit: 12 Dec 2010, 18:08 by Caleb »

imagist42

• more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #2529 on: 12 Dec 2010, 19:25 »

Accurate.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2530 on: 12 Dec 2010, 20:53 »

I haven't had a quest that involves killing boars yet in Cata. In Elwyn and Westfall, boars, wolves, and bears (oh my) were slain, though.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2531 on: 13 Dec 2010, 03:56 »

The number one complaint I had is that the other authenticator costs like 10 bucks for extra protection from having the same exact thing being used against me (like what happened when I got keylogged and lost my account to someone in Beijing who then put an authenticator on my account)

I won't use it because it can be used against me? It can only be used against you if you don't use it. Absurd logic is absurd, anyone without an authenticator should expect to have all their stuff stolen because chances are it is going to happen to you.

Doing hc's for a hc 2h wep but it's not going too good, not seen one drop and I am running SFK/DM/ToT daily because they all drop a 2h I want!

tank gear is looking okay thought, at least it will when I rep grind Ramkahen (7840/21000) for the epic bracers to replace my ICC25 hc ones and get 2 more transmutes to craft my epic shield!

bleh.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #2532 on: 13 Dec 2010, 06:22 »

i spent yesterday running cata 80 quests and hc5mans and this new hear is bossssssss

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #2533 on: 13 Dec 2010, 08:30 »

The number one complaint I had is that the other authenticator costs like 10 bucks for extra protection from having the same exact thing being used against me (like what happened when I got keylogged and lost my account to someone in Beijing who then put an authenticator on my account)
I won't use it because it can be used against me? It can only be used against you if you don't use it. Absurd logic is absurd, anyone without an authenticator should expect to have all their stuff stolen because chances are it is going to happen to you.

If this is the case then they should include the authenticator with new copies of the game. Charging for an extra amount of protection like that just seems a bit, mafioso. Am I really the only one who gets bad vibes from this? Maybe its just because I think that it is absurd that an online game like this can have real world consequences in the forms of theft and such. And anyway, this is why I just signed up for the free one, which in my opinion should have been an available option from the start, rather than charging people who already pay a monthly fee another fee.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2534 on: 13 Dec 2010, 11:43 »

Yes, but $10 get you protection, a keychain, and an in-game pet. Also you don't run the risk of accidentally deleting your authenticator off of your phone. (Two of my friends have done this now with Droid updates or something.) So you have the option of the free one for your phone or the keychain you pay for. I would rather pay the $10 than get another keylogger that locks me out of my email and potentially does more than steal my account.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2535 on: 13 Dec 2010, 12:01 »

See, I'm just not feeling the mafiosi thing since it's not like Blizz is threatening your account nor does someone putting an authenticator on an account really make it unduly difficult to reclaim it. My account was compromised when I didn't have an authenticator and one was used against me but ultimately I still got all my issues sorted out within a week which is pretty well in line with the cases I'm aware of in which an account was compromised but no authenticator was used by the perpetrator. It really appears that the biggest factor in determining the speed of the process is sheer numbers-- accounts tend to get compromised in waves due to the windows of opportunity created by the tug of war between malware creators and countermeasure providers.

clockworkjames

« Reply #2536 on: 13 Dec 2010, 23:40 »

It costs blizz money to make authenticators, blizzard is a company, companies are made to make money, giving it away free would result in a loss of money, why lose money when you can make money?

You need to see it from their point of view, it's like people who complain about how they pay £8 a month to play a game and they don't like something about it. You are not paying blizzard to make the game you want to play, you are paying blizzard to be allowed to play THEIR game. WoW seems to attract alot of people with an unwarranted sense of self entitlement and the logic about it is never sound.

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #2537 on: 14 Dec 2010, 01:38 »

Anyone else just decided that Cata was the last straw and stopped playing?

Because I've been looking over some of the stuff and just getting so terminally bored with WoW, I can't be bothered to kill 18 boars to pick up their arses. That and the fact that I can't be bothered with the whole "storyline" of the cataclysm. I am actually sure that 12 year olds could come up with better and more engrossing storylines than what blizzard is putting out atm.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

McTaggart

• Positive feedback.
« Reply #2538 on: 14 Dec 2010, 02:31 »

On the other hand all I've read about Cataclysm has made me interested in Wow for pretty much the first time. I'm actually downloading the client right now.

The fact that I've been waiting about seven hours to get a reply to a petition I made in Warhammer Online might have motivated this a little.

One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Cire27

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • Kill You With Folk
    • last.fm
« Reply #2539 on: 14 Dec 2010, 02:39 »

Josef you are saying the opposite of what everyone else is saying at the moment so I am thinking that it might be you?  Have you actually played/leveled since Cataclysm came out?
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.

Josefbugman

« Reply #2540 on: 14 Dec 2010, 05:30 »

Nope, I stopped prior to it. Mainly because I had stopped playing for a couple of months and have just realised I found Wrath unsatisying as an experience. I mean I am sure it was cool, but I can never be bothered to download all the additionals you need to raid and rapidly got bored of all the various dailies. It seemed like I was acquiring gear, weapons and pets for no other reason than "they were there" and I just didn't think it was worth my time.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

imagist42

• more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #2541 on: 14 Dec 2010, 06:15 »

It costs blizz money to make authenticators, blizzard is a company, companies are made to make money, giving it away free would result in a loss of money, why lose money when you can make money?

You need to see it from their point of view, it's like people who complain about how they pay £8 a month to play a game and they don't like something about it. You are not paying blizzard to make the game you want to play, you are paying blizzard to be allowed to play THEIR game. WoW seems to attract alot of people with an unwarranted sense of self entitlement and the logic about it is never sound.

I can kind of see what they're saying, though. You are paying Blizzard to play their game, right? So shouldn't that cost include the ability to continue playing their game, no matter what? I.e., the tools to prevent your account from being stolen out from under your feet? This is kind of a moot point with the free phone application, but then again there may be people who (gasp) don't have cell phones. At least not ones that will actually accept that software. I'm really not sure how the logistics would work out, but perhaps there should be more free options to serve this function than "here, have a piece of code that, if you accidentally remove by updating your phone, will be a pain in the ass to work around."
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #2542 on: 14 Dec 2010, 09:39 »

Jesus I swear I'm not trying to act like a self-entitled prick, Christ. At least I'm not like pirating the game and playing it on one of those free servers that are incredibly easy to find. And really just the thing that i was complaining about is that the free version wasn't available from the start, only the 10 dollar keychain, and now that its free I'm of course using it, I just feel like they're already charging 15 dollars a month per person, I just sort of feel like as much security as they can manage at a cost effective solution for playing their program should've been part of that from the start, which is the dial-in authenticator now.

Part of this is that I'm being grumbly because of the amount of ways they just want people to pay. 15 dollars a month for access, 40 dollars per expansion pack, numerous optional services for transferring characters, changing names/factions etc., which yes I realize are entirely optional but these are hardly micro-transactions, 25 bucks per character move for instance. That all is fine, i just feel like account security shouldn't be an optional paid service like changing your orc to a goblin.

I realize that they are a business, but businesses also run off of things like customer service, which I suppose you could argue that Blizzard is large enough and has enough players to make one person's complaint meaningless, but I mean, I work for a large, soulless, retail company that sells video games and they actually do try and come up with better ways for taking care of the customer that we don't charge extra for, for instance recent improvements to tracking customers information in case of lost receipts, better ways for tracking individual employee customer experience ratings, improvements to our loyalty program (which for the most part are actual improvements).

And obviously Blizzard is doing this too, since there is now a free version of extra account security an option, which I was never complaining about. What I was complaining about was before, when you're only option was to pay an extra 10 dollars on top of what your were already paying to the service. Now that they have the free service they obviously saw it as something they could implement cheaply and effectively, and I respect as a company for doing it. But up until this point I just opted out of paying the extra money as a discerning customer, which was my choice.

Also Linds the phone I have is just a normal cell phone, not a smart phone, so at least i don't have to worry about an update deleting my information, its just the dial-in authenticator.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2543 on: 14 Dec 2010, 10:00 »

I didn't think you had an entitlement issue, really. I just wanted to splash a li'l water on the "Authenticators are being used against us!" rhetoric that's getting pretty common in some quarters even if it isn't entirely fair.

cyro

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Lurking in your dreams.
« Reply #2544 on: 15 Dec 2010, 03:36 »

Anyone else just decided that Cata was the last straw and stopped playing?

Because I've been looking over some of the stuff and just getting so terminally bored with WoW, I can't be bothered to kill 18 boars to pick up their arses. That and the fact that I can't be bothered with the whole "storyline" of the cataclysm. I am actually sure that 12 year olds could come up with better and more engrossing storylines than what blizzard is putting out atm.

Actually, I found most of the Cata stuff quite fun. That said Uldum is nothing but injokes, popculture references and lolnazis! (Some of which is actually kinda funny, they have a Katamari level with a giant fireball picking up Gnomes.)

So... yeah.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2545 on: 15 Dec 2010, 07:52 »

I'm having quite a bit of fun with Cata. Even the revamps of the lower level zones are much, MUCH better. I am getting a kick out of having zones dedicated to adventures involving things like CSI: Miami (Westfall), Rambo (Redridge Mtns), Plants vs. Zombies (Hillsbrad) and Indiana Jones (Uldum). Also the new zones look amazing! The only thing I'm not so keen on is the overuse of phasing. Phasing is cool, but not after every other quest.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2546 on: 15 Dec 2010, 08:11 »

Yeah, I have a bone to pick with phasing and its tendency to make mining nodes disappear.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Josefbugman

« Reply #2547 on: 15 Dec 2010, 09:29 »

I think I may have been spoiled, I've been playing a lot of either Bioware or completly plotless games atm, so I am not used to the fact that everything has now become a pop cultural shout out.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #2548 on: 15 Dec 2010, 10:30 »

Enjoying the balls off of the Cata revamp of old zones. Completely awesome.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Odal

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #2549 on: 16 Dec 2010, 01:46 »

How are the new starting areas for goblin and worgen?  I haven't had the chance to do them because my account is character-capped and I really don't want to delete any of the characters.

I haven't really seen much of the new content at all, really.  I got my main to 81 and just got bored.  Been having fun with other aspects of the game.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53   Go Up