THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 01:15
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT January 26-30  (Read 111341 times)

Mr. Penston

• Not quite a lurker
Re: WCT January 26-30
« Reply #300 on: 28 Jan 2009, 23:34 »

Tiny little baby pillows.

OR GIGANTIC HEADS!

Dagdason

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #301 on: 28 Jan 2009, 23:56 »

I know those nights...

RefD

• Larger than most fish
  • A heartfelt, moving tribute to ennui.
« Reply #302 on: 29 Jan 2009, 00:05 »

I know those nights...

an empty bed in a cold room and no sleep.

TheoGB

• Plantmonster
    • http://www.ishotthedeputy.com
« Reply #303 on: 29 Jan 2009, 00:07 »

Guys, guys...Am I missing a reference for this: http://lucid-tv.com/176.html

I know what Hellokitty is but I just don't really get what it's trying to say. Our Lady of Regis is presumably a made up name of a hospital but then maybe it's obviously something else if you're American?

Needless to say, I prefer the Hellokitty version of today's strip. :D

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #304 on: 29 Jan 2009, 00:21 »

Yes, it's funny today and all, but is this like the smallest town ever? How does random girl show up in *3 different locations* within the past week of strips?

She must be a secret android with a homing device on Marten.

Nah, it's totally feasible.  it's a college town - there are only so many places near campus, and people are bound to run into one another.  I work and live in a college town (i work on campus at my alma mater) and I totally see the same people in a number of different places.  That it happened all in one day is just the worst luck imaginable, but still possible.   :-)
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #305 on: 29 Jan 2009, 02:20 »

Dinosaurs with frikkin lasers

Holy shit, that picture is awesome cubed. All it needs is The Power Of Rock.

Boy, I am NOT looking forward to the Marten/Faye shippers' reaction to this.

I thought the match cut here was a gift to Faye/Marten shippers, because THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY THINKING OF EACH OTHER. Now it's been said, it won't happen. Sorry, F/M (M/F?) shippers.

If anything I wish Marten and Faye would be closer buddies again.  It's like her interaction with the rest of the gang rests purely on work schedules.  It's kinda depressing.

I agree. Don't her and Marten still technically live in the same apartment? I loved that dynamic... it hasn't been in the comic in ages.

Agreed. Of course, it's not my comic.

Shawn, let me just say that was pure unhindered genius.   :mrgreen:

I second this emotion. Top work, Shawn. Flawless, and funny too.

I always saw Pen-allope as a neat freak, though (I assumed).   

Me too. Surprised to see stuff everywhere. Her heartsickness means cleaning up seems unimportant! It's like Steve hitting the bottle.

Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

TheReaper

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #306 on: 29 Jan 2009, 02:21 »

Marten and Dora are having trouble, but it could always get worse...

Like this!

(click to enlarge)

Followed by this!

(click to enlarge)

Now that's drama that would make any soap opera cry. :evil:

(And not any more strange than shipping Dora/Sven, lol)

I loved the strip, and I loved getting it so early in the day. However, this does mean we have to wait longer for the next one...
This is so terrible.
I laughed though so it's totally okay.
Good things are fleeting. The bad ones are usually here to stay.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #307 on: 29 Jan 2009, 02:46 »

I thought the match cut here was a gift to Faye/Marten shippers, because THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY THINKING OF EACH OTHER.

Life consists of choices*.  When enough things have happened in your life you will realise that there were opportunities that you still regret missing, even though the path you did take was just as awesome in the end.  I could perfectly relate to Marten and Faye thinking of each other, simply as nostalgic thoughts of how things could have gone, not as something that needs to happen now.

*If it doesn't, you're not getting out enough!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Mark7

• My sandbox is crunchy
    • My Music
« Reply #308 on: 29 Jan 2009, 02:53 »

It looks like Marten is gonna leave Dora soon. And he'll probably hook up with Faye.
Which means Dora and Sven will be available...

I want to be the first to ship Dora/Sven.

o.o

You mean Dora and Sven Bianchi?

I'm not sure the world of web comics is quite ready for that level of incestuousness.  And I pray it never will be :p
Will be at your local record store this Friday handing out the hot dickings

satsugaikaze

• Vagina Manifesto
  • I LOVE BELL PEPPERS.
« Reply #309 on: 29 Jan 2009, 03:14 »

I THOUGHT THIS COMIC WAS FOR THE PINTSIZE/PENELOPE SHIPPERS

Kiiiiiiddiiiiiing of cooouuuuuurrrrssse.

Maybe there should be some "Bizzaro QC" that stems off this comic right now, like one of those "what-if dreams".

Mark7

• My sandbox is crunchy
    • My Music
« Reply #310 on: 29 Jan 2009, 03:18 »

Do all Americans sleep on tiny flat pillows?

No wonder you're all addicted to coffee  :evil:
Will be at your local record store this Friday handing out the hot dickings

Doug S. Machina

« Reply #311 on: 29 Jan 2009, 03:20 »

I thought the match cut here was a gift to Faye/Marten shippers, because THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY THINKING OF EACH OTHER.

Life consists of choices*.  When enough things have happened in your life you will realise that there were opportunities that you still regret missing, even though the path you did take was just as awesome in the end.  I could perfectly relate to Marten and Faye thinking of each other, simply as nostalgic thoughts of how things could have gone, not as something that needs to happen now.

Absolutely, I sometimes have those sort of regrets already. It's perfectly believeable that they are thinking of each other. I just went for the mad shipping "This proves my OTP" obsessing.

*If it doesn't, you're not getting out enough!

This may be true as well.
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #312 on: 29 Jan 2009, 03:22 »

You mean Dora and Sven Bianchi?

I'm not sure the world of web comics is quite ready for that level of incestuousness.  And I pray it never will be :p

Hey now, if Tai has taught me anything, it's that if the sexin' is consensual, it should be allowed.

And even if it isn't, people on the message board will still trumpet its glories and demand that consent be forced 'for their own good'.

Milesb

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #313 on: 29 Jan 2009, 03:46 »

There's trouble brewin', you mark my words.

Marten and Dora are over their little tiff, wait till Faye and Sven have a mild fallout, cue Marten and Faye unexpectedly spending time together... nomnomnom.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #314 on: 29 Jan 2009, 04:42 »

Nice little strip you've got here Mr. Jacques.

About the only thing that surprised me was just how messy Penny's room was.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
  • Faydora and Fayven, its so hard to choose!
« Reply #315 on: 29 Jan 2009, 05:12 »

i don't think Martin and faye are thinking about each other. They are reflecting on the fuckery that happened that day. Pintsize sighed because he might really be "pintsize".
lol
Pen seemed to have to most normal sigh moment of all of them.

Help bring back the dragons!

tikkimoo

• Not quite a lurker
    • Ski-Fire (Doctor Valent)
« Reply #316 on: 29 Jan 2009, 05:16 »

Todays comic made me go "d'awwwwwwwwwwwwwww" especially at Pen.

Alphalpha

« Reply #317 on: 29 Jan 2009, 05:17 »

Dang, Americans have tiny pillows. They really don't look comfortable at all.

This is a good comic, it's a nice link, setting up whatever comes tomorrow or next week. It's told us that something big is going to happen soon, what with everyone being depressed, except Hanners who's just freaked out.

deuxmind

• Not quite a lurker
  • lol magic.
    • My Arts
« Reply #318 on: 29 Jan 2009, 05:59 »

My pillows are huge.
Yeah.
And I'm an American.
“I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying.”

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #319 on: 29 Jan 2009, 08:00 »

You're just overcompensating for something....
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Tibbs

« Reply #320 on: 29 Jan 2009, 08:05 »

Guess I was the only one whose first reaction to panel three was "aww college chick is all alone" followed by "OMG Foreshadowing!".

It was only when I came here that I realised it was Penelope.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #321 on: 29 Jan 2009, 08:18 »

College chick is a redhead anyway. :P

Tibbs

« Reply #322 on: 29 Jan 2009, 09:05 »

Hmm - looks blonde in the restaurant.

Anyway I was going by nose recognition - they both have very similar noses...

deuxmind

• Not quite a lurker
  • lol magic.
    • My Arts
« Reply #323 on: 29 Jan 2009, 09:16 »

You're just overcompensating for something....

Perhaps.
But it's still true.
“I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying.”

Milesb

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #324 on: 29 Jan 2009, 09:19 »

Wistful sighs all round.

So Marten's having a 5 minute "Grass is always greener on the other side" attack beause Dora's insecurity(regardless of if it's justified or not) has been a running issue with their relationship..

Faye's unhappy because she's aware that her and Sven isnt giving her everything she wants, it's just helping her to blow off steam and not think about it..

Penny misses Wil/romance of some sort..

Is Hannelore the only character in QC who is capable of being single without being emo about it?

manu

• Not quite a lurker
  • New challenger approaching?! Nodoka <3
« Reply #325 on: 29 Jan 2009, 09:20 »

Finally the dissenters get something. Jeph has been making a real big case for Dora/Marten and Faye/Sven for so long i thought it would actually work!

Dora may be a nice girl but I honestly don't see what reason he has to just be with her. There has to be a reason this will work in the long term besides she's easy...

It doesn't look like he's in love, but simply a nice guy too me. Of course I'm the absolute last person who knows anything about relationships so I'll quiet down now.
Wistful sighs all round.

So Marten's having a 5 minute "Grass is always greener on the other side" attack beause Dora's insecurity(regardless of if it's justified or not) has been a running issue with their relationship..

Faye's unhappy because she's aware that her and Sven isnt giving her everything she wants, it's just helping her to blow off steam and not think about it..

Penny misses Wil/romance of some sort..

Is Hannelore the only character in QC who is capable of being single without being emo about it?

Penny is able to function like a normal person so uh whats emo about having a sigh in the middle of the night?

ecstaticjoy

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • I like math
« Reply #326 on: 29 Jan 2009, 10:12 »

lol! great comic

maychild

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #327 on: 29 Jan 2009, 10:15 »

This gives me hope for a return to the lovely Marten/Faye hanging out strips that made this comic start out so great.

Shaztastic

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #328 on: 29 Jan 2009, 10:38 »

marten and faye sighs too easy to read too much into but prehaps marten wishes faye had picked him and not sven? (even if we know that it's only casual, or so it seems, he thinks it's more?) and the days stupid argument made him think about it?  but then it could just be stressing over the silly argument thinking about life or worrying where Pint size is :P

faye could be thinking about falling for sven when she knows he's not good for her? could be thinking if she can be with sven (who's obviously not going to be good for her) why couldn't she be with marten (who'd be a great boyfriend)? what would of happened with marten?

and i too wish there was a return to the old faye marten dynamic.

also think that dora would probably eventually be able to get over marten and faye getting together because she knows they genuinely like each other and that marten likes her too they're not delibrately trying to mess anyone about

I love this strip of penny it shows a more human side of her cos she's so uptight normally when we see her and this shows she can let go and not be so anal, the messy room letting her emotions get the better of her i love that :D

hannelore and pintsize is just awesome lol <3 i woulda thought she'd freak out a bit more
I'm trying to find myself as a person, sometimes that's not easy to do. Millions of people live their entire lives without finding themselves. But it is something I must do - Marylin Monroe

The Joker

• Curry sauce
  • Why so serious?
« Reply #329 on: 29 Jan 2009, 11:11 »

Hmm - looks blonde in the restaurant.

Anyway I was going by nose recognition - they both have very similar noses...

It's almost as if this is some kind of...cartoon...and both people are drawn by...the same person...

jk lol
They say the Joker is a wanted man...

redd1

« Reply #330 on: 29 Jan 2009, 12:51 »

i would have liked to have seen one more comic of them in the restaurant...maybe dora apologizing for going psycho bitch on her...and then having todays comic tomorrow.....though i must say i did love todays comic

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #331 on: 29 Jan 2009, 13:25 »

also think that dora would probably eventually be able to get over marten and faye getting together because she knows they genuinely like each other and that marten likes her too they're not delibrately trying to mess anyone about

Are you kidding me? Dora thought Faye slept with Sven to get back at her for getting with Marten.

That would be a messier situation than the one I was in a few months ago (and am still recovering from, and nothing actually happened!) (Note to self: when the chick you're trying to go after, who is a coworker, is engaged to another coworker, and is also your boss's daughter, AND the daughter of the person that runs the place... things get messy.)

Bushbr

• Emoticontraindication
  • Death by Gopher
« Reply #332 on: 29 Jan 2009, 13:27 »

I love this strip of penny it shows a more human side of her cos she's so uptight normally when we see her and this shows she can let go and not be so anal, the messy room letting her emotions get the better of her i love that :D

hannelore and pintsize is just awesome lol <3 i woulda thought she'd freak out a bit more

I like that penny is being show in a more human light now as well.

and as far as hannelore freaking out more, i would assume she would be sumwat used to these kind of things form pintsize by now, also where is winslow?

deuxmind

• Not quite a lurker
  • lol magic.
    • My Arts
« Reply #333 on: 29 Jan 2009, 13:45 »

Everyone keeps calling the college girl a redhead... I must be colorblind but isn't she kind of... blond/light brown?  Not that it matters.  I just thought redheads usually had red hair (or orange-ish I guess)
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2009, 13:47 by deuxmind »

azurefirem

• Plantmonster
  • a mysterious irrelephant
« Reply #334 on: 29 Jan 2009, 13:52 »

my favorite panel (i must say) has to be the last one :)
and i loved the story arc before this (will be saved for epic laughs).

just wondering, but hanners + pintsize? didn't hanners' dad want her to have a robo-boyfriend? (waaay long ago)?
So wouldn't he be happy?  :evil:
Quote from: KickThatBathProf
Fun Fact:  You can shower and brush your teeth simultaneously

oh my god can i touch you???

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #335 on: 29 Jan 2009, 15:01 »

Any guy with a girlfriend with issues knows... said girlfriend will not ever let you forget about her issues. It will always be something the guy has to work around.  In my case, I tried helping my (ex)girl with her issues and she only pushed me further away.  Dealing with that kind of stuff day in and day out takes its toll, I can tell you from experience.  Dora is crazy insecure about Marten.  She thinks that Marten will tell her everything, which is kinda Marten's fault also. I mean, just a few strips ago, Marten told her about seeing Hanelore's breast.  Only Marten could have confessed that, and actually feel guilty about it at the same time. Dora expects that kind of behavior from Marten all the time, and when she doesn't see it, she freaks out.  Also, Dora is still mad at Marten despite the clear evidence that he turned that girl down.  It doesn't get any more irrational than that.
Aside from the fact that insecurity is hardly a condition monopolized by women, if you actually think Dora's problem represents the height of relationship irrationality, I will tell you from personal experience (at both ends of such) that you've only seen the foothills.

I'll tell ya what would be awesome...if Faye met some other guy and had Sven turn psycho jealous ala' Dora.
I predicted this a month or two ago, and I still think it may be in the works.

So, that about does it for all those shippers crossing their fingers for a Hanners/Pintsize. She just doesn't like the technophile.
Oh, god, another ship to torpedo. Besides, Pintsize isn't Hanners' lover—he's her dealer. THough I guess he could parley that into a relationship and then turn Hanners out.
<pause>
<pause>
Sorry. Had to recover from hysterical laughter at the mental image of Hannelore turning tricks. (Let's party, John. Wait--is that clean? When did you last bathe? What kind of soap did you use?)

Well, they aren't flat when I buy them. But then something comes and eats two-thirds of the stuffing while I'm not looking. Except for my buckwheat pillow—I think buckwheat must give the Kissenfüllungesser indigestion.

« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2009, 15:04 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Shawn

• Plantmonster
  • Simple to the point of complication.
    • Twitter
« Reply #336 on: 29 Jan 2009, 15:08 »

I think that Marten is just sighing over the day, but he could be realizing that he and Dora do get into fights over really insignificant things. Maybe he's trying to decide if it's something that needs to be worked on, or it's just incompatibility. Either way, I don't really think they're the "super cute" couple they were when they first started dating.

Faye is sighing over her loveless but great sex with Sven. She's having the "empty feeling" that comes from relationships like that. Sure, she's with someone, but she feels like she's having to hold back. She can't love him because that's not the relationship they have.

Penny is obvious. She's lonely, and probably missing Wil. It's possible she just wants someone to care about though. Who knows.

Hanners and pintsize are just for lulz.

Also, I think it's funny that the Bianchis are the only ones actually sleeping. Also funny: they sleep on the same side of the bed.

Everyone keeps calling the college girl a redhead... I must be colorblind but isn't she kind of... blond/light brown?  Not that it matters.  I just thought redheads usually had red hair (or orange-ish I guess)

Yeah, I agree with you. I thought she was another blond. I can sorta see how you could call it red, but it's not red red.

I see that Jeph got tired of the "mystery-girl" plotline and decided to do this rather simple but nice 7-character panel.

Sigh. I wonder if the sighs mean anything, are simple expressions of not being able to sleep (other than Penelope), or ?

Pintsize and Hanners are funny as hell, +Shawn's remix of the scene a few posts ago was funny.

Shawn, let me just say that was pure unhindered genius.   :mrgreen:

I second this emotion. Top work, Shawn. Flawless, and funny too.

Marten and Dora are having trouble, but it could always get worse...

Like this!

(click to enlarge)

Followed by this!

(click to enlarge)

Now that's drama that would make any soap opera cry. :evil:

(And not any more strange than shipping Dora/Sven, lol)

I loved the strip, and I loved getting it so early in the day. However, this does mean we have to wait longer for the next one...
This is so terrible.
I laughed though so it's totally okay.

I almost made it Penny and Hanners for the second one, but Penny's hand ended up over Hanner's mouth. I didn't think that was so great :p . Then I almost made it Dora and Penny (after the Marten/Sven one, which was easy because they're drawn to the same scale) which worked out well because it looked like Penny was holding sleeping Dora, but it wasn't as funny as Dora/Hanners :p
Said with a healthy dose of insanity.

MrMonk

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #337 on: 29 Jan 2009, 15:45 »

The Hannelore/Dora pairing is the best of the possible combinations.
If you don't hear from me again, expect the worse.  Long live the Batman.

darknight0dc

« Reply #338 on: 29 Jan 2009, 15:52 »

I wish they'd just break up already.
i kind of do to. only because they claim to be happy with eachother, but they seem to fight alot about stupid stuff.
but at the same time i like the marten+dora combo.
i absolutely do not want to see faye with marten.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #339 on: 29 Jan 2009, 15:58 »

I loved today's comic. It was deep...and it made me laugh (last panel).
^^ This. The first panel made me sad (as incredibly annoyed as I've been at Dora for... quite some time... I like her and they're a great couple), the last panel made me actually LOL. Great comic today, I am happy.  :lol:
How did you know what Marten was actually sighting about ?

I mean there is one obvious option ... but there are others too.

I was really not sure at all why he sighted.
Carpe Diem

darknight0dc

« Reply #340 on: 29 Jan 2009, 16:02 »

i don't think Martin and faye are thinking about each other. They are reflecting on the fuckery that happened that day. Pintsize sighed because he might really be "pintsize".
lol
Pen seemed to have to most normal sigh moment of all of them.

i dont think faye & marten are thinking of eachother either. i think they're both just reflecting on their own situations; like you said.
i also think for faye she's confused because i think deep down she wants a serious reationship, but she's afraid of messing it up... faye has alot to sigh about lol.

Mallli_kite

• Being Different, just like everybody else.
« Reply #341 on: 29 Jan 2009, 16:14 »

Any guy with a girlfriend with issues knows... said girlfriend will not ever let you forget about her issues. It will always be something the guy has to work around.  In my case, I tried helping my (ex)girl with her issues and she only pushed me further away.  Dealing with that kind of stuff day in and day out takes its toll, I can tell you from experience.  Dora is crazy insecure about Marten.  She thinks that Marten will tell her everything, which is kinda Marten's fault also. I mean, just a few strips ago, Marten told her about seeing Hanelore's breast.  Only Marten could have confessed that, and actually feel guilty about it at the same time. Dora expects that kind of behavior from Marten all the time, and when she doesn't see it, she freaks out.  Also, Dora is still mad at Marten despite the clear evidence that he turned that girl down.  It doesn't get any more irrational than that.
Aside from the fact that insecurity is hardly a condition monopolized by women, if you actually think Dora's problem represents the height of relationship irrationality, I will tell you from personal experience (at both ends of such) that you've only seen the foothills.

I'll tell ya what would be awesome...if Faye met some other guy and had Sven turn psycho jealous ala' Dora.
I predicted this a month or two ago, and I still think it may be in the works.

So, that about does it for all those shippers crossing their fingers for a Hanners/Pintsize. She just doesn't like the technophile.
Oh, god, another ship to torpedo. Besides, Pintsize isn't Hanners' lover—he's her dealer. THough I guess he could parley that into a relationship and then turn Hanners out.
<pause>
<pause>
Sorry. Had to recover from hysterical laughter at the mental image of Hannelore turning tricks. (Let's party, John. Wait--is that clean? When did you last bathe? What kind of soap did you use?)

Well, they aren't flat when I buy them. But then something comes and eats two-thirds of the stuffing while I'm not looking. Except for my buckwheat pillow—I think buckwheat must give the Kissenfüllungesser indigestion.

I think I just developed a crush on you, Raoullefere, and that disturbs me.  This cool/wise/Germanic thing is dangerously attractive.  Watch it!

But, yeah, it's true.  15 years now, working on 16 years, with my beloved, and we BOTH occasionally haul up ancient history or insecurity or something and have a fight.  BUT -- when you spend 2 hours with a fight, and days and days being pretty damned happy with each other, it's not that hard to let the bad stuff go, because there's so LITTLE of it comparatively.  Of course, for a fair number of folks, their expectations are for absolute perfection (which usually translates to getting everything their own way) or they tend to focus on the bad bits and let them eclipse the good stuff.  That's all perspective. 

Relationships, they be complicated things.  And doesn't Marten say often how happy he is with Dora?  So, ok, there are occasional issues.  It is NOT constant (I just toured the archives looking).  Again, perspective.

As for the pillows, I imagine they aren't very interesting to draw.  Jeph tends to make them tiny whenever they show up.  Not Representative of Reality because...well...it's a comic!
I have nothing to say, but that's never stopped me.

BladeDancer

• Not quite a lurker
  • It's hard to be a filler
« Reply #342 on: 29 Jan 2009, 16:21 »

Ah how I missed the forums. I lost them when the site got it's new skin, and the link seems to have disappeared. Anyone know what's up? I'm curious because you all seem like you never left. (I found them again after Jeph mentioned them in the comment of comic 1324, and I searched the page source for 'forum' and copy pasted the link.)

deuxmind

• Not quite a lurker
  • lol magic.
    • My Arts
« Reply #343 on: 29 Jan 2009, 16:30 »

yeah i kind of got really confused when i couldn't find the link either.  it keeps friggin disappearing.  :?

NightOfTheLepus

• Not quite a lurker
  • How many eyes does horror have?
« Reply #344 on: 29 Jan 2009, 16:33 »

i agree with the earlier comment regarding Penelope - - i didn't really care one way or the other about that storyline, but her panel in this strip was emotive enough to make me actually care about the character... well done indeed.

On a random note, Penny has a very small bed.

and on another random note, how cute is that photo of estabrookette:)

Shawn

• Plantmonster
  • Simple to the point of complication.
    • Twitter
« Reply #345 on: 29 Jan 2009, 16:47 »

Ah how I missed the forums. I lost them when the site got it's new skin, and the link seems to have disappeared. Anyone know what's up? I'm curious because you all seem like you never left. (I found them again after Jeph mentioned them in the comment of comic 1324, and I searched the page source for 'forum' and copy pasted the link.)
yeah i kind of got really confused when i couldn't find the link either.  it keeps friggin disappearing.  :?

lol yeah, a lot of people (myself included) were complaining about it back when site first got changed around. I think we've all accepted the new design now, even though I still prefer the old one.

The forum link is on the middle-right of the main page only. If you go to a previous strip or another page on the site, the link won't be there anymore.
Said with a healthy dose of insanity.

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #346 on: 29 Jan 2009, 16:55 »

I just realized that I point out Dora's flaws whenever someone defends her, but I want them to stay together whenever someone says they're going to break up.

...I...I think I might be a troll. Is there some sort of test I can take? Do I pee in a cup or something?
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

Mallli_kite

« Reply #347 on: 29 Jan 2009, 17:14 »

Norton, strive for statistical accuracy! 

I don't think you are actively a troll, but you might be developing some trollish tendencies.  Have you been feeling any unusual desires to hang around under bridges or attack new people with accusations of being new?  Have you rubbed up against any trolls lately? That stuff can be contagious!

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #348 on: 29 Jan 2009, 17:18 »

Have you been feeling any unusual desires to hang around under bridges

OH JEZZUS! I JUST SPENT TEN HOURS UNDER A SUSPENSION BRIDGE! WHAT DO I DO? IS THERE A CREME?
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

Mallli_kite

« Reply #349 on: 29 Jan 2009, 17:33 »

I think you can get by with a little Gold Bond ... maybe some Lotrimen for the fungus...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up