THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 18:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT January 26-30  (Read 111376 times)

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
Re: WCT January 26-30
« Reply #350 on: 29 Jan 2009, 17:41 »

Have you been feeling any unusual desires to hang around under bridges

OH JEZZUS! I JUST SPENT TEN HOURS UNDER A SUSPENSION BRIDGE! WHAT DO I DO? IS THERE A CREME?

Yep, there is. Just stand still and I'll go get it for you.

*loads rifle*

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #351 on: 29 Jan 2009, 17:50 »

...I'll, uh, I'll try Mallll_kite's idea first.

That said, I DO think that Dora has some issues, but I DON'T think they should break up over them.
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

Mallli_kite

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Being Different, just like everybody else.
« Reply #352 on: 29 Jan 2009, 18:11 »

Norton, I agree with you, but I have to ask -- is there anyone in this comic who does NOT have issues?  Really? 

The only significant character I can think of is Winslow, and I wouldn't swear to that...

Maybe if you want to really counter act the creeping trollism, you could list some of Dora's good qualities.

And shooting trolls just makes them come back meaner and multiplied...
I have nothing to say, but that's never stopped me.

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #353 on: 29 Jan 2009, 18:19 »

I think Dora's best quality, personally, is her general easy-going attitude (most of the time). Except for when she starts getting RAR MARTEN, I can't really think of a time when she got unapologetically angry.

Plus, that talk with a nonsense word she did with Marten? that was just adorable.
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

Mallli_kite

« Reply #354 on: 29 Jan 2009, 18:36 »

I'd also add that she has a great sense of humor, a lot of tolerance for the behavior of other people (at least when she'snot in a romantic relationship with them), and a tendency to put the needs of others before her own.  I mean, everyone makes a deal that she waited a whole two days before making a move on a guy she'd been interested in for how long until her friend declared unequivocally she was not going to act on it (and, you have to admit, it was only a potential thing in all events). 

There really isn't a character in the strip I could declare wholy bad.  Sven, for all his self professed assholery, has not done a slimy thing since the night Faye read him the riot act outside the bar.  Pintsize is the only one who could be considered irredeemable, but he's comic relief :)

Superkid11

• Obscure cultural reference
  • New teeth!
« Reply #355 on: 29 Jan 2009, 18:46 »

Pintsize hasn't really done an awful thing in a while either.

Yeah, a while back I despised Sven, but since he stopped being a slimy liar(being a player is only a bad thing when you're not honest about it) he's become one of my favorites.

ThunderPower

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #356 on: 29 Jan 2009, 19:25 »

Am I the only person who noticed the red shirt with a yellow tag under Penelope's bed?
I'm a Guitar Hero, how about you?

Mallli_kite

« Reply #357 on: 29 Jan 2009, 20:02 »

Superkid, I think the last thing Pintsize did was burn holes in the couch, and I don't think it was on purpose!

Sven has been VERY honest about himself, and he's not really (at least that we can see) so much as flirted with another woman since he and Faye got together.  Of course, his honesty does him little good with Faye, Queen of Distrust, which is too bad, because he is probably the best man for her -- able to withstand her barbs and insults, confident enough not to have his self esteem broken, and able to call her on her shit.  Marten would not have been able to handle Faye -- if we thinik Dora pushes him around, imagine what Faye would do.  She's more than insecure and it takes her a lot longer to get over things.

QuarterFire

• Emoticontraindication
  • o rly?
« Reply #358 on: 29 Jan 2009, 21:03 »

I guess Jeph just likes girls.  Ya think? ;)

Drawing women is significantly more fun than drawing men.

No need to explain why.

Wing alpha

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • weird lurker
« Reply #359 on: 29 Jan 2009, 21:12 »

that  Penelope one  Reminded me of me more than it should....Is hard sleeping on an empty bed, after someone you love sleeps with you for a while and then she isnt there.... or plain  just wish there was some other person you could be  with.

I simpathize with the sighs too....because lets be honest we all had  those moment looking at what we have , what we done, and if its  worth or while or wasting our time . or just thinking about something.

Well played Mr Jacques Well played
does it matter really?

TheReaper

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #360 on: 29 Jan 2009, 22:22 »

Oh man. "Blind high-five attempt."
Best title ever.
Good things are fleeting. The bad ones are usually here to stay.

Bushbr

• Emoticontraindication
  • Death by Gopher
« Reply #361 on: 29 Jan 2009, 22:41 »

I wish they'd just break up already.
i kind of do to. only because they claim to be happy with eachother, but they seem to fight alot about stupid stuff.
but at the same time i like the marten+dora combo.
i absolutely do not want to see faye with marten.

just because you fight over stupid stuff doesn't mean you aren't happy with eachother.

have you NEVER seen a married couple?

Also I'm kinda shocked that the drama just....ended....

but something tells me monday will bring on more drama, Mondays always are filled with drama

ecstaticjoy

• I like math
« Reply #362 on: 29 Jan 2009, 23:27 »

why not?

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #363 on: 29 Jan 2009, 23:44 »

why not?
Cant answer for him, but in my case it would be because he's with Dora.
Carpe Diem

Malek

« Reply #364 on: 30 Jan 2009, 01:14 »

Wow. Lots going on.

Hmmm i wonder if Wil will ever come back,will Faye ever find love,will Hanners ever find love too,will Pintsize ever stop being crazy?

gnarlyducks

« Reply #365 on: 30 Jan 2009, 01:16 »

Wow. Lots going on.

Hmmm i wonder if Wil will ever come back,will Faye ever find love,will Hanners ever find love too,will Pintsize ever stop being crazy?

All three things will happen in the same room simultaneously.

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #366 on: 30 Jan 2009, 01:30 »

will Hanners ever find love too

Hanners will find she can only love a mechanical man.

Tibbs

« Reply #367 on: 30 Jan 2009, 02:48 »

It's almost as if this is some kind of...cartoon...and both people are drawn by...the same person...

jk lol

WHAT!? A CARTOON!?

I demand an explanation for this outrageous comment!  :-P

Malek

« Reply #368 on: 30 Jan 2009, 03:37 »

I belive that in the near future that Pintsize will fail somehow.

HAHA PENNY KICKS PINTSIZE HAHA

MamiyaOtaru

• Plantmonster
« Reply #369 on: 30 Jan 2009, 04:03 »

Re - apology cards:
Are we to assume the last one was the only one based on something that had happened to them?  Or did it cross over into "real life" somewhere half-way through?

Betagold

• Emoticontraindication
  • THERE WILL BE NO EGGS OF ANY KIND!!
« Reply #370 on: 30 Jan 2009, 04:09 »

I'm amazed that there isn't a thread full of apology card ideas yet.

disharmonic symphony

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #371 on: 30 Jan 2009, 05:41 »

Yep, there is. Just stand still and I'll go get it for you.

*loads rifle*

I laughed out loud in front of my pc. Need to get out more.

As for the comic, I don't think that a sigh in the middle of the night indicates the end of an otherwise fully functional relationship. I don't know about any of you, but as for me - been there, done that, and the relationship miraculously survived.

(...it did eventually end, seeing as I'm single today, but that sigh had nothing to do with it!! I think. Yes.)

BLACkH3T

« Reply #372 on: 30 Jan 2009, 06:09 »

I thought Taj was hot before but she is damn sexy without the glasses.

littlefox

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #373 on: 30 Jan 2009, 06:34 »

Jeph: the word you want is "diffusing." http://englishplus.com/grammar/00000273.htm

Also, did you get your cards idea from Achewood maybe ... http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04252008

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #374 on: 30 Jan 2009, 07:02 »

And the Greeting Cards reminded me of an old joke about children's book titles you will never see:

"Strangers have the Best Candy"

"Daddy Drinks Because You Cry"

"The Best Toys are Under the Sink"

and many more.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #375 on: 30 Jan 2009, 07:08 »

Jeph: the word you want is "diffusing."

No, it isn't (second meaning).  Also, The Guardian says your suggestion is now the commonest English usage error of all!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

downward_spiral

« Reply #376 on: 30 Jan 2009, 07:31 »

Maybe Marten is starting to realize with the whole college chick thing what he is missing? Sometimes guys are dumb about noticing how attracted to them girls are, and it took Dora 'attacking' him to finally get him to make a move of any kind. Maybe he is finally noticing that cute girls *are* in fact attracted to him and that his passive loser-ish attitude has cost him some quality booty that he could have had before he met Dora. And wow college girl is cute!!

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #377 on: 30 Jan 2009, 08:17 »

I really like how Tai looks with contacts.

I'm glad to see another 'list.' I've been missing them. Marten and Tai didn't think of at least one possible card, though, and probably others, too. Rather than 'derail' the forum, I've started a thread: http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,22334.0.html

Edit: There's a half-baked poll!
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2009, 08:40 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Golani

« Reply #378 on: 30 Jan 2009, 08:53 »

"I didn't mean to stalk you, I just wanted to be there for you". That would have worked for me if my ex gave me that card.

Nice to see Tai again, though I'm sorry her family is against her being a lesbian. That would explain a few things.

LynxDaemon19

« Reply #379 on: 30 Jan 2009, 09:09 »

Marten's sigh could also be an "oh, what a day" sort of thing.  I mean, a girl actually asked him out, and then she happened to turn up at CoD, and he and Dora fought about it and made up, and THEN she was their waitress--sounds pretty crazy and exhausting.

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #380 on: 30 Jan 2009, 09:28 »

Golani, I interpreted it as her needing to give the card to someone.  That seems likely from her.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Heavyoak

• Furry furrier
  • I ♥ Hannelore
    • Heavyoak's random web stuff
« Reply #381 on: 30 Jan 2009, 09:41 »

(click to enlarge)

Do not know if want....

DO WANT!

The Joker

• Curry sauce
  • Why so serious?
« Reply #382 on: 30 Jan 2009, 09:44 »

And the Greeting Cards reminded me of an old joke about children's book titles you will never see:

"Strangers have the Best Candy"

"Daddy Drinks Because You Cry"

"The Best Toys are Under the Sink"

and many more.

My dad reviewed a book for a newspaper called "Why Animals Sleep On the Side of the Road (and Other Lies We Tell Our Children)".

In other book-title news, check this out...

http://www.cracked.com/article_16818_13-most-baffling-book-titles.html

Awesome list.  Great website, too.

They say the Joker is a wanted man...

syshonblast

• Not quite a lurker
  • The dog says: "I am hungry. I want to eat a dream"
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #383 on: 30 Jan 2009, 11:05 »

Ah how I missed the forums. I lost them when the site got it's new skin, and the link seems to have disappeared. Anyone know what's up? I'm curious because you all seem like you never left. (I found them again after Jeph mentioned them in the comment of comic 1324, and I searched the page source for 'forum' and copy pasted the link.)
yeah i kind of got really confused when i couldn't find the link either.  it keeps friggin disappearing.  :?

lol yeah, a lot of people (myself included) were complaining about it back when site first got changed around. I think we've all accepted the new design now, even though I still prefer the old one.

The forum link is on the middle-right of the main page only. If you go to a previous strip or another page on the site, the link won't be there anymore.

Woo hoo! Quote tunnel...

Actually, I was getting aggravated myself trying to find the link to the forums.  It turns out that when I clicked the RSS link I have on my homepage, it would connect me to the latest comic, but it wasn't a page that included the links to the forums, indietits, Twitter, etc.  However, when I type the web address directly, I get the comic WITH the links on the right-hand side.  Why is this the case? Know one knows.*

Anyway, not as fond of this recent comic.  Jeph's had some good ones lately, so maybe the recent entry kinda felt lame by comparison.  Bleh.

*Someone knows, but I'm not telling.  Mainly because I don't know.
There's a little bit of Faye-ness in all of us...just waiting to bust out and turn innocent body parts into creamed corn.

Alphalpha

« Reply #384 on: 30 Jan 2009, 11:24 »

deathwing107

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #385 on: 30 Jan 2009, 12:08 »

was it just me or did what Tai say in the last panel kinda reminded me of the "Lost Scene" from clerks...

This is what I'm talking about...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufd_-rRwVc0

Especially when Randal tells the dead girl's parents that Dante is with him. Don't know why, kinda reminded of that part.

twilightneko

« Reply #386 on: 30 Jan 2009, 13:24 »

I'm really liking the way Jeph is drawing Tai.

That is all. ^_^

Fenriswolf

« Reply #387 on: 30 Jan 2009, 13:47 »

^^ This. The first panel made me sad (as incredibly annoyed as I've been at Dora for... quite some time... I like her and they're a great couple), the last panel made me actually LOL. Great comic today, I am happy.  :lol:
How did you know what Marten was actually sighting about ?

I mean there is one obvious option ... but there are others too.

I was really not sure at all why he sighted.

I don't know, but it was my natural reaction, hence my post. I hardly think their relationship's in dire jeopardy, but I would expect he feels railroaded, rather than feeling that he actually got any point across to Dora. That is frustrating, and something I have sighed about in the night so naturally I'm going to project that.

Shawn

• Plantmonster
  • Simple to the point of complication.
    • Twitter
« Reply #388 on: 30 Jan 2009, 13:51 »

Ah how I missed the forums. I lost them when the site got it's new skin, and the link seems to have disappeared. Anyone know what's up? I'm curious because you all seem like you never left. (I found them again after Jeph mentioned them in the comment of comic 1324, and I searched the page source for 'forum' and copy pasted the link.)
yeah i kind of got really confused when i couldn't find the link either.  it keeps friggin disappearing.  :?

lol yeah, a lot of people (myself included) were complaining about it back when site first got changed around. I think we've all accepted the new design now, even though I still prefer the old one.

The forum link is on the middle-right of the main page only. If you go to a previous strip or another page on the site, the link won't be there anymore.

Woo hoo! Quote tunnel...

Actually, I was getting aggravated myself trying to find the link to the forums.  It turns out that when I clicked the RSS link I have on my homepage, it would connect me to the latest comic, but it wasn't a page that included the links to the forums, indietits, Twitter, etc.  However, when I type the web address directly, I get the comic WITH the links on the right-hand side.  Why is this the case? Know one knows.*

Anyway, not as fond of this recent comic.  Jeph's had some good ones lately, so maybe the recent entry kinda felt lame by comparison.  Bleh.

*Someone knows, but I'm not telling.  Mainly because I don't know.

The RSS feed is "http://www.questionablecontent.net/QCRSS.xml"
The Main Page is "http://www.questionablecontent.net/"

They're different pages. Only the main page has a link to the forums.

Archive pages, like http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1328 do not have a link.
The about page, http://www.questionablecontent.net/about.php, does not have a link
etc.

Just the main page. It's how Jeph designed the site.  :|

Said with a healthy dose of insanity.

NightOfTheLepus

• Not quite a lurker
  • How many eyes does horror have?
« Reply #389 on: 30 Jan 2009, 13:56 »

i thought of:

http://www.someecards.com/

(((might not be completely NSFW, if anyone cares about that sort of thing.)))
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2009, 14:18 by NightOfTheLepus »

Shadic

• Shadic's Website
« Reply #390 on: 30 Jan 2009, 16:21 »

Is it just me, or do the anti-Dora people overreact over her personality flaws more than she overreacts in the entire comic?

It seems to be so.

The Joker

• Curry sauce
  • Why so serious?
« Reply #391 on: 30 Jan 2009, 16:52 »

I concur.

Mallli_kite

« Reply #392 on: 30 Jan 2009, 16:55 »

Yes, I think that's a fair assessment.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #393 on: 30 Jan 2009, 17:10 »

Maybe Tai and Marten should go into business together.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

The Joker

• Curry sauce
  • Why so serious?
« Reply #394 on: 30 Jan 2009, 19:31 »

I'd buy something like that.  For such occasions as weddings...

"So, when I said I didn't have any STD's...well, the results just came back positive."

...or funerals...

"About the, ahem,  unknown drunk driver who hit your son..."

Yeah.

JReynolds

• Larger than most fish
  • We thought you was a toad!
« Reply #395 on: 30 Jan 2009, 19:47 »

...I...I think I might be a troll. Is there some sort of test I can take? Do I pee in a cup or something?

Watch out for billy goats, man. When they hit you, you know you've been hit!.
When folly and lies are sown broadcast, one necessarily reaps insanity.  --Zola

Rocketman

• A little bitter.
« Reply #396 on: 30 Jan 2009, 19:56 »

Is it just me, or do the anti-Dora people overreact over her personality flaws more than she overreacts in the entire comic?

It seems to be so.

It's not overreaction; Dora is controlling Marten by browbeating him with guilt trips. If anything, y'all are underreacting because you apparently think it's funny when one person holds absolute power over the other in a relationship, as long as the one in power has a pair of tits to distract you.

I reiterate: if it was a guy who yelled at his girlfriend that she shouldn't change her hair without his approval, this forum would explode with feminist rage. But hey, it's a chick doing it and the guy is getting smacked around so he he ho ho ha ha how aDORAble (giggle) :lol:.

The Joker

• Curry sauce
  • Why so serious?
« Reply #397 on: 30 Jan 2009, 20:50 »

It seems to be so.

It's not overreaction; Dora is controlling Marten by browbeating him with guilt trips. If anything, y'all are underreacting because you apparently think it's funny when one person holds absolute power over the other in a relationship, as long as the one in power has a pair of tits to distract you.

I reiterate: if it was a guy who yelled at his girlfriend that she shouldn't change her hair without his approval, this forum would explode with feminist rage. But hey, it's a chick doing it and the guy is getting smacked around so he he ho ho ha ha how aDORAble (giggle) :lol:.

You kind of undermined yourself by making a joke at the end.  And Dora doesn't have "absolute power" - you make it sound like Marten is her servant.  He's just more passive than some people. 

JohnTheWysard

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #398 on: 30 Jan 2009, 21:05 »

Guess I was the only one whose first reaction to panel three was "aww college chick is all alone" followed by "OMG Foreshadowing!".

It was only when I came here that I realised it was Penelope.

Nah. Redheaded college chick is kept in the background until...

Dora/Marten/redheaded chick threesome.

<g, d & r>

Bushbr

• Emoticontraindication
  • Death by Gopher
« Reply #399 on: 31 Jan 2009, 00:37 »

Guess I was the only one whose first reaction to panel three was "aww college chick is all alone" followed by "OMG Foreshadowing!".

It was only when I came here that I realised it was Penelope.

Nah. Redheaded college chick is kept in the background until...

Dora/Marten/redheaded chick threesome.

<g, d & r>

I would totaly "FAP" to that
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up