THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 01:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT: February 16-20, 2009  (Read 57215 times)

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
Re: WCT: February 16-20, 2009
« Reply #250 on: 19 Feb 2009, 19:33 »

Anime!Dora's cuter than the 'real' Dora.

Mallli_kite

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Being Different, just like everybody else.
« Reply #251 on: 19 Feb 2009, 19:50 »

Rimwolf and Kugai, I'm not convinced and had written a pretty large post about it, but I went back and used Dora's hair as a measure -- she talked about growing it out in 1302 and by 1311 she's showing a good month of blond growth, maybe more (it's hard to judge with cartoon characters).  So, I'll give you that at least a month, but not more than two, has taken place between 1302 and 1311, but we don't know for certain when 1307 took place in that time -- weather isn't a good indicator since Jeph doesn't keep a strict seasonal year in the comic and weather tends to show up because he wants to do a gag.   Dora doesn't show up in those strips, so for all we know that conversation took place just days before everything else started happening, even a couple days before the snow started.

The Dora Hair Time Measuring device (I wonder if I can patent that?) is not the best measure, since she's a toon and her hair length is whatever Jeph feels like drawing at the time.  Whatever we do there, we are working with assumption, because we don't see Faye and Sven together much in that time period either. No one else's hair seems to change except Sven's, which gets shorter.  It's just barely a good measure.  For all anyone knows, Dora dipped her head in bleach.

It's not enough to judge Sven and Faye as having reached "coupledom" in any case.  There's nothing in the strip to back it up -- it's all assumption on our part.

I'm still pretty amused at myself for going to all the trouble of working this out, but it was fun! :)
I have nothing to say, but that's never stopped me.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #252 on: 19 Feb 2009, 20:07 »

The Dora Hair Time Measuring device (I wonder if I can patent that?) is not the best measure, since she's a toon and her hair length is whatever Jeph feels like drawing at the time

That's true enough, which is why I, and Rimwolf I assume, were going on the seasonal shift since that seemed the more accurate measure.

It's not enough to judge Sven and Faye as having reached "coupledom" in any case.  There's nothing in the strip to back it up -- it's all assumption on our part.

I'm still pretty amused at myself for going to all the trouble of working this out, but it was fun! :)

I know, but going on the shift that Jeph seems to have given us, one can assume that she and Sven are still sleeping together, and the 'incident' with Gina Riversmith is the first time he's actually strayed,

It is humerous and fun to work such things out.  :)
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Golani

« Reply #253 on: 19 Feb 2009, 20:18 »

In the last panel, Dora's pissed look reminds me so much of Sven it isn't funny, she looks more like her brother in that than in most of the other panels shes' been in.

Penny, though we all wanted to tell faye what you did, the obvious didn't help...

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #254 on: 19 Feb 2009, 21:18 »

Early guest comic.

Pintsize shenannigans and jealousy!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #255 on: 19 Feb 2009, 21:23 »

Gaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! GUESTCOMIC??!!!! Arrrrrrgggghhh!!!!!!

Once again he leaves us hanging!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Funny though
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2009, 21:25 by Kugai »
James The Kugai 

PHeller

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #256 on: 19 Feb 2009, 21:29 »

Since when is Pintsize female? Or does it asexually have a bot-crush on Marten? :-D

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #257 on: 19 Feb 2009, 21:42 »

He's probably found the setting (there's a comic about it) and changed it.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #258 on: 20 Feb 2009, 01:23 »

Its a guest comic.

They often dont make much sense.
Carpe Diem

Mallli_kite

« Reply #259 on: 20 Feb 2009, 06:37 »

Kugai, I'm with you.  WAH!

But...it's the con.  He's entitled to some prep time for the con.

*sigh*  I wish Jeph would do a con a little further south.  I get to see several of my favorite comic/webcomic authors at Dragon, and even at some of the smaller cons.  He will go to Seattle, but he won't cross that Mason-Dixon line.    I guess it's scary down here.  (Who am I kidding?  It IS scary down here...but it's warmer!)

I just want to stare at him pitifully for a while, I SWEAR...I've yet to do anything mean to an artist.  I usually end up giving them money.  David Mack lets me hug him (mmmm David Mack...)

Hell, I miss cons.  Used to be a vendor/artist.  It's boring behind the booth, but it's been over a year now and I MISS IT!

Shaztastic

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #260 on: 20 Feb 2009, 09:44 »

mallli kite you're display pic might provide a que :P i'd be scared of going anywhere near someone with that pic lol
I'm trying to find myself as a person, sometimes that's not easy to do. Millions of people live their entire lives without finding themselves. But it is something I must do - Marylin Monroe

Mallli_kite

« Reply #261 on: 20 Feb 2009, 09:45 »

mallli kite you're display pic might provide a que :P i'd be scared of going anywhere near someone with that pic lol

Oh, that was to go with the title of "Serial Killer of Balloon Animals", but I see it's changed, so I'll change the avatar.  :lol:

There -- is that less terrifying?
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2009, 09:48 by Mallli_kite »

The Joker

• Curry sauce
  • Why so serious?
« Reply #262 on: 22 Feb 2009, 09:17 »

I wish Pintsize still had his laser too.
They say the Joker is a wanted man...

Shaztastic

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #263 on: 22 Feb 2009, 11:39 »

hahahah yeah much better it's cute
I'm trying to find myself as a person, sometimes that's not easy to do. Millions of people live their entire lives without finding themselves. But it is something I must do - Marylin Monroe

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #264 on: 22 Feb 2009, 12:46 »

For some reason Pintsize as rendered in the guest strip makes me think of Kuato of Total Recall. What that means, I've no idea, but it's the end of the thread, so who cares anyway.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

GreatGonzo

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #265 on: 22 Feb 2009, 17:16 »

It's the end of the thread as we know it, . . .

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #266 on: 22 Feb 2009, 19:19 »

For some reason Pintsize as rendered in the guest strip makes me think of Kuato of Total Recall. What that means, I've no idea, but it's the end of the thread, so who cares anyway.

Kuato??

Are you sure you don't mean Batou?
James The Kugai 

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #267 on: 23 Feb 2009, 08:06 »

I don't recall any Batou in Total Recall. He's the muscle-guy from GITS, yes? Anyway, I googled Kuato just to be sure, my memory being what it is... or isn't.

If you do the same, I strongly advice you to avoid the clip of him singing "Chocolate Rain." You stand warned.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #268 on: 23 Feb 2009, 20:58 »

I don't recall any Batou in Total Recall. He's the muscle-guy from GITS, yes? Anyway, I googled Kuato just to be sure, my memory being what it is... or isn't.

If you do the same, I strongly advice you to avoid the clip of him singing "Chocolate Rain." You stand warned.

Ok, sorry.  Guess that's what you get when you Post tired after a long day - Misreading the Post of the person your reply to.  I really did think you meant GITS!    :roll:
James The Kugai 

azurefirem

• Plantmonster
  • a mysterious irrelephant
« Reply #269 on: 23 Feb 2009, 21:30 »

Today was HOLY SHIT SCARY FAYE.

I do NOT want to cross her.
EVER.
Even if Sven looks delicious. But he's an ass, so therefore, no-go. Logic works. :D
Quote from: KickThatBathProf
Fun Fact:  You can shower and brush your teeth simultaneously

oh my god can i touch you???
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up