THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 05:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If the Newsbox ever really does get through f***ing around and escapes, its first act will be to:

Use a telephoto lens to determine if the 'taco' for which Gotherella (Dora) speaks is her own.
Drug Marten and shave his 'trail to adventure.'
Drug Marten and tattoo Highway to Hell alongside his 'trail to adventure.'
Acquire a photo of Sven playing air guitar in his underwear, then photoshop it until his body is five times too thin for his head and sell the result to Ralph Lauren.
Do unto Marigold as Pintsize has done. Then grope Hannelore, too, just—just because.
Score compromising pix of Angus with Arianna Huffington and use them to ruin his strawman career.
Write "WWJD?" on Penelope's forearm and Wil's right butt-cheek in permanent ink.
Smack Faye's ass. Twice.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT Nov 16-20, 2009  (Read 61541 times)

geffyb

• Plantmonster
Re: WCT Nov 16-20, 2009
« Reply #150 on: 20 Nov 2009, 13:55 »

How the heck has noboby commented on the "TAI FIGHTER" poster on her door yet???

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #151 on: 20 Nov 2009, 14:42 »

Oh, God, those portmanteaux get me seething.  Like a man should delete all his male contacts the minute he graduates Skull & Bones.  "Man-" or "guy-" too.  "Guyliner?"  "Man-purse?"  It's a fucking purse!  Call it a "handbag" or a "tote bag" if you want to sound less feminine, but...don't do this!

And "manorexia"...dear God.  Taking a disease and putting "man" in front of it - what the hell do you think you're doing?  Really?

I always preferred putting the word "action" in front of it. Action Purse, Action Eyeliner, Action Belt, etc. It keeps it from being an obnoxious portmanteau and keeps it gender neutral.

...I liked you better without the moustache.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #152 on: 20 Nov 2009, 15:03 »

I just hope the girl in Tai's bed isn't the one that Steve was asking about.
Now that would be awesome!
Fixed!

Huzzah.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #153 on: 20 Nov 2009, 15:15 »

Someday they're going to wrap—no, I won't say it. Because some silly bugger will do it, and then the world will drown in grease, slipping down the Drain of History, but only to a certain point before causing a clog. Then will be the Coming of the Giant Plunger. And maybe the fearsome god D'rain-oy.

Perhaps you were going to say 'wrap bacon in bacon'?

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

BEHOLD THE FUTURE
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

jonarus_drakus

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Marigold and Pintsize's lovechild
« Reply #154 on: 20 Nov 2009, 15:18 »

I have totaly got to show this one to my lesbian friend, get a 'proper' opinion on the situation... Probably helps that she kinda reminds me of Tai...
EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER!!

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #155 on: 20 Nov 2009, 15:36 »

Someday they're going to wrap—no, I won't say it. Because some silly bugger will do it, and then the world will drown in grease, slipping down the Drain of History, but only to a certain point before causing a clog. Then will be the Coming of the Giant Plunger. And maybe the fearsome god D'rain-oy.

Perhaps you were going to say 'wrap bacon in bacon'?

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

BEHOLD THE FUTURE

Thought about that one too, but you have beated me to the punch. All I've got is the deep-fried cheese-stuffed bacon patty.

What is it about bacon that makes people so crazy? I mean, there's bacon flavored mayonnaise, which is at least food, but there are even bacon flavored envelopes.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #156 on: 20 Nov 2009, 16:13 »

Must make Bacon Explosion.  I'll let you know how it turns out.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #157 on: 20 Nov 2009, 23:49 »

I had a bacon explosion once. 

Don't ask. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #158 on: 21 Nov 2009, 01:00 »

I might've expected Bailey in the bed.  Remember her?  Last seen at Tai's impromptu rave in the library, high on Ecstasy and offering make-outs.

Perhaps it's Ashley
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

syrupykeyboard

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • These dynamite walls contain us.
« Reply #159 on: 21 Nov 2009, 01:00 »

I had a bacon explosion once. 

Don't ask. 
Were the resulting medical bills covered by your insurance?
"And I don't know where I'm going yet, but it's somewhere quite a ways from here I'll bet..."

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #160 on: 21 Nov 2009, 01:18 »

Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #161 on: 21 Nov 2009, 09:33 »

Well it looks like the majority definitely agrees with Ellen—they'd smack that ass. And, if not them, the Newsbox.

Thanks to all for bearing with my nonsense for a week. It's been fun.

Until Marten swaps his SG even for a stock Daisy Rock Pepper Mint, make mine QC!

Edit: the comic in question. http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=386
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2009, 15:49 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #162 on: 21 Nov 2009, 12:56 »

library girl turns out to be ellens's sister and comedy ensues....
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #163 on: 21 Nov 2009, 15:57 »

Oh, God, those portmanteaux get me seething.  Like a man should delete all his male contacts the minute he graduates Skull & Bones.  "Man-" or "guy-" too.  "Guyliner?"  "Man-purse?"  It's a fucking purse!  Call it a "handbag" or a "tote bag" if you want to sound less feminine, but...don't do this!

And "manorexia"...dear God.  Taking a disease and putting "man" in front of it - what the hell do you think you're doing?  Really?

I always preferred putting the word "action" in front of it. Action Purse, Action Eyeliner, Action Belt, etc. It keeps it from being an obnoxious portmanteau and keeps it gender neutral.

Heh heh...Action Purse sounds like another name for a ballsack.

Daisy Rock Pepper Mint

A friend of my cousin's plays one of those in his speed metal band.  People think it's a joke until they realize that he is a fucking epic guitarist.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

ysth

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • capital eszet
« Reply #164 on: 21 Nov 2009, 20:50 »

Seethe harder

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #165 on: 21 Nov 2009, 21:50 »

Daisy Rock Pepper Mint
A friend of my cousin's plays one of those in his speed metal band.  People think it's a joke until they realize that he is a fucking epic guitarist.
Completely stock, no mods? And being epic might help a tad. Saw a guy once pull some fine blues out of one guitar string secured to a stick. But I couldn't do it.

I seriously thought about buying a Daisy guitar (a better model) because I've relatively teeny hands and am comfortable in my masculinity.  :-D But no stores around here (I have about three within 150 miles, the closest is 75) carry them, or didn't last time I called. I am hesitant indeed to buy one without trying it first.

I actually wanted to use a Sears Mini-shark (yes, shaped like a shark) in my post, but I couldn't find a picture. To get an idea, the volume pot is the shark's eye.  The reviewer makes it sound okay, but I keep picturing the neck overbalancing the body and shaking my head.

Anyway, as Marten doesn't seem to be epic, he'd better stick to the SG. Also, while I'm on the subject, I think the only thing worse than treating comic characters like they're real is treating their guitars like they are real. Which is why it's really embarrassing how I cringe when I read the strip in which Nat throws down the Jackson. Ouch, ouch, ouch!

Maybe  I could call it an Action Daisy. Or maybe not.
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2009, 21:55 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Random832

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #166 on: 21 Nov 2009, 21:55 »

I actually wanted to use a Sears Mini-shark (yes, shaped like a shark) in my post, but I couldn't find a picture. To get an idea, the volume pot is the shark's eye.  The reviewer makes it sound okay, but I keep picturing the neck overbalancing the body and shaking my head.

Could it mean a design like this?

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #167 on: 22 Nov 2009, 16:06 »

Daisy Rock Pepper Mint
A friend of my cousin's plays one of those in his speed metal band.  People think it's a joke until they realize that he is a fucking epic guitarist.
Completely stock, no mods? And being epic might help a tad. Saw a guy once pull some fine blues out of one guitar string secured to a stick. But I couldn't do it.

I don't know about what mods he has, but the image of a flower-shaped guitar in a speed metal band cracks me up.

...I cringe when I read the strip in which Nat throws down the Jackson. Ouch, ouch, ouch!

Don't worry, I do too.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up