THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: lol canada  (Read 107592 times)

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
Re: lol canada
« Reply #100 on: 17 Jun 2011, 04:44 »

Hey so this is a bit old, but on going to and from canada, when I went with allison to go hang with dovey, I had a backpack, the guy called me up and was like "what's in the backpack?" I was like "toothbrush, clothes, deodorant" and he was all "okay, you're good" without even so much as taking a quick look inside. Meanwhile a group of brown people were getting their luggage torn apart.
On the way back into the states, they do a xray thing, and there were two hasidic jewish guys on the bus, and I guess they had to have all kinds of background checks and extra questioning. But the dudes knew they would so they were first off the bus.
DISCRIMINATION WOO!
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #101 on: 17 Jun 2011, 04:50 »

The only place I've ever been searched was in Beijing Capital International Airport. I was giggling the whole time.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #102 on: 17 Jun 2011, 04:53 »

I had a backpack, the guy called me up and was like "what's in the backpack?" I was like "toothbrush, clothes, deodorant" and he was all "okay, you're good"

For a more interesting experience, you could have reminded him that the July 7th 2005 bombers in London carried their bombs in backpacks.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #103 on: 17 Jun 2011, 09:57 »

Hey so this is a bit old, but on going to and from canada, when I went with allison to go hang with dovey, I had a backpack, the guy called me up and was like "what's in the backpack?" I was like "toothbrush, clothes, deodorant" and he was all "okay, you're good" without even so much as taking a quick look inside. Meanwhile a group of brown people were getting their luggage torn apart.
On the way back into the states, they do a xray thing, and there were two hasidic jewish guys on the bus, and I guess they had to have all kinds of background checks and extra questioning. But the dudes knew they would so they were first off the bus.
DISCRIMINATION WOO!

When my family came up for the holidays last December my brother in law(a black dude) was the only one who got checked at the airport, despite having a wife and two kids.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2011, 14:18 by JD »
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #104 on: 18 Jun 2011, 00:24 »

Clearly he hired those actors to hide something.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #105 on: 18 Jun 2011, 01:51 »

I once made the mistake of going to the Victoria and Albert museum whilst carrying a month's worth of luggage (I think I was on my way to Jens and Kris's for Christmas and I had one bag entirely full of Christmas presents). The guy at the front desk sort of blinked at the number of bags, asked me to open each one and just looked at the top layer of things in the bags, not even moving things around to see what was under them. We're talking a 60 litre rucksack, a large suitcase, a shoulder bag and a travel bag all filled with stuff. I could have been carrying anything in there - body of a small child, a variety of bombs, smuggled Asian art that I'd snuck out of the exhibit, anything at all.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #106 on: 18 Jun 2011, 03:50 »

When I went to Boston I got checked leaving Sydney. I guess because it was like, 40C heat and I was wearing jeans, boots and was carrying a heavy leather overcoat. No one gave me a second look in Boston where it was about -12C. It was ok, I knew it would happen. I have made certain choices about how I look and I'm prepared for the consequences.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up