THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 05:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

And yes, it is time for... THE MOMENT... OF... THE WEEK!

Momo and Sam meet Marigold!
- 0 (0%)
Did you know there is a swamp down by the bike trail?
- 3 (5.9%)
ALL HAIL FROGLORD, KING OF THE AMPHIBIANS
- 15 (29.4%)
You could put her in the dishwasher!
- 1 (2%)
I am not some kind of kitchen appliance.
- 0 (0%)
Marigold consults the manual:
- 0 (0%)
"...the chassis' covering may be removed and placed in a dishwasher..." I'M TAKING A SHOWER.
- 2 (3.9%)
Momo! You're all wet! Did you fall in a LAKE?
- 1 (2%)
SQEEEEK (Hee)
- 0 (0%)
Heeeehee(SQUEEEK)STOPPIT
- 2 (3.9%)
Faye informs Raven about Padma
- 0 (0%)
Dora inquires - Shoes? YES I LOVE SHOES.
- 1 (2%)
BS. What were you really talking about?
- 0 (0%)
How do you know?
- 0 (0%)
Raven's a terrible liar.
- 0 (0%)
Same ratty Chucks since I met you.
- 0 (0%)
The right one might be a rat carcass.
- 0 (0%)
Duck duck duck BOOBS!
- 16 (31.4%)
ARGAFARGL YOU ARE SO DEAD
- 6 (11.8%)
Note to self: start knocking before entering your apartment.
- 4 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2026-2030 (3-7 October 2011)  (Read 68357 times)

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
Re: WCDT: 2026-2030 (3-7 October 2011)
« Reply #200 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:31 »

Raven and Dora just do not look... right for some reason.
Yes, I know, Dora's got a new hairdo. But Raven's face doesn't look right in that last panel.
Meh. I know, Jeph doesn't care. Still - Dora and Raven need to visit the local salon.

What? No
I actually think they look really god! Specially Dora, the only thing I was going to comment about this comic was that I think she looks really good.
Jeph doesn't care about my opinion either but still: Keep her like that!

but they are dead and have never been alife.
How can something be dead if it has never been alive in the first place?
But do you really actually have any trouble understanding what I wanted to say ? I kinda doubt that.

No, I just found that sentence weird. I'm not stupid.
Even though I find those realdolls extremely creepy I won't gold that against anyone. There are far worse people around and those are the "normal" persons. If said person was having some "quality time" with the doll in public then I would have a problem with that person.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #201 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:37 »

Raven has some shiny hair. I had an added giggle at this strip because the placement of her speech-bubble in the last panel kind of looks like it's her hair talking.

I was going to say I thought Dora was looking really good in this strip too, I'm a fan of the hair. She's got some very pink lipstick on her. Is it just me or do the girls, except for Raven, seem to be wearing less lipstick? Faye definitely doesn't wear it as much any more. Not a negative or positive thing, just something I noticed.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #202 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:43 »

Has anyone, other than maybe the Vespavenger, been portrayed as truly never being able to come back?  Even long gone Sara 's fate is the subject of speculation.  (One of these days she and Ellen will reappear, having married.)

Sara is secretly Portia de Rossi?

I kid, I kid.

Looks to me like Dora is revisiting her goth roots. Was she dressing differently before just to appeal to Marten? Or is it just laundry day?

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #203 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:48 »

[...] Momo does have that social protocol database, after all, and I suspect it includes the general consensus that naked humanoids walking around public places is a no-no.
Uh.

In many western places, thats not really such a big no-no anymore.

Care to name one?

grimeyville

• Plantmonster
« Reply #204 on: 06 Oct 2011, 08:55 »

Place your bets now! Will Dora freak out about Marten trying to date?!

Will she try to "help"!?

Will she show character growth and not do a damn thing?!

Your results may vary.

:mrgreen:
"Who Dares, Wins."

Throg

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • will accordion for food
« Reply #205 on: 06 Oct 2011, 09:04 »

I dunno, it's drama bait. 

It's one thing for Marten (and even Tai) to be all GLOOOOM-y about Dora going out on a date -- but after that talk that Marten and Dora had on the porch during Tai's party, it'd be terribly hypocritical for Dora to flip out about Marten dating. Sad or wistful, sure, but nothing beyond a moment's pause.  It's Faye and Raven that are underestimating Dora to expect she couldn't handle it. 

SQUEEZE BOX

Random Al Yousir

• Emoticontraindication
  • There will be bugs
« Reply #206 on: 06 Oct 2011, 10:20 »

[...] Momo does have that social protocol database, after all, and I suspect it includes the general consensus that naked humanoids walking around public places is a no-no.
Uh.

In many western places, that's not really such a big no-no anymore.

Care to name one?
In some German towns like München or Berlin it wasn't that uncommon an appearance in the late 80's/early 90's.

It started as a protest against stuffy morals, some people got arrested, there were discussions, and the general agreement was, that it was the more graceful way to simply accept this kind of behavior.

But it grew so much out of fashion in the last 15 years that it's highly uncommon again, these days.

The last I heard is, that in the vicinity of Karlsruhe some people, bicycling along the Rhine, naked, were ordered to dress under threat of a fine.

Of course, there are a lot of beaches where wearing bathing clothes stands out like a sore thumb.
"Just try and make it through the night without saying anything else stupid, okay?"
"Your ass looks fat in that skirt.  I mean, yes Ma'am."

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
  • All this could be yours someday
« Reply #207 on: 06 Oct 2011, 10:25 »

Will she try to "help"!?

Your results may vary.

Considering that Dora was asking Marten if he'd met any girls at the party, and that he was ogling a chick right in front of her and she just joked about it, I'd say she'll be cooler with it than Faye and Raven think. Of course, they weren't there for that conversation, so they might not know that.
"Theodore, we're 4-foot high chipmunks. We're proof that god is dead."
- Alvin

Paranoid

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #208 on: 06 Oct 2011, 10:35 »

Dora being terribly hypocritical?  Perish the thought... :evil:
Seriously, Faye and Raven have more than enough justification to be worried about this.  Don't get me wrong, I like Dora.  It's Marten's gf from strips 565 to 1799 that I had issues with.  Now, iduguphergrave makes a good point about Dora kidding Marten about ogling someone, but there is a difference between ogling and actively pursuing.  Hopefully she'll be calm about it, but people aren't always rational.  Of course, there's also the chance that Dora would have been cool about it except the fact that noone expecting her to be cool about it gets her all riled up and overreacting and I think I'll stop over-analyzing now.  We'll find out soon enough I expect: if not tomorrow than probably Monday.

As for the idea of western places where nudity is acceptable, I seriously doubt Northampton is one of them.  Besides, look at how uncomfortable everyone gets when Tai starts stripping.  Surely Momo's social protocol database would have informed her that whatever the norm is around Northampton concerning casual nudity that her owner and new friends have (mostly) decided against it.

All my $.02, as usual.
"It's not safe there."

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #209 on: 06 Oct 2011, 12:17 »

Northampton is not San Francisco. Though it was indoors and only women around. Maybe not being seen naked is part of Momo's campaign to assume human dignity. Or maybe Jeph didn't want to draw nudity.
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2011, 16:12 by Is it cold in here? »
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

stoutfiles

• BANNED
  • Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #210 on: 06 Oct 2011, 12:48 »

Will she try to "help"!?

Your results may vary.

Or Faye could just tell her to mind her own business.  Interrupting a conversation does not mean you get to know what it was about.

Then again, she is the boss and Faye/Raven aren't doing anything productive as usual.  I'd hire some more efficient robots to replace them.

SirDudley

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Hope's Bright (Night)Light
« Reply #211 on: 06 Oct 2011, 12:50 »

Ya know.....I kinda can see Faye wearing a dead rat carcass for shoes. In some post-apocalyptic alternate universe, mind you.
Disclaimer: Avatar image does not reflect user's true identity.

ecstaticjoy

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • I like math
« Reply #212 on: 06 Oct 2011, 13:58 »

Ya know.....I kinda can see Faye wearing a dead rat carcass for shoes. In some post-apocalyptic alternate universe, mind you.

Hey wouldn't it be cool if QC had a post-apocalyptic alternate universe week/month/year? Who do you think would get killed first? Who would survive the longest?

gangler

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #213 on: 06 Oct 2011, 14:10 »

Faye would totally be the big tough guy who gets killed off to display how badass someone else is.

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #214 on: 06 Oct 2011, 15:40 »

Hannelore would likely survive because she probably has an impenetrable shelter someplace, stocked with 30 years of food, water, and Mr. Clean products.  Or a hidden spacecraft, allowing her to return to her father's space habitat.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #215 on: 06 Oct 2011, 16:14 »

Faye is not indifferent to shoes: it's probably a matter of affordability.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #216 on: 06 Oct 2011, 16:28 »

Or she wears the ratty old pair to work because they are broken in (half) and super-comfortable to be standing up in all friggin' day.

Betcha she has at least one pair of dancin' shoes stuffed in her closet somewhere, and maybe a pair of seducin' ones too.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #217 on: 06 Oct 2011, 16:54 »

super-comfortable to be standing up in all friggin' day.

This is what shoes are for.

This is the only thing shoes are ever for.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #218 on: 06 Oct 2011, 17:04 »

Or she wears the ratty old pair to work because they are broken in (half) and super-comfortable to be standing up in all friggin' day.

Betcha she has at least one pair of dancin' shoes stuffed in her closet somewhere, and maybe a pair of seducin' ones too.

Sandals at least once. Hope she had a nicer pair of shoes to go with her date-with-Angus dress, or at least a newer pair of Chucks.

OK, I've crossed some sort of line. What should we call the QC equivalent of "Trekkie"? "Questie" is sort of taken.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #219 on: 06 Oct 2011, 17:12 »

There's an official word on the question of why Momo thought it necessary to wear a towel:
Quote from: Jeph
I’m not answering any of these kinds of questions, nor do I plan on ever doing anything cheesecakey with Momo in the comic, because that would be creepy.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #220 on: 06 Oct 2011, 17:18 »

I'm just concerned things could get outta hand and they all end up crossing the Shoe Event Horizon
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #221 on: 06 Oct 2011, 19:04 »

There's an official word on the question of why Momo thought it necessary to wear a towel:
I’m not answering any of these kinds of questions, nor do I plan on ever doing anything cheesecakey with Momo in the comic, because that would be creepy.
So the official word is that there never will be official word.  Which is of course absurd, because everybody's heard that the :psyduck: is the word.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #222 on: 06 Oct 2011, 20:02 »

Oh God, I have Peter Griffin stuck in my head again now.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #223 on: 06 Oct 2011, 21:29 »

I thought Grease was the word.

Aaanyway I like the new forum subtext "The content here is questionable". Not quite as succinct as FFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffff but still gets the point across.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

rje

« Reply #224 on: 06 Oct 2011, 22:28 »

omg am I gonna be the first???
okay!
*deep breath* hhhhhhhhhhh------------------

AWWWWWWWWWW!!

No srsly aw that is adorable
I think those playful little games you have are one of the things I miss the most about relationships
Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free.

gangler

« Reply #225 on: 06 Oct 2011, 22:39 »

I can relate to Marten here. Normal couple activities are fine, but walk in on something truly adorable like that and I'm sitting here like "I knew I was single, but I don't think I realized I was bitter until just now".

Ah, fun. Seriously too cute. Had a moment of shock like "OMG is she cool with this?" and then had to check her facial expression. Hilarious and heartwarming all at once. It's pretty cool that Angus seems to be helping Faye out with a lot of her issues. I seem to recall a strip where Faye set up a scenario like this as some manner of nightmare fodder for her when meeting Marten's mom. Seeing her able to frolic this way without problem has to be one of the more enjoyable types of character growth.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #226 on: 06 Oct 2011, 22:42 »

Now he's on the other side of the ear-fucking incident! :mrgreen:
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #227 on: 06 Oct 2011, 22:42 »

So, will this early comic satisfy this week's Entitled Jerk?

Faye must have more than one of those shirts in her closet given how many times she's worn it.

Blackjoker

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #228 on: 06 Oct 2011, 22:45 »

Seriously?  Personally I put it on par with being excessively tickled by someone even though you asked them to stop.  I'm not exactly Mr. Sociable in real life, but even I know that this is perfectly common and acceptable behavior when among close friends, and I would like to think that Hannelore and Momo are becoming close friends by now.  We've seen much worse behavior between friends on this comic in the past: just look at Faye and Marten.  Surely the robotic equivalent of a poke or tickle can hardly be called rude, especially in this context.  Now, if Hannelore whines about the upcoming payback Momo is planning on dishing out it'd be a different story, but I really don't see that happening.

I actually find myself agreeing with Stoutflies on this. While it is sort of...nice to see Hannelore able to overcome a hangup this isn't a nice way of doing it. I can't think of a good comparison that doesn't sound creepy, so after trying for a bit I'll just state it simply. Hannelore is doing to Momo something that she would HATE having done to her. Fear of touch aside, it seems kind of mean. I have a suspicion that had it not been Hannelore doing it, say had it been Faye or Dora, there would have been more 'Leave Momo alone' comments made.

I like the way we've previously had an AnthroPC duct-taped to a wall, shut in a freezer and punched so hard it needed repair, but seeing one getting prodded is where people draw the line... (and this was basically my first thought as well).

In the cases where this happened Pintsize had also insulted or assaulted people. IE there was a nature of punishment involved. With this Momo is asking her to stop and she wasn't. I'm not calling it a grand crime, I think it was kinda rude. And I also made the point that if someone other than Hannelore had done it reactions might be different. As to todays comic...poor Marten.

Edit: I don't know how but apparently I accidentally put my response IN the RE block showing what I was responding to. I apoligize, I am made of idiot and my hovercraft is full of eels.
I strongly reccomend that we daily check our walrus slots to ensure that we are able to avoid walrus backup.

CompSarge

• Furry furrier
  • I put the "sexy" in "dyslexic"
    • Sarge's Art and Story Blog
« Reply #229 on: 06 Oct 2011, 22:50 »

*writes down "duck duck boobs" for future use*

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #230 on: 06 Oct 2011, 22:54 »

So, will this early comic satisfy this week's Entitled Jerk?

Nothing will ever satsify the Entitled Jerks of the world.

Don't even try.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #231 on: 06 Oct 2011, 22:55 »

Don't think I'm game to try that game out on my partner.  :-o
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #232 on: 06 Oct 2011, 23:25 »

Quote from: from Jeph's newspost below the comic
Angus is going to think this is a lot less cute when Faye plays duck duck balls

Ow. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #234 on: 06 Oct 2011, 23:39 »

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Skaltura

• Furry furrier
« Reply #235 on: 06 Oct 2011, 23:46 »

Great tits.

I think she likes it.

emeraldbeacon

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #236 on: 07 Oct 2011, 00:03 »

Of course not.

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it
« Reply #237 on: 07 Oct 2011, 00:06 »

OK, I've crossed some sort of line. What should we call the QC equivalent of "Trekkie"? "Questie" is sort of taken.

OneOfUs?

QCHolicsNonAnonymous?

Neither sounds good, me thinks. We may need help from an outsider.
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #238 on: 07 Oct 2011, 00:24 »

Forumites?
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #239 on: 07 Oct 2011, 00:27 »

CoDdies?  Kewcies (say it aloud)?
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2011, 00:44 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Random Al Yousir

• Emoticontraindication
  • There will be bugs
« Reply #240 on: 07 Oct 2011, 00:29 »

Damn!  A minute to slow.

I had the same idea.  QCs, rhyming with "cuties".
"Just try and make it through the night without saying anything else stupid, okay?"
"Your ass looks fat in that skirt.  I mean, yes Ma'am."

Skaltura

• Furry furrier
« Reply #241 on: 07 Oct 2011, 00:31 »

I thought we were dick-broom handlers? Or is that just a specific subgroup?

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #242 on: 07 Oct 2011, 00:33 »

Of course not.

Err ... you think thats CREEPY ?!?  :-o ???
Carpe Diem

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART
« Reply #243 on: 07 Oct 2011, 00:53 »

Creepy enough to dislocate Jeph's argument's shoulders at least.

@Comic:
ARGAFARGL needs to be a bandname! Who's with me?
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt

WAYF

• Beyoncé
« Reply #244 on: 07 Oct 2011, 01:03 »

I think ... or hope... that Faye will spend the next few minutes laughing too hard to deliver horrific retributions upon Angus.

In any event, I think this is likely to be Angus's way of getting Faye to loosen up.
In some sort of "all or nothing" kind of way. :P

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #245 on: 07 Oct 2011, 01:04 »

@Comic:

I am! Thrash metal! NOW
- Alvin

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #246 on: 07 Oct 2011, 02:13 »

Angus is going to this this is a lot less cute when Faye plays duck duck balls. 

Am I the only one who has a hard time to figure out what Jeph wanted to say ?
Carpe Diem

iduguphergrave

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #247 on: 07 Oct 2011, 02:26 »

You did read the comic preceding the newspost right? That illuminates it quite a bit.
- Alvin

Kyronea

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #248 on: 07 Oct 2011, 02:34 »

OneOfUs?

QCHolicsNonAnonymous?

Neither sounds good, me thinks. We may need help from an outsider.
Questionable Fans.

Anyway, Duck Duck Boobs seems like a fun game.

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART
« Reply #249 on: 07 Oct 2011, 03:03 »

@Comic:
I am! Thrash metal! NOW
Our first album will be called "GUNURGLHURR" and it will feature singles like "HORGRR" and "AARDVAARK" (a song about an extraordinarily brave aardvark twice as long as a normal one).
Our sound will be based around playing various instruments by shouting loudly at them.
Our stage show will be that of Amon Amarth, only with less vikings and more ducks and boobs.

@Kyronea:
Very boring game if you're a girl, I imagine.
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up