THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 05:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 70   Go Down

Author Topic: This thread is like a broken pencil: pointless.  (Read 725178 times)

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Re: This thread is like a broken pencil: pointless.
« Reply #50 on: 12 Apr 2015, 07:39 »

most movies about unruly dinner guests don’t go down a 5 hour tangent about dragons. you gotta respect the hobbit for that

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #51 on: 12 Apr 2015, 08:15 »

I hate the fact that embedding can be disabled. That should not be an option.

And some content creators don't want their videos featured on other people's websites, and I think it's their right to have the power to decide against that.
I don't, nor do I think they should choose what countries it's viewable in. The latter angers me more though.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #52 on: 12 Apr 2015, 08:30 »

Wait, hang on a second, you think that someone who has made a video should get no say in who is using something they have created to benefit themselves?
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #53 on: 12 Apr 2015, 08:43 »

You might have a point with the embedding (since everyone can go to Youtube), but not the countries. I don't see why that's ok.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

K1dmor

• Beyoncé
« Reply #54 on: 12 Apr 2015, 09:14 »

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #55 on: 12 Apr 2015, 09:28 »

Rule 15 is one reason I'm very happy not to have roommates now.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #56 on: 12 Apr 2015, 10:42 »

I mean... I liked it...
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #57 on: 12 Apr 2015, 11:19 »

Shouldn't that go in the pun thread?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The Seldom Killer

• Only pretending to work
  • More witless shite ----->
« Reply #58 on: 12 Apr 2015, 12:26 »

That't not a pun, that's a double entendre.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #59 on: 12 Apr 2015, 13:02 »

Single one, at best.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #60 on: 12 Apr 2015, 14:02 »

Michigan Gothic.

- You ask your friend where he was born. He holds up his hand and points to a spot on his palm. “Oh, you’re from Grand Rapids,” you say. “No,” he replies, “look closer.” You do: there is a tiny house on his palm, with tiny parents waving up at you, asking if you’d like some lemonade. You aren’t thirsty.

- The coney island on the corner is open. You walk inside and order some gyros, then walk out for a cigarette, but find yourself in Flint. You go back inside, into the same coney island, then leave again. Now you’re in Grosse Pointe. It’s all the same coney island. Your gyros are getting cold.

- You’re driving through the Upper Peninsula, and stop for gas. The pump dispenses nothing but unrefined, crude oil. You enter the station, but the attendant only speaks ancient Cornish. A horn blows: the hunt begins.

- You cross 8 Mile and enter the city of Detroit. Your eyebrows are stolen before you travel fifty feet. Then your socks. Then your kidney. Eminem asks you if its pronounced “de-TROIT” or “DEE-troit.” You have no answer, and he hands you a can of Vernors. It tastes like road salt, and regret.

- Faygo. Its everywhere. You go into Meijer. The shelves are lined with Faygo. You go to school, and they serve Faygo for lunch. In the pipes of your house: Faygo. In your veins: Faygo. Moon Mist, if you’re not mistaken.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #62 on: 12 Apr 2015, 14:20 »

Dammit Paul, now I can't breathe  :laugh:
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #63 on: 12 Apr 2015, 15:22 »

That's what happens when you view things from space without a suit.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #64 on: 12 Apr 2015, 15:41 »

And the rubber-band Earth and Moon continue to damage productivity world-wide...

The photo looked wrong to me. The diameter of the Moon is slightly more than one quarter of the Earth's. The rubber-band Moon is too small. Yes, I loaded the pic into GIMP and measured the respective diameters.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #65 on: 12 Apr 2015, 15:57 »

Yeah, if that Paul guy went through the trouble of wrapping those rubber bands together he could easily have also looked up the correct diameter ratio for the earth and moon. 5/10 procrastination.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #66 on: 12 Apr 2015, 17:01 »

"Well, this is awkward..." -The guy.

Been playing fallout 3 and I didn't realize until today that there is a second person to save in the Germantown PD office.  Saved both people and taught Bigtown how to defend themselves.  Bittercup is sweet on me.
« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2015, 17:06 by LeeC »
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #67 on: 12 Apr 2015, 19:47 »

A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #68 on: 12 Apr 2015, 20:22 »

"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #70 on: 13 Apr 2015, 07:51 »

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?
« Reply #71 on: 13 Apr 2015, 10:05 »

Michigan Gothic.

- You ask your friend where he was born. He holds up his hand and points to a spot on his palm. “Oh, you’re from Grand Rapids,” you say. “No,” he replies, “look closer.” You do: there is a tiny house on his palm, with tiny parents waving up at you, asking if you’d like some lemonade. You aren’t thirsty.

- The coney island on the corner is open. You walk inside and order some gyros, then walk out for a cigarette, but find yourself in Flint. You go back inside, into the same coney island, then leave again. Now you’re in Grosse Pointe. It’s all the same coney island. Your gyros are getting cold.

- You’re driving through the Upper Peninsula, and stop for gas. The pump dispenses nothing but unrefined, crude oil. You enter the station, but the attendant only speaks ancient Cornish. A horn blows: the hunt begins.

- You cross 8 Mile and enter the city of Detroit. Your eyebrows are stolen before you travel fifty feet. Then your socks. Then your kidney. Eminem asks you if its pronounced “de-TROIT” or “DEE-troit.” You have no answer, and he hands you a can of Vernors. It tastes like road salt, and regret.

- Faygo. Its everywhere. You go into Meijer. The shelves are lined with Faygo. You go to school, and they serve Faygo for lunch. In the pipes of your house: Faygo. In your veins: Faygo. Moon Mist, if you’re not mistaken.

Where did this come from? I'd love to quote it for MI friends on Facebook, including my daughter, who grew up 1 1/2 miles north of 8 mile and went to high school about 1/3 of a mile north of it.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #73 on: 13 Apr 2015, 17:04 »

Michigan Gothic.
The woods around the Saginaw valley town are red and gold and full of men with rifles. All night, freight-trains call out, howling in the dark. The desk-clerk at the Best Western has light blond hair, and empty pale blue eyes. He stares at you all the time. The town is full of people who look like him. They stare too.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #74 on: 15 Apr 2015, 00:28 »

An idyllic scene, right?

Except that hill isn't natural.  It's a debris mound in Germany from WWII.  Some of them reach over 200 feet high.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #75 on: 15 Apr 2015, 02:04 »

Berlin is full of those.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #76 on: 15 Apr 2015, 06:04 »

Michigan Gothic.

Where did this come from? I'd love to quote it for MI friends on Facebook, including my daughter, who grew up 1 1/2 miles north of 8 mile and went to high school about 1/3 of a mile north of it.

I got it from here

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #77 on: 15 Apr 2015, 15:22 »

Ask and ye shall receive
James The Kugai 

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #78 on: 15 Apr 2015, 15:25 »

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #79 on: 16 Apr 2015, 06:40 »

I hate the fact that embedding can be disabled. That should not be an option.

And some content creators don't want their videos featured on other people's websites, and I think it's their right to have the power to decide against that.
I don't, nor do I think they should choose what countries it's viewable in. The latter angers me more though.

I'm a few days late but as I understand it's actually the advertisers and copyright holders causing your problems depending on if the creator monetizes their video. Although I also think content creators have the right to attempt to control distribution of their product any way.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #80 on: 16 Apr 2015, 06:52 »

My objection is that the internet should be above matters of country. What's publicly accessible online in one place should* be accessible everywhere.

*obviously this isn't the case, but that doesn't mean I can't hate that

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #81 on: 16 Apr 2015, 09:23 »

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #82 on: 16 Apr 2015, 09:37 »

Oh boo hoo.

I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #83 on: 16 Apr 2015, 18:31 »

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #84 on: 16 Apr 2015, 18:59 »

Heh... Two states in the USA have populations larger than the whole of Australia. But then my home town has a population larger than the whole of Australia. A similar map of the USA in units of Shanghai (call it twenty-four million) would be amusing. Or a map of China's population density in units of the USA...  :wink:

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #85 on: 16 Apr 2015, 19:47 »

I always thought it was funny that your player character in Pokemon is 10 years old. Like, yeah, they’re “anime ten” where they look at least 18 yadda yadda, but they’re still ten.

Imagine the people in the Pokemon League. These are fully grown adults, right? They’ve trained their entire lives to be the best trainers in their country. They’re the best of the best. And then a ten year old walks in. A high and mighty four foot tall ten year old with a big smile on their face walks in. They’ve never even seen a tity. They don’t know where babies come from. They’re ten.

How did this ten year old get in to your arena? Did they wander in here by mistake? They say they’re here to battle you. Aww, how cute. This kid wants to fight the big league trainers, so they snuck in to fight you. That’s cute and funny. You’ll tell the others about this next lunch break. You decide to humor the kid and accept their challenge. You toss out your level 50 Tyranitar. You and this Pokemon have spent decades together, you trained for ages to get it to Level 50. You’re the best trainer in the country.

The kid reaches on their belt and tosses a Master Ball. Wait, what? A Master Ball? How did that kid get a Master Ball? Out of the master ball pops…

God.

God popped out of the Master Ball.

The very same God Pokemon that controls the flow of space, that you go to church and pray to every Sunday.

This ten year old kid just pulled out a Master Ball and threw God at you. God is, in fact, Level 73.

God shoots Hyper Beam at your life-long partner Tyranitar, causing it to evaporate in to dust. He’s fainted in one hit. The kid yawns.

The kid wipes your entire party of Pokemon, the Pokemon you spent most of your adult life training and caring for. You are stunned. You ask the trainer how long they’ve been doing this. They say “I started a couple of days ago.”

This kid is ten.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #86 on: 16 Apr 2015, 21:17 »

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #87 on: 17 Apr 2015, 14:01 »

He's about to have a fantastic point of view of your hand in his face.

*pokemon snip*

That's almost how I feel about Gaige on BL2. She's literally a schoolgirl. Her highest acts of badassery are rejecting hot cocoa and screaming "Smash the system" in her echocasts. Also building a mechanical left arm for herself with the right arm because she cut her actual left arm off, but that's a different story. At 5'3" and an undisclosed but highly reduced body mass (I'm willing to think that even with a left arm of solid steel as hers she doesn't top 120lbs), you'd need a minimum of 3 Gaiges to make up any of the enemies you face or even the other characters you control. And her presentation involves a moderately malfunctioning robot at the Eden-5 planetary science fair.

Of course, she's by far the most destructive character in the game. Also, public enemy number 1.

As you might have noticed, that's my main character xD
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #88 on: 17 Apr 2015, 18:41 »

An idyllic scene, right?

Except that hill isn't natural.  It's a debris mound in Germany from WWII.  Some of them reach over 200 feet high.

"I am the grass. Let me work."
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Undrneath

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #89 on: 17 Apr 2015, 21:24 »

Just popped in to point out that depending on how it has been broken if you sharpen it a broken pencil can have many points.

Carry on.
__________oO0___(_O_  _O_)___0Oo_____________
                                     U
                                   Kilroy wuz here

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2015, 21:49 by Kugai »
James The Kugai 

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #92 on: 18 Apr 2015, 14:54 »

That's a dodgy-looking link if ever I saw one.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #93 on: 18 Apr 2015, 14:57 »

Isn't that what Facebook photo links always look like?
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #94 on: 18 Apr 2015, 16:55 »

There are times when you wanna hide the url behind a short phrase or sentence, this is one of those times. No, actually, every time is one of those times. Just url is awful

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #95 on: 19 Apr 2015, 07:57 »

General Grievous as an anime school girl
https://imgur.com/gallery/QSAWD

The new Ginyu Force

« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2015, 09:11 by LeeC »

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
« Reply #96 on: 19 Apr 2015, 12:43 »

Fixed the Link further up.

And Grievous is cute  :D
James The Kugai 

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #97 on: 19 Apr 2015, 13:27 »

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #98 on: 19 Apr 2015, 15:15 »

Fixed the Link further up.

And Grievous is cute  :D

(disturbingly) cute in pics 3 and 8.
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 70   Go Up