THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 05:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What new storyline do you want? (Choose two)

Marten & Claire - Claire wants Marten to be more proactive
- 11 (8.7%)
Faye & Bubbles - Is there anything more than friendship?
- 20 (15.9%)
Marten, Veronica and the Beans - Is Marten jealous of what a good stepmom she is to Sam?
- 8 (6.3%)
Faye, Bubbles & Sam - The further adventures of Union Robotics
- 20 (15.9%)
Dale and Marigold - A meditation on DLC and Micro-transactions
- 7 (5.6%)
Momo & May - We were teenage robots at large!
- 10 (7.9%)
Hannelore & Sven - The're clearly friends but what do they do together?
- 11 (8.7%)
Dora and Emily - A double-act making double-lattes!
- 6 (4.8%)
MOAR TILLY! - Let's see what they can do beyond their relationship with Hannelore!
- 6 (4.8%)
Brun, Elliott & Clinton - Lives collide at The Horrible Revelation
- 21 (16.7%)
Other (Please specify in your comment)
- 6 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3631 to 3635 (11th to 15th December 2017  (Read 53433 times)

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
Re: WCDT Strips 3631 to 3635 (11th to 15th December 2017
« Reply #100 on: 13 Dec 2017, 02:21 »

New Comic Up!

You know, having taken a moment to think about it, this is the moment for which Jeph created the character of Tilly. Someone he can have Claire bounce off of indefinitely. Marten is happy that he's found a friend for his GF who shares her interests. Hannelore hopes that Tilly will be sufficiently distracted to keep them out of her way.

Panel 4 really makes me wonder if Tilly is about to explode with glee! Seriously, she's on an escalating excitement rebound reaction!

Just wait until Brun enters that game...
"Courage is freedom and freedom is happiness" --Thucydides

oeoek

• Furry furrier
    • friggin artists!
« Reply #101 on: 13 Dec 2017, 02:24 »

Is there any way we can shove the forum pun jar into the comic? We might be able to take a forum cruise with the proceeds...
(waiting for Brun to join in)

(edit: crap, thwarted by faster keyboarder)
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2017, 13:25 by oeoek »

Bad Superman

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #102 on: 13 Dec 2017, 02:27 »

Me, talking in that raspy Rorschach-voice:
"The accumulated incidents of unwanted intrusion and desperate attempts at being funny will foam up about their waist and a crappy character will look up and shout 'Like me!'... and I'll whisper 'no.' "

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #103 on: 13 Dec 2017, 02:42 »

My idea of QC Hell.
Claire and Taffy (WE CAN USE THAT NAME NOW!) being the focus of a strip...

Ohh...

OH !!!

(Now, I'm sure you are aware I can't bare the whole shipping stuff... But... maybe there's a way out...
Claire and Taffy hit it off SO much... they become an item! (And vanish off the face of the strip!)

Two birds - one stone!
Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.....!!!
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #104 on: 13 Dec 2017, 02:48 »

If Tilly looks at the expressions Hannelore has had on her face, there is only one thing they can do if they're a DHB.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.
« Reply #105 on: 13 Dec 2017, 03:15 »

District Health Board? Dihydroxybenzene? Deutscher Handballbund?

Marco

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Not quite an earthling
« Reply #106 on: 13 Dec 2017, 03:27 »

District Health Board? Dihydroxybenzene? Deutscher Handballbund?

http://www.dhb.com.br/

Bad Superman

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #107 on: 13 Dec 2017, 03:27 »

Decent Human Being?

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #108 on: 13 Dec 2017, 03:38 »

If Tilly looks at the expressions Hannelore has had on her face, there is only one thing they can do if they're a DHB.

FWIW, I think that Tilly is fooling themselves on this matter. They're telling themselves: "After I show my worth, all sins will be forgiven and Ms Ellicott-Chatham will be glad to have me!" I honestly think that they'll be heartbroken if and when Hannelore tells them, frankly, why she doesn't want them to continue.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

TheEvilDog

« Reply #109 on: 13 Dec 2017, 04:24 »

Okay, we're now starting to get into "Teeth pulling" levels of tedium with this story arc.

I mean, what are Claire and Marten doing there? Did they pop round for a coffee and just happen to meet Tilly? Did Hanners invite them over to distract her PA so she could get some work done in peace? I mean, there's nothing to set up the meeting of Claire and Tilly, it's just happening.

The comics from yesterday and today make me wonder are we seeing a rapid rush to finish the story because its petering out or is Jeph trying to get Tilly accepted by the rest of Hanners' circle of friends? Guess we'll find out Friday.

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #110 on: 13 Dec 2017, 04:31 »

The comics from yesterday and today make me wonder are we seeing a rapid rush to finish the story because its petering out or is Jeph trying to get Tilly accepted by the rest of Hanners' circle of friends? Guess we'll find out Friday.

I'm not sure - to me it seems that it is the quick round of acceptance. Although, I do think that Tilly'll be dismissed.

I honestly think that they'll be heartbroken if and when Hannelore tells them, frankly, why she doesn't want them to continue.
I do agree there; I still think they're genuinely trying their oblivious best.

(Now, I'm sure you are aware I can't bare the whole shipping stuff... But... maybe there's a way out...
Claire and Taffy hit it off SO much... they become an item! (And vanish off the face of the strip!)
That's exactly what I thought when I saw today's comic. What with the hinted tensions between Claire and Marten...
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

gopher

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #111 on: 13 Dec 2017, 04:34 »

Had a thought. Now that the excellent Alice Grove is complete maybe move Brun, Claire and Tilly to their own strip where Mr Jaques can exercise his pun muscles and people who enjoy that kind of thing can read it?

Timemaster

• Master of Time
« Reply #112 on: 13 Dec 2017, 05:25 »

God, I love this!  :laugh:

Claire and Tilly really hit it off. How to call it?
Clailly? Tillaire? Claffy? Taffilly?  :-D

TM
Relax, it's just a comic.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #113 on: 13 Dec 2017, 05:45 »

I love Claire and Tilly's interaction in this strip. I do want to hear more from Hanners soon though. She might perk up more at the end of the 48 hours.

dutchrvl

« Reply #114 on: 13 Dec 2017, 06:01 »

Okay, we're now starting to get into "Teeth pulling" levels of tedium with this story arc.

I mean, what are Claire and Marten doing there? Did they pop round for a coffee and just happen to meet Tilly? Did Hanners invite them over to distract her PA so she could get some work done in peace? I mean, there's nothing to set up the meeting of Claire and Tilly, it's just happening.

Rush to finish the story? Hm, maybe, but frankly, there hasn't really been a story. If Tilly is dismissed and QC then continues as before Tilly appeared, then the whole arc would have been utterly pointless. My guess is that Hanners will likely dismiss them after the 48 hours, after which the Tilly-arc continues in some shape or form, e.g. by examining the impact this experience has had on Hanners, or following Tilly to interactions with Hanners' mom or Tilly's dad.

Of course there is also the small possibility that this Tilly arc was solely introduced by JJ to have a nonbinary character in QC and illuminate the proper they/them pronoun use to the QC readership.....I certainly hope that is not the case though.

Or....perhaps this was a test by Hanners' mom to see whether Hanners is tough enough to tell Tily the truth and to dismiss somebody.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #115 on: 13 Dec 2017, 08:12 »

Decent Human Being.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #116 on: 13 Dec 2017, 09:05 »

Of course there is also the small possibility that this Tilly arc was solely introduced by JJ to have a nonbinary character in QC and illuminate the proper they/them pronoun use to the QC readership.....I certainly hope that is not the case though.
There's always the unthinkable possibility: that Jeph introduced it just because he likes drawing Tilly. Sometimes ab experiment is no more than that.

That being said, I do think there is a possibility that this will lead to further development for some of the cast, at least.

I wonder how this will look in a few weeks, when we're going archive diving again.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #117 on: 13 Dec 2017, 10:16 »

How?  Hannelore’s back is turned toward her.  And seeing as how her mother probably has a permanent expression of irritation I doubt Tilly would know any better if she was facing her.

OldGoat

• Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #118 on: 13 Dec 2017, 10:48 »

Marten & Faye and Hanners have always been in and out of each others' apartments since the early days of the strip (although M&F's is the more frequent venue).  An encounter, chance or otherwise, was inevitable.

Puckish Rogue

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #119 on: 13 Dec 2017, 11:10 »

Ok seriously thats enough, Give Tilly a rest so the rest of the cast can have a look in, shes had far too much exposure and its time for her to take a step back (a very long step back) and give the rest of the cast some coverage

Oh sorry i forgot, this is supposed to be "cute"

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #120 on: 13 Dec 2017, 11:20 »

They/them.

Puckish Rogue

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #121 on: 13 Dec 2017, 12:50 »

They/them.

Tilly uses they/them pronouns and thats cool for her but when someone looks like a girl, acts like a girl, talks like a girl, has a girls name and dresses like a girl I'll call her she  because I use he/she pronouns

blt

« Reply #122 on: 13 Dec 2017, 12:57 »

QuesTillyonable Content.
"I hate Fayelhotehp, She Who Smites the Morning, she's a bully and a monster."

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #123 on: 13 Dec 2017, 12:58 »

We've already had this discussion in the past two weeks of threads. There are nonbinary and trans people in this forum, you are disrespecting them as well when you refuse to honour a character's pronouns. Here's the post I made in a past thread summing up the issue.

I had the same thought while writing my last post. I had to use 'they were' instead of 's/he was' , but it only made me pause for a second. The polite option is to use for a person those pronouns that for which they have stated a preference. Is it something to which a lot of us may be unaccustomed, but I don't find it so terrible. Merely unfamiliar.

This is a good attitude.

As a they, which I feel the need to say again so people are reminded we're real people and not just a grammar connundrum to be solved, I can appreciate it is new to some and takes a bit of getting used to at first. Especially for people where English is not a first language for them.

However trying and messing up is a lot more appreciated than refusing outright, or saying we should come up with something "better". That incidentally ignores that trans and nonbinary people have already been having these discussions a long time. It's worth remembering that just because something is new to you does not mean that it is new.

This forum aims to be an inclusive space. That means we aim to be a little bit more compassionate and do a little more to make people feel welcome.

Someone telling you their pronouns is extending a level of vulnerability and trust. Turning around and saying you won't because you think you know better for whatever reason is patronising and can be so hurtful.

Moderator Comment In this space, they is a valid pronoun. As it should be everywhere but the rest of the world is still getting there. Don't tell people how to identify. Respect people's (and the characters') wishes and use the pronoun they tell you to use for them. It is that simple.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #124 on: 13 Dec 2017, 13:12 »

They/them.

Tilly uses they/them pronouns and thats cool for her but when someone looks like a girl, acts like a girl, talks like a girl, has a girls name and dresses like a girl I'll call her she  because I use he/she pronouns

By that reasoning, one might call another person a dickwaffle because if they look like a dickwaffle, act like a dickwaffle and talks like a dickwaffle, they are a dickwaffle and thus should be referred to as such.

Of course, I wouldn't dare call someone a dickwaffle, because I would at least maintain a modicum of respect for them no matter what I might think or feel about them.

Its all about respect. Everyone deserves it, even if they don't necessarily act like it.

Case

• comeback tour!
  • Putting the 'mental' into judgemental
« Reply #125 on: 13 Dec 2017, 13:23 »

God, I love this!  :laugh:

Claire and Tilly really hit it off. How to call it?
Clailly? Tillaire? Claffy? Taffilly?  :-D

TM

"Freedom is always the freedom of the dissenter" - Rosa Luxemburg
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning
"Brains are assholes" - SitnSpin

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #126 on: 13 Dec 2017, 13:55 »

Whelp. looks like all those who want Tilly to disappear at the end of this arc are NOT going to get their wish, since it looks like Tilly has officially been "adopted" by Marten and Claire. I think I can see how this is going to go; if Hannelore tries to dismiss Tilly at the end of the 48 hours, she'll be shamed into changing her mind by Marten and Claire. Or, she'll have some kind of change of heart by the end of the 48 hours and decide to keep Tilly around after all. Either way, she'll be stuck with Tilly. Along with the rest of us.  :-P

The Vanguard - superhero space opera

Timemaster

• Master of Time
« Reply #127 on: 13 Dec 2017, 14:28 »

Either way, she'll be stuck with Tilly. Along with the rest of us.

Sound  like a good plan for me. (And maybe one or two more people.)
QuesTILLYonable Content would really be a good and appropriate title for the strip.  :wink:

TM
Relax, it's just a comic.

Case

• comeback tour!
"The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you're a member of the Dunning-Kruger club. People miss that." - David Dunning

Puckish Rogue

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #129 on: 13 Dec 2017, 14:37 »

[/quote]

By that reasoning, one might call another person a dickwaffle because if they look like a dickwaffle, act like a dickwaffle and talks like a dickwaffle, they are a dickwaffle and thus should be referred to as such.

Of course, I wouldn't dare call someone a dickwaffle, because I would at least maintain a modicum of respect for them no matter what I might think or feel about them.

Its all about respect. Everyone deserves it, even if they don't necessarily act like it.
[/quote]

I've always felt its a choice to be offended by what someone else says about you, like when you let someone else offend you you're basically giving that person power over you and I make sure no one has power over me...except my wife and I gave that freely (or I didn't have any choice in the matter) :-)

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #130 on: 13 Dec 2017, 14:41 »

You know what offends me? Fucking puns. I couldn't care less of how people identify themselves but I would hate to sit inbetween those two if they keep going at it. :P

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #131 on: 13 Dec 2017, 14:59 »

I make sure no one has power over me...except my wife and I gave that freely (or I didn't have any choice in the matter)

That is a choice you can make.

I've always felt its a choice to be offended by what someone else says about you, like when you let someone else offend you you're basically giving that person power over you

However, not everyone is capable of making that choice; and it can come over to them that your attitude is rubbing their face in the problems they perceive - is that how you would in turn wish to be treated?   It is selfish not to take the modest trouble necessary to treat people respectfully, including considering their wishes in matters which don't cause you any hardship to acknowledge.
« Last Edit: 13 Dec 2017, 15:04 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

dutchrvl

« Reply #132 on: 13 Dec 2017, 15:08 »

I've always felt its a choice to be offended by what someone else says about you, like when you let someone else offend you you're basically giving that person power over you and I make sure no one has power over me...except my wife and I gave that freely (or I didn't have any choice in the matter) :-)

I am sure other people here can and will be much better at responding to this, but here is my take.

By your logic, everybody can behave as much as a disrespectful dipshit as they want, because hey, the onus is on the one being disrespected to not feel offended, right? No need for you to have respect for anything or anyone's wishes then, such a copout.

If I come up to you and your wife and start hurling insults at her and disrespecting her, I assume you would not be offended then right, nor your wife, because that would give me 'power' over you?

Of course I could argue that your assessments with regards to clothing, looks, name, etc. are all subjective and therefore can and should not be used to decide how you want to address them, but it's really even simpler than that.
The simple question really is: in what way are you negatively affected by being respectful to another's wishes? The answer in this matter here is, of course, not at all. It's simply a matter of deliberately ignoring them just for the sake of ignoring them. Frankly, it looks more like trolling.

Have a nice day

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #133 on: 13 Dec 2017, 15:26 »

Disregarding the douchehattery of previous comments...

Jeph says that it was either Claire and Tilly joyfully punning towards one another, or mutually-assured destruction.

I propose a third possibility.

What if the pair joins forces? Turn their puns into WEA-PUNS. The world might..

The world might never recover.
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #134 on: 13 Dec 2017, 15:46 »

Of course, I wouldn't dare call someone a dickwaffle, because I would at least maintain a modicum of respect for them no matter what I might think or feel about them. dickwaffles are tashtyomnomnom

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #135 on: 13 Dec 2017, 16:41 »

Global Moderator Comment Anyone who's not comfortable using singular "they" can simply use Tilly's name instead and everyone's needs are met.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Storel

« Reply #136 on: 13 Dec 2017, 16:56 »

Well, 3632 is titled "A Question Finally Answered", but I submit that it actually answers two questions: not only does it establish why robots are able to blush, but it also confirms (for those who still harbored some doubt) that Tilly is not a robot themself.
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2017, 15:52 by Storel »

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #137 on: 13 Dec 2017, 17:58 »

Well, 3632 is titled "A Question Finally Answered", but I submit that it actually answers two questions: not only does it establish why robots are able to blush, but it also confirms (for those who still harbored some doubt) that Tilly is not a robot herself.
or is a better actor / fibber than we have suspected

(click to show/hide)
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

SmilingCat

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • You is friend or food?
« Reply #138 on: 13 Dec 2017, 18:47 »

Well, 3632 is titled "A Question Finally Answered", but I submit that it actually answers two questions: not only does it establish why robots are able to blush, but it also confirms (for those who still harbored some doubt) that Tilly is not a robot herself.

Not necessarily, they might be a robot but still not know why they're able to blush. How many of your autonomic functions do you fully understand?   :-P

(yes, I know, Tilly's human, quiet you!)

SmilingCat

• You is friend or food?
« Reply #139 on: 13 Dec 2017, 18:55 »

Also, I never realized before how deeply he/she pronouns are dug into my thought processes. I'll try to catch my errors when I can, but I apologize in advance for any errors I make.

Case

• comeback tour!
« Reply #140 on: 13 Dec 2017, 19:42 »

Not necessarily, they might be a robot but still not know why they're able to blush. How many of your autonomic functions do you fully understand?   :-P

(yes, I know, Tilly's human, quiet you!)

Hmmmh ... what's Ridley Scott's take on that?

Shjade

• FIGHT YOU
  • What.
« Reply #141 on: 13 Dec 2017, 20:08 »

Whelp. looks like all those who want Tilly to disappear at the end of this arc are NOT going to get their wish, since it looks like Tilly has officially been "adopted" by Marten and Claire. I think I can see how this is going to go; if Hannelore tries to dismiss Tilly at the end of the 48 hours, she'll be shamed into changing her mind by Marten and Claire. Or, she'll have some kind of change of heart by the end of the 48 hours and decide to keep Tilly around after all. Either way, she'll be stuck with Tilly. Along with the rest of us.  :-P

I sorta doubt it. I mean, I'm pretty sure they'll be around in some form, but I don't think it'll be a) this consistently or b) as Hannelore's...anything. Most likely a recurring cameo role.

Not because of fan backlash or anything (if that's even significant in the first place), but cast balance and how much Tilly is being placed up front right now. It seems like the result of wanting to get a lot of Tilly drawn and played out before they go back on the shelf, to me. If they were going to have a more core role I think Jeph would've moved to a new PoV after the cafe visit for a bit.

Just my impression, no firm foundation for it.

Edit: welp, now I know just how sick I am. Didn't even notice the pronoun snafu until this moment. Fixt.
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2017, 04:36 by Shjade »
"People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway."

mercykills

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #142 on: 13 Dec 2017, 20:38 »

I've made this point before but I don't see Marten's passive behind caring enough to intercede on Tilly's behalf and, also, I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think he sees them as a friend. So, even if he wasn't all, "blah" about life, why would he butt into Hanner's(his friend for years) business to tell her that she shouldn't distance herself from someone he JUST met, literally, yesterday(in comic time).

And, sadly, while I can see Claire being stupid enough to try it, we'd still run into the same issue of someone else taking away Hannelore's agency for their own selfish reasons.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #143 on: 13 Dec 2017, 22:32 »

Also, I never realized before how deeply he/she pronouns are dug into my thought processes. I'll try to catch my errors when I can, but I apologize in advance for any errors I make.

Same here. So far I've been able to catch my slip-ups before I hit Post.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Bad Superman

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #144 on: 14 Dec 2017, 00:04 »

Switching from she/her to they/them when referring to Tilly was surprisingly easy.

Reading  other people's posts however is a different topic. Sometimes when I read a *they* or *them* I find myself asking 'What *they*?', or 'Who are *they*?', before I realise 'Oh, the poster meant Tilly!'.

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #145 on: 14 Dec 2017, 00:44 »

Welp.  That happened.  Here's hoping Hanners doesn't suddenly have a lifesplosion and need to call them back and rehire them because she can't handle things.

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #146 on: 14 Dec 2017, 01:00 »

Good riddance. I'm already beginning to forget you, Timy...
"Courage is freedom and freedom is happiness" --Thucydides

mercykills

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #147 on: 14 Dec 2017, 01:02 »

Ooooook....Here we are. Pitchforks being slowly lowered. Anger subsiding.

A subtle feeling of cautious optimism begins to wash over the land. Question is: Will it last?

hakko504

• Geek! Beep Boop!
    • My Profile at Boardgamegeek
« Reply #148 on: 14 Dec 2017, 01:09 »

A subtle feeling of cautious optimism begins to wash over the land. Question is: Will it last?
Nah, I don't think so. Tomorrow Hanners will most likely feel the wrath of her mother when she comes around to tell Hanners in no uncertain terms that Ellicott-Chathams have a PA, period.
"Be excellent to each other!"
Bill S. Preston & Ted "Theodore" Logan

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #149 on: 14 Dec 2017, 01:10 »

It'd be an extremely surreal diversion for Tilly to just disappear immediately after this.

But there's so many characters in QC that short of my favourites, I'm not really invested in anyone staying or going because there's plenty to read about anyway.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up