THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 01:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will be the second couple to get married in the regular cast?

Jim and Veronica
- 28 (49.1%)
Wil and Penelope
- 7 (12.3%)
Dale and Marigold
- 1 (1.8%)
Marten and Claire
- 4 (7%)
Dora and Tai
- 2 (3.5%)
Some combination of Brun, Clinton, and Elliot
- 3 (5.3%)
Argyle argon argonaut
- 2 (3.5%)
Steve and Cosette
- 10 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: 16 Jun 2018, 19:02

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 11-15 June 2018 (3761-3765)  (Read 41649 times)

snufflebottoms

• Furry furrier
Re: WCDT: 11-15 June 2018 (3761-3765)
« Reply #150 on: 13 Jun 2018, 19:09 »

Anyone else find Faye's stance and expression in the last panel super out of character for her? lol.

shanejayell

• Duck attack survivor
    • Church of Yuri
« Reply #151 on: 13 Jun 2018, 20:02 »

THAT didn't last long.

Tho I expect 'self examination' isn't a Pintsize thing anyway.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #152 on: 13 Jun 2018, 23:28 »

Once again, I am left wondering just how in charge of everything and how many moves ahead Pintsize might be. Certainly, he's a consummate actor if nothing else!

However, the really weird bit about this strip is how completely unfazed Bubbles is by Pintsize's sudden change in mood. I'm left with the strong impression that she and Pintsize had a conversation here that we either didn't see (wireless comms?) or that AIs can put meaning in words that their human friends can't understand because their use of language is different. In any case, she and Pintsize seem to have come to some sort of agreement without any of their human friends being aware of it!

Finally, I do like how Faye and Claire are finally comfortable enough around each other to gush together! Considering the hostility that's sometimes overt between them, it's nice that they both feel able to express themselves in a silly way without feeling self-conscious.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

traroth

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #153 on: 14 Jun 2018, 00:36 »

It's not the first time Pintsize has such a shirky behavior when confronted to sharp analysis, if I remember well. It's actually a real pattern in his behavior, in my opinion.
"Courage is freedom and freedom is happiness" --Thucydides

OldGoat

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Give me heresy, or give me death.
« Reply #154 on: 14 Jun 2018, 01:06 »

I'm left with the strong impression that she and Pintsize had a conversation here that we either didn't see (wireless comms?) or that AIs can put meaning in words that their human friends can't understand because their use of language is different. In any case, she and Pintsize seem to have come to some sort of agreement without any of their human friends being aware of it!
It was something along the line of:

Bubbles - "Make you a deal.  If you cease and desist in these shenanigans I will refrain from ripping your chest open with my bare hands, plucking out your core personality ROM, and grinding it to powder between my fingers."

Pintsize - "Mmmm...okay.  Deal."

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #155 on: 14 Jun 2018, 01:22 »

I think he's three levels of irony deep, where it's both true and not true of him and even he doesn't know any more. Actually, that makes me think of something tangential...

I wonder how well he and May would get along with PissPigGranddad?

I think going from protesting the Iraq war to dying in the dirt outside of Mosul from friendly fire makes me the ultimate Irony Boy tbh

It's a very weird, vivid thought I have about May and/or Pintsize getting in a Twitter shitpost war with this guy. If you haven't seen anything about him, I highly recommend Googling him, he's an absolute rabbit hole of a human being.
oh god

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #156 on: 14 Jun 2018, 01:24 »

Today's comic is, of course, a callback to Taking All The Credit and Penetrating Questions.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

dutchrvl

« Reply #157 on: 14 Jun 2018, 07:08 »

Wow, that is so not the reaction I expected from Bubbles.  I thought he would be Pintsize paste staining the floor.  This is absolutely brilliant on Bubbles part, she absolutely destroys him and claims her place in the social hierarchy.  I look forward to see how he recovers from this.  And I think this is going to be one of my favourite pages, one of the few that I actually laughed when I initially read it. Nicely done.

Hm, I'm somewhat curious what particular made you laugh about this one.

While a great and rather powerful comic, nothing about it struck me as a 'haha' aspect (?)

HughYeman

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Chode-Bearing Member
    • Dear Faye
« Reply #158 on: 14 Jun 2018, 07:09 »

I say the following knowing full well the degree to which I am projecting. I'm probably off-base.

I'm disquieted by this strip, and since the other night I've been trying to figure out why. I think it's because I'm convinced that Bubbles is not as calm as she seems. She is torn apart inside, and devoting most of her mental energy to putting on a calm exterior. And that shit will come out sideways somewhere down the line.

For reasons why I feel this way, see my post from last night. We've seen many examples of her fear of anyone being hurt because of her, her self-loathing, her violent attempts to isolate, her fear of being laughed at, and the anger she turns on herself for having presumed to live like a normal person. I'm sure that she was grappling with all that when she entered into verbal combat with Pintsize. She was cornered, and she was full of fear, and she had to show the world that she wasn't afraid of him. So her emotional landscape was nothing like what she let show.

In short, she needed to be seen to win that fight, but in reality no one won. She's roiling inside. Don't believe me? OK. "Ta." "Ta"??? Who says "Ta"??? That sounds forced and artificial, even for Bubbles. She's straining to sound all cazh n' shit.

Again, I know my experience isn't everyone's. I envy people who can engage in this sort of confrontation and not come out of it feeling like they've been dunked in acid. It's just that there are reasons why I identify with Bubbles so strongly, and if I'm not completely wrong about her, then her emotional problems will be every bit as much of an obstacle to their relationship as Faye's. Faye is afraid of people leaving her, and deep down she fears that she will be the reason they leave. Bubbles is afraid of people being hurt because of her, and that fear makes it hella convenient to retreat into that comfortably cold mantle of the freak who should never have dreamed of being anything but alone.
"Is that why you checked for my armor?"
"I-I was scared you left. I knew you wouldn't go anywhere without it."
"I would never leave unless you asked me to."
"I would never ask you to."

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #159 on: 14 Jun 2018, 07:22 »

Wow, that is so not the reaction I expected from Bubbles.  I thought he would be Pintsize paste staining the floor.  This is absolutely brilliant on Bubbles part, she absolutely destroys him and claims her place in the social hierarchy.  I look forward to see how he recovers from this.  And I think this is going to be one of my favourite pages, one of the few that I actually laughed when I initially read it. Nicely done.

Hm, I'm somewhat curious what particular made you laugh about this one.

While a great and rather powerful comic, nothing about it struck me as a 'haha' aspect (?)

For me at least it was the combination of total surprise and sudden truth.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Wagimawr

• Facebook
« Reply #160 on: 14 Jun 2018, 08:28 »

"Ta." "Ta"??? Who says "Ta"???

Some Brits do. Short for "Thank you", at least in the context I've heard the Beatles use it :laugh: probably not what Jeph was going for here. In this case probably a terse "ta ta!" as in "goodbye" as in "get out of my hand you little weasel".

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #161 on: 14 Jun 2018, 08:40 »

It's maybe an echo of Corpse Witch breezily saying "Ta!" after reprimanding Faye for fixing May. It's indeed uncommon, so that may have been the only time Bubbles had heard it, so it may come to her mind as the way to do contemptuous dismissal.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

HughYeman

• Chode-Bearing Member
    • Dear Faye
« Reply #162 on: 14 Jun 2018, 09:16 »

Some Brits do. Short for "Thank you", at least in the context I've heard the Beatles use it :laugh: probably not what Jeph was going for here. In this case probably a terse "ta ta!" as in "goodbye" as in "get out of my hand you little weasel".

Wait, so Brits still use it? I was under the impression that it was something that only the oldest people would say without irony, and that younger people would only say it theatrically.

It's maybe an echo of Corpse Witch breezily saying "Ta!" after reprimanding Faye for fixing May. It's indeed uncommon, so that may have been the only time Bubbles had heard it, so it may come to her mind as the way to do contemptuous dismissal.

!!! Oh my... I forgot that Corpse Witch used it!

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #163 on: 14 Jun 2018, 09:17 »

There is a mix of theatricality and irony in all generations. I've certainly used it seriously with my students, who are all around a decade younger than me at least.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #164 on: 14 Jun 2018, 09:20 »

I do believe (or maybe hope) that there was a long delay from panel 1 to 2A. Some sort of indication Pintsize received that told him, "Hey, she isn't going to pound me into paste! I can return to my usual subroutines!"

Then, when he got the eye-roll response from Bubs, he realized he was off the proverbial hook - for now. And that dismissive "Ta" was probably exactly what IICIH suggested - a backhanded dismissal.

In all, I think Bubs wanted to intimidate Pintsize into submission (of a sort), not destroy him - and that out of respect for Marten.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

fayelovesbubbles

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #165 on: 14 Jun 2018, 10:25 »

I say the following knowing full well the degree to which I am projecting. I'm probably off-base.

I'm disquieted by this strip, and since the other night I've been trying to figure out why. I think it's because I'm convinced that Bubbles is not as calm as she seems. She is torn apart inside, and devoting most of her mental energy to putting on a calm exterior. And that shit will come out sideways somewhere down the line.

For reasons why I feel this way, see my post from last night. We've seen many examples of her fear of anyone being hurt because of her, her self-loathing, her violent attempts to isolate, her fear of being laughed at, and the anger she turns on herself for having presumed to live like a normal person. I'm sure that she was grappling with all that when she entered into verbal combat with Pintsize. She was cornered, and she was full of fear, and she had to show the world that she wasn't afraid of him. So her emotional landscape was nothing like what she let show.

In short, she needed to be seen to win that fight, but in reality no one won. She's roiling inside. Don't believe me? OK. "Ta." "Ta"??? Who says "Ta"??? That sounds forced and artificial, even for Bubbles. She's straining to sound all cazh n' shit.

Again, I know my experience isn't everyone's. I envy people who can engage in this sort of confrontation and not come out of it feeling like they've been dunked in acid. It's just that there are reasons why I identify with Bubbles so strongly, and if I'm not completely wrong about her, then her emotional problems will be every bit as much of an obstacle to their relationship as Faye's. Faye is afraid of people leaving her, and deep down she fears that she will be the reason they leave. Bubbles is afraid of people being hurt because of her, and that fear makes it hella convenient to retreat into that comfortably cold mantle of the freak who should never have dreamed of being anything but alone.

I'm like Bubbles too. I don't anticipate a Faye coming along to save me anytime soon.
...and Bubbles loves Faye.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #166 on: 14 Jun 2018, 11:28 »

Wait, so Brits still use it? I was under the impression that it was something that only the oldest people would say without irony, and that younger people would only say it theatrically.

This old Brit uses it without thought; but I suspect that many of my peers would think it undignified, something which only younger people would use...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

SpanielBear

« Reply #167 on: 14 Jun 2018, 11:37 »

This (31 year old, but I have siblings still at uni) Brit has used it unironically and heard it used frequently. It may be more a northern thing, but I haven't even seen that much of a divide. Pretty much just a general casual thanks.

Examples:
A
"Cuppa tea?"

"Ooh, that'd be lovely, ta!"

B
"Here's your pint."

"Ta."

C (alternate usage, doubled up as a casual goodbye)
"I'm just popping to the shop, back in a mo."

"Ta-ta!"

(Hmm, I don't actually know the linguistic root of that last one. To google!)

(Edit: A brief Google gives me a variety of possibilities. The most common explanation is it is just baby talk like da-da that we ended up using as we got older. Then there are suggestions it could have celtic roots, particularly as a varient is "Ta-ra", as in the old Irish city. And finaly, my favourite, a suggestion that it, like many british words, was adopted as part of our magpie appropriation of languages during the empire and that it comes from Swahili. Hakuna Matata.)
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2018, 11:43 by SpanielBear »

HughYeman

• Chode-Bearing Member
    • Dear Faye
« Reply #168 on: 14 Jun 2018, 11:57 »

This (31 year old, but I have siblings still at uni) Brit has used it unironically and heard it used frequently. It may be more a northern thing, but I haven't even seen that much of a divide. Pretty much just a general casual thanks.

Well this is fascinating. I have no recollection of having heard it in real life. Either I am even less observant than I think, or it simply isn't in use on this side of the pond.

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #169 on: 14 Jun 2018, 12:43 »

I'm on the same side of the pond and have heard people say ta ta, so YMMV. I figure "ta" is just a cute way to shorten it. It didn't strike me as weird in any way.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #170 on: 14 Jun 2018, 14:51 »

I mainly hear "Ta" and especially "Ta-ta" when speaking to young children, as a "Please give me what you're holding" noise. Also used as "thank you" and "goodbye" a lot in many contexts but when speaking to children is mostly when I hear it.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #171 on: 14 Jun 2018, 15:38 »

<snip>I'm convinced that Bubbles is not as calm as she seems. She is torn apart inside, and devoting most of her mental energy to putting on a calm exterior. And that shit will come out sideways somewhere down the line.
<snip>

Insightful. Bubbles has summoned the moxie and the rarest form of courage to win a battle against her emotional problems. She has won that battle and taken valuable ground but the enemy remains. A close relationship is going to bring up all her issues sooner or later.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

JackMann

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #172 on: 14 Jun 2018, 18:13 »

The thing with Pintsize is that, unlike the other AIs, he isn't really treated as a person. Doesn't really invite it, either.

Like, take half of Pintsize's shenanigans, and imagine, say, Steve was doing them. Or some other adult dude. Can you imagine the group continuing to tolerate his presence? They'd kick a jackass like that to the curb and never speak with him again.. Instead, they react to him with eyerolls and occasional violence.

The violence is also kind of part of it. If you have someone in a group who you regularly felt you needed to literally throw into a wall, you'd probably think something was wrong. Sure, he's a tough little robot who can be put back together, but it still apparently hurts.

Again, imagine he was a human. You have some dude who regularly harasses the people around him (sometimes sexually), but it's "justified" because the cast members beat him up, or duct-tape him to the wall, or what have you. It's a fairly unhealthy dynamic.

This made a bit more sense early on in the strip. AnthroPCs and other AIs had very simple, somewhat innocent personalities. They weren't really responsible enough to be treated like adults, but weren't really children either. Now, both individually and as a group, AIs have matured as time has gone by, especially as Jeph has deepened his worldbuilding and storytelling. The world is much more complex than it was. But not Pintsize.

He acts like he's the same mascot/pet he's always been, rather than a person who's responsible for their actions and how they impact those around them. Early on, most AIs (generally AnthroPCs) acted similarly. Not in the same way as him, but not like responsible adults. Winslow and Momo are good examples. It's significant that both of them now have full-sized, fully humanoid bodies as they've accepted more "adult" responsibilities.

Now Pintsize is faced with a world that's changed, and he hasn't changed with it. He might worry that he can't. He's showing some understanding at times that his behavior isn't acceptable. That they aren't just harmless shenanigans. But I think he's also uncertain about whether or not he can change, and whether or not he can face up to his old self. Becoming an "adult" means facing up to all of the things he's done, accepting responsibility for them. So he tries to cement his non-person position by deliberately rejecting responsibility for his actions.

I could be reaching here, but I feel that there's more of a performative, theatrical nature to a lot of his more recent stunts; that he's doing them specifically to keep people thinking of him as the same ol' Pintsize. Pintsize, that goof. With his shenanigans, and wackiness. He's like a cartoon character, or a naughty little puppy who can talk! He can't help being him. I think a lot of the cast accept him that way because that's how they've always known him (and it was unusual for most people at the time to run into AIs who weren't at least a little bit like that). Others, like Claire, accept the dynamic because they want to be part of the group. Winslow and Momo disapprove of his actions, but they also "grew up" with him, and they're desensitized to him.

Bubbles knows better, and she's never had a reason to think of him as anything other than another fully-sapient person who should know better. She's from outside the social circle, so she doesn't have preconceived ideas. I expect that she'll continue to call him on his jackassery.

I feel like Jeph's setting things up for some character growth for Pintsize, and I'm looking forward to seeing where he goes with this.
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2018, 20:50 by JackMann »

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #173 on: 14 Jun 2018, 18:35 »

Comic’s up.

That poor bed frame.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

HughYeman

• Chode-Bearing Member
    • Dear Faye
« Reply #174 on: 14 Jun 2018, 18:40 »

Ahhhhhh! Oh, that was just what I needed! A light (ha!) bit of whimsy after all that heavy drama. Like dessert. *mwah!*

ImVeryAngryItsNotButter

• Plantmonster
« Reply #175 on: 14 Jun 2018, 18:43 »

The bed couldn't handle all that thiccness.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #176 on: 14 Jun 2018, 18:49 »

Any lingering doubt as to whether Jeph is listening to his fans should now be banished.  :clairedoge:
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

zisraelsen

• Curry sauce
« Reply #177 on: 14 Jun 2018, 19:02 »

Truck suspension is an excellent cheap and simple solution to the problem AND provides a very convenient setup for "truck bed" puns.
Zack is easier to type than Zisraelsen, so

NemesisDancer

• Larger than most fish
  • :3
« Reply #178 on: 14 Jun 2018, 19:08 »

I hear it used casually a lot as a thank-you - it's mostly a regional thing though, I think (primarily used in Northern England). The Southern equivalent would probably be "cheers".

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #179 on: 14 Jun 2018, 19:21 »

Hopefully they're on the first floor, because otherwise, the poor people below them...  :psyduck:
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

JackMann

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #180 on: 14 Jun 2018, 19:38 »

Hopefully they're on the first floor, because otherwise, the poor people below them...  :psyduck:

I'm like 90% we've seen them climb stairs to the apartment, so...

LustFilledRunza

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #181 on: 14 Jun 2018, 19:57 »

Comic’s up.

That poor bed frame.

RIP Bed.   

Considering that there was a time when she didn't even HAVE a bed and slept on the couch and it was a plot point when she did get the bed...   maybe we should do an arc covering the trials and tribulations of the various furniture items in the apartment.   

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #182 on: 14 Jun 2018, 20:07 »

truck suspension

She had dumps like a truck. Truck. Truck.

Thighs like what.

What. What.

All night long...

:-P

Maybe this relationship will reduce Bubbles' blushing. As she becomes more comfortable with things, perhaps her face will darken less often.

I wonder about AI blushing and how it works. Sure is cute when Bubbles blushes, but it makes me wonder.

fayelovesbubbles

« Reply #183 on: 14 Jun 2018, 20:10 »

Bubbles has also fatally compromised the shape of Faye's favorite shirt. That's true love right there.

Gyrre

« Reply #184 on: 14 Jun 2018, 20:25 »

I do believe I "called it" on the bed springs back when folks were first asking why they don't just share the bed.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #185 on: 14 Jun 2018, 20:39 »

Hopefully, Juicy is in the apartment below them, because I can't think of anyone else in the comic I'd be willing to subject to that.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Theta9

• Not even that gay.
« Reply #186 on: 14 Jun 2018, 20:42 »

Early on, most AIs (generally AnthroPCs) acted similarly. Not in the same way as him, but not like responsible adults. Winston and Momo are good examples. It's significant that both of them now have full-sized, fully humanoid bodies as they've accepted more "adult" responsibilities.

...Winston and Momo disapprove of his actions, but they also "grew up" with him, and they're desensitized to him.

His name is Winslow. There's no Winston in the strip as far as I know.
stePH
--
Quote from: MC Chris
I'm not doing well, OK? Do you get that?

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #187 on: 14 Jun 2018, 20:43 »

I do believe I "called it" on the bed springs back when folks were first asking why they don't just share the bed.

Is there a term analogous to "called it" when you didn't so much predict something as to make it happen?

A small perverse otter

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Staying well enhydrated
« Reply #188 on: 14 Jun 2018, 20:45 »

Is there a term analogous to "called it" when you didn't so much predict something as to make it happen?
I believe that the saying is "caused it!".
"AGH! Humans are so STUPID sometimes!" -- QC #3668

JackMann

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #189 on: 14 Jun 2018, 20:50 »

Early on, most AIs (generally AnthroPCs) acted similarly. Not in the same way as him, but not like responsible adults. Winston and Momo are good examples. It's significant that both of them now have full-sized, fully humanoid bodies as they've accepted more "adult" responsibilities.

...Winston and Momo disapprove of his actions, but they also "grew up" with him, and they're desensitized to him.

His name is Winslow. There's no Winston in the strip as far as I know.

D'oh! I knew I should've checked when I was writing the post. Fixed now.

Tova

• coprophage
« Reply #190 on: 14 Jun 2018, 20:56 »

I dunno, it's not quite as punchy, somehow.  :clairedoge:

Onionvolcano

• Plantmonster
« Reply #191 on: 14 Jun 2018, 21:05 »

Faye in panel four is alarmingly sexy.

AlliedToasters

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #192 on: 14 Jun 2018, 22:07 »

Comic’s up.

That poor bed frame.

RIP Bed.   

Considering that there was a time when she didn't even HAVE a bed and slept on the couch and it was a plot point when she did get the bed...   maybe we should do an arc covering the trials and tribulations of the various furniture items in the apartment.   

Yes, I can still remember the day when that bed first showed up...
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2018, 22:36 by AlliedToasters »
crummy and proud

AlliedToasters

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #193 on: 14 Jun 2018, 22:31 »

Or in 3364 after sending Roko away. Corpse witch used to use the term condescendingly, and bubbles worked with her a long time and is channeling her, intentionally or not.
crummy and proud

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #194 on: 14 Jun 2018, 23:14 »

All I can do is echo all who said: "RIP Bed". It served its mistress long and well but there are some things that cannot be endured no matter how great the will to do so!

By the way, this isn't a body-weight thing. It's an 'enthusiastic activities' thing. It puts me in mind of the last arc of David M Willis's It's Walky, where Walky and Joyce manage to break two or three beds on their first night together. Put enough passion onto a bed and the bed just simply doesn't stand a chance! :-o

Now I can't help but wonder what unnatural combination of metalworking and comfort that Faye will come up with? Can a bed look like a set prop from Mad Max? Would Bubbles tolerate such? All I can say for sure is that I agree that Faye would want it to have a spoiler and flame decals!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

JoeCovenant

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #195 on: 15 Jun 2018, 01:13 »

Certainly Scots use it for Thanks. (But it was a bit odd seeing bubbles using it)
Don't think I've ever heardit used as an even shorter version of Ta-ta, or ta-ra (both 'see ya')
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands

HughYeman

• Chode-Bearing Member
    • Dear Faye
« Reply #196 on: 15 Jun 2018, 03:07 »

I dunno, it's not quite as punchy, somehow.  :clairedoge:

Naming calls.

EDIT:
Oh, also: From your lips to God's ears.
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2018, 04:26 by HughYeman »

SpanielBear

« Reply #197 on: 15 Jun 2018, 04:40 »

The death of the bed. It's true, it is a good framing device. It actually makes me think those who have predicted Q.C. is wrapping up may be onto something.

Zebediah

• I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #198 on: 15 Jun 2018, 05:55 »

QC wrapping up? Well, Yelling Bird revealed Jeph’s retirement plan a few years ago, and it seems like he’s starting to implement phase 1, so...

;)
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

brasca

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #199 on: 15 Jun 2018, 06:56 »

Hopefully, Juicy is in the apartment below them, because I can't think of anyone else in the comic I'd be willing to subject to that.

Except she’s likely to complain to the superintendent who’s probably not going to be pleased that their lovemaking knocked all the plaster off the ceiling.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up