THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 17 May 2024, 09:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: The Official "WTF MERCH!" Thread  (Read 272668 times)

peeps1331

Re: The Official "WTF MERCH!" Thread
« Reply #200 on: 22 Dec 2008, 09:55 »

After some weird shipping black hole swallowed my shirt in September, and I got in touch with QC and re-ordered two weeks ago, my shirt has arrived! I might order again, I just won't have my stuff shipped to Wisconsin...

mishy

« Reply #201 on: 23 Dec 2008, 15:29 »

i got an email notice that my bearmonster hoodie is finally in the mail!
i don't expect it by christmas, not even by new year, but i am very happy to finally have it on the way! i only have USPS and Canada Post to blame if it gets lost now...
ty Jeph & Christi! i would patiently order again if another design comes up that i fall in love with.
:D

Coffee_Kaioken

• Furry furrier
« Reply #202 on: 28 Dec 2008, 20:30 »

My stuff finally came in 6 weeks after I ordered it.

I was getting worried by the 2nd week, and after that, I came across this thread, read the comments, and, I got worried, but, I finally got my clothing in the mail.

Sometimes it'll take 2 weeks, sometimes it'll take 2 months - But trust me, when it arrives in the mailbox, it is SO worth it - that new-clothing smell, the way it's well folded and compressed, the fold lines, everything - I was ecstatic when my pintsize hoodie and Lol-puter shirt finally came in.

Trust me, after all of the waiting, it is WORTH IT.

MightyMouse

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #203 on: 29 Dec 2008, 02:14 »

So... after waiting months on end for a package that never arrived, after mailing repeatedly without a reply, Pengraffe announced the gmail merch address. I wrote her, told her about my long, long wait and about my change of address and wo and behold: she replied within a couple of hours, telling me she'd change the address and resend my shirts "tomorrow". I was delighted.
After more than two weeks (not quite "tomorrow"...) I recieved an email notifying me of shipment - to my old address!! Obviously, I emailed them back (on both the gmail and the mac addresses) - but still no reply (yeah, I know it's the Holiday seasons, but after all...). And the package can't be track and traced this time either, so I can't  try to hang around my old address on the delivery date and I can't be sure it even gets here this time. And besides, I shouldn't have to wait for my shirts to arrive in Denmark, bounce and be shipped back to the US before they can try sending it a third time (right address, hopefully).

This is a good example of what we (tshirtlimbo, smileybandit and my self, just to mention a few) mean, when we've been discussing the efficiency, the competence, the "working smarter, not harder" and the structure of this two/three person business: update and structurize your lists, so you don't send out a package to an address you claimed to have updated two weeks earlier!

I am getting really frustrated. All I want is for my tshirts to arrive (and once I also wanted a sizing chart for the hoodies, but I'm not too sure I'd risk my time and money).

thegr8k8

« Reply #204 on: 29 Dec 2008, 07:14 »

Yeah...I purchased two shirts as Christmas gifts on 11/28/2008. I've received nothing and it was supposed to be guaranteed delivery by Christmas if purchased prior to 11/30/08. I guess two days before is pushing my luck?
I emailed both merch addresses and added the AIM username to my list. No answer and the aim name hasn't been logged in at all.
I'm pretty irritated to say the least.

mishy

« Reply #205 on: 30 Dec 2008, 08:16 »

omg YAY!!! bearmonster hoodie has arrived! i have put it on and snuggled it till it reeked of cuteness.

i just thought i'd post some good news, since this thread is what brought me to the forums in the first place. it was ordered in mid-october, and i'm in canada, if that gives you any idea of what kind of wait i was looking at. also, i got no email of any sort until the shipping notice right before christmas, but that's not to say it wasn't on its way. i'm guessing the bearmonster hoodies took a larger order, or took a longer time to get enough to do a print run. or something like that.

my co-worker wanted to trade me his 71 paladin for the hoodie. i said no.  :lol:
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2008, 08:18 by mishy »

erica5877

« Reply #206 on: 31 Dec 2008, 22:12 »

Hi, it has been 8 months and my QCMerch has still failed to materialise, can someone PLEASE answer my forum thread as I have had no answers from [email protected] either.

Rev

« Reply #207 on: 03 Jan 2009, 17:10 »

I ordered a month ago. E-mailed to get an ETA twice and have heard absolutely nothing. I'm going to wait a week longer and if I don't hear back, I'm demanding my money back.

As someone who works in a similar field, not giving any sort of indication for a month, and not replying to e-mails asking about something they've already paid for is not good business at all.

It's a pity, since a lot of the t-shirts look nice. I won't be ordering any of them after the complete lack of service I received on this order.

Rawr42

« Reply #208 on: 05 Jan 2009, 22:01 »

I ordered my Cogito Ergo Nom shirt on November 26th, it still hasn't come yet. I was under the impression that I would have it by Christmas, and I've been waiting patiently. I sent an email to [email protected] and haven't gotten a response yet. I'm sorry Jeph and Cristi, I know it must be difficult, but it would be kinda nice to know what's going on with my shirt...

cartographer

« Reply #209 on: 06 Jan 2009, 00:25 »

I ordered my Cogito Ergo Nom shirt on November 26th, it still hasn't come yet. I was under the impression that I would have it by Christmas, and I've been waiting patiently. I sent an email to [email protected] and haven't gotten a response yet. I'm sorry Jeph and Cristi, I know it must be difficult, but it would be kinda nice to know what's going on with my shirt...

Same story here, only with two shirts.

Curiously a separate order was made a couple of weeks later, and that one has arrived...

jennyemelie

« Reply #210 on: 06 Jan 2009, 00:46 »

Yup... I'm starting to get a little disgruntled here.  Order was placed on Nov 18th and nothing... I have sent e-mails to both the @mac and @gmail qcmerch addresses.

Now thankfully my order wasn't a Christmas gift however it is intended to be a gift that I will need by the end of the month.  I'm trying to be patient here but it would be nice if some sort of feedback were given. Even an auto-reply to let me know I was in fact e-mailing a real address would have been great at this point...

/sigh

catcat

« Reply #211 on: 06 Jan 2009, 11:06 »

I ordered shirts via PayPal on November 23rd. (2 Cogito Ergo Nom shirts, one for a Christmas present, one was to be worn on my vacation at the end of December) - $48.

I filed my Paypal Dispute on 12/27, after repeated emails to any address I could find, adding the IM name to multiple AIM lists I am on, adding notify alerts if they even signed on. Nothing. Also - it cannot be something with .mac mail, as I use it myself. (in case someone wondered)

I filed my PayPal Claim when i returned from Vacation on the 5th. They have not even shown an inkling of trying to contact PayPal at all.

I have never heard from QC, via email, or my PayPal claims/disputes.

The problem inherent is that the consumer can't file a dispute or claim via PayPal after 45 days - which, by QC's estimation - is almost how long it should have taken for the shirts to get here. If anyone has not, and can file a dispute, they should do so immediately by PayPal, and escalate it before the dispute timer runs out.

I'm sorry, but this is not how a good business operates. A good comic, sure, but after this mess is over, I'll no longer be returning to anything remotely QC related, be it comic, or awesome cool merch, or whatever.

I'd just like to know if my tshirts shipped, and if not, may I have my $48 back please. It's not hard to respond to emails - just time consuming.

This isn't to screw anyone related to QC, it's to prove a point that people are missing - a business transaction needs to be exactly that. Not "oh, 6-8 months you might get your stuff, while i've had your money a while." You don't walk into a store, hand them money, and have to go home and wait for most of a year to get your stuff (Preorders don't count). I ordered something from another webcomic at the same time frame, and got my items within 2-3 weeks, and they were original drawings - and cost less money. As a consumer, you can guess where I'm going if i want neat, original, comic related things.

And it won't be to QC.

Rawr42

« Reply #212 on: 06 Jan 2009, 14:47 »

Is there any other email address we could write to and actually get a response?

jennyemelie

« Reply #213 on: 06 Jan 2009, 15:36 »

The problem inherent is that the consumer can't file a dispute or claim via PayPal after 45 days - which, by QC's estimation - is almost how long it should have taken for the shirts to get here. If anyone has not, and can file a dispute, they should do so immediately by PayPal, and escalate it before the dispute timer runs out.

So basically I'm already screwed.  Typical...

Other than the @mac.com one there is a [email protected] address as well however I sent a message to that account a week ago and have heard nothing.

Rev

« Reply #214 on: 06 Jan 2009, 15:46 »

Phil maybe we just have different upbringings but I am of the mindset that unless anyone has insulted me first, or is trying to assault me or something, it is not prudent to insult or demean them at all, especially somewhere where you hope they will see it.

Taking somebody's money and giving them nothing in return isn't insulting?

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #215 on: 06 Jan 2009, 20:50 »

I'd much prefer not to get back into this, as it goes against the purpose of the entire thread, but

No. It is not an insult.

If someone is having difficulty getting me something I paid for, certainly it is insulting that I am not their highest priority, but it is not an insult. Therefore, they have not insulted me.

Take note: the difference between being insulted by them and feeling that it is insulting that by completing a transaction I am not immediately the highest priority.

Furthermore, if someone is having difficulty getting me something I paid for, I would be even more kind and patient than I normally would be.

Because if someone is having difficulty with something, they should not be insulted for it.

Does that make sense?
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2009, 20:53 by GenericName »
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

catcat

« Reply #216 on: 06 Jan 2009, 20:55 »

So basically I'm already screwed.  Typical...

Other than the @mac.com one there is a [email protected] address as well however I sent a message to that account a week ago and have heard nothing.

Added that one to gmail talk as well, and emailed them, and never got a response. I was gone for a week on vacation as well, and gave them the benefit of the doubt.

However, if you paid via Credit Card Paypal, I believe you can still file a chargeback through them. I have not had to do this, so don't mark me as being truthful on the matter.

And honestly, if you can't be businesslike enough to know if product I paid for were shipped, that *is* an insult. I know how bad shipping can be, and that's why you delegate it to people, and if you get too many, you quit taking orders to get caught up. I'd understand that MUCH more than no communication whatsoever.

Rev

« Reply #217 on: 07 Jan 2009, 19:43 »

I'd much prefer not to get back into this, as it goes against the purpose of the entire thread, but

No. It is not an insult.

If someone is having difficulty getting me something I paid for, certainly it is insulting that I am not their highest priority, but it is not an insult. Therefore, they have not insulted me.

Take note: the difference between being insulted by them and feeling that it is insulting that by completing a transaction I am not immediately the highest priority.

Furthermore, if someone is having difficulty getting me something I paid for, I would be even more kind and patient than I normally would be.

Because if someone is having difficulty with something, they should not be insulted for it.

Does that make sense?

No.

What's happening is that they are taking people's money, and letting them hang on the vine, while they might eventually give the customer what they paid for, after waiting an extraordinary amount of time. That's insulting.

When people ask for updates on their order and get ignored, that's insulting.

If they're having difficulties in handling people's orders, they

a) Shouldn't be taking further orders.
b) Tell the people whose money they've already taken what's going on and how they'll remedy this.

BTW, telling people who have essentially been ripped-off that they shouldn't feel bad or angry about it? That's insulting as well.

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #218 on: 07 Jan 2009, 20:32 »

EDIT: This is pointless, argument over, let's move on to more productive things than arguing on internet forums because obviously we're both wrong.
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2009, 20:33 by GenericName »
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

JustinCredible

« Reply #219 on: 09 Jan 2009, 17:01 »

Sending my second email now...

I previously saw the gang when they came to Toronto back in 2007 and got one of their wonderful 'Math is Delicious' shirts. Fast forward 7 months and one ill advised laundry run by my father and my shirt is now bleached to kingdom come. SO, it just to happened I was planning to go to San Diego and lucked out when I found the QC booth at the show Although, my size wasn't available - I was offered a compromise with paying for the shirt and having it mailed out to me.

I personally hate having to deal with any type of ordering/online transactions. I like going to cons and meeting the content creators so I can hand them the money so there is no middle-person involved. I'm not saying that this is situation that confirms my fear, but rather I am left in a situation where it could end up being only my word that the transaction and terms ever occurred.

Not to say that QC would be out to screw me, but conventions are a hectic time and seeing what type of backlog they are facing - I can see myself being honestly forgotten. Outside of the paper that has my information on it, there are no PayPal or Credit Card receipt showing what occurred.

SO  I waited from July to Septembers and sent an email. Now I'm sending my second run, hoping my explanation jogs memories. If not, I guess I will hope I get lucky a third time and meet QC at a convention again, so I can buy it hand-to-hand.

Sent an email to the gmail address on Dec.29 and still nothing... I'll try again. 'Le Sigh'

Tshirtlimbo

« Reply #220 on: 11 Jan 2009, 15:59 »

Summary of my QC merch experience:

I ordered a shirt at the end of August, 2008. I sent my first "everything okay?" e-mail about a month later (too early, as I noticed later), and then kept sending them about once a month for the next three months. I had no response at any e-mail address and couldn't connect over AIM either. On the verge of giving up I noticed the forum and then discovered this thread. I was unpleasantly surprised to discover that my story wasn't unique, and wrote a series of critical posts.

Sometime in November, I believe, Cristi came on this thread and invited people that haven't been able to get their orders nor a response to write to [email protected]. I did, and within a day had an exchange of e-mails. In the end, I received my order at the end of December (four months total wait).

I was informed that my shirt *had* been shipped earlier, but must have gotten lost en route. She told me the order would be re-shipped, and a few weeks later I received a shipping notice. In retrospect the "it got lost" explanation seems a bit shady given that I didn't receive any prior shipping notices.

I'm disappointed to read here that people are *still* unable to get customer service. I was really hoping that the QCmerch team would perceive this as a serious problem and overhaul the way they handle their business. I had suggested, among other things, that QC set up a qcmerch auto-reply and that the website text be updated (perhaps with the information in the first post in this thread). You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

If I had returned to this forum to read that the systemic problems had been addressed, I would be optimistic about ordering from QC again. As it is, I'm done.

Tshirtlimbo

« Reply #221 on: 11 Jan 2009, 16:31 »

One last thing. While I'm fully aware that it is unrealistic for any company that does a lot of business (QC qualifies in my books) to have a 100% satisfaction rate, I don't think that the problems identified in this thread simply represent the occasional person "falling through the cracks". If it were indeed the case that most (e.g. 99%) of e-mails were responded to promptly, then we would virtually never hear of customers being ignored despite *multiple* e-mails.

We know that QC often ignores inquiries (Cristi has said as much in this thread) if the inquiry comes "too soon". This suggests to me that the QCmerch inbox is being handled in a "on-the-fly" manner, without the sort of "everything must be dealt with" policy that people expect from a first-rate business.

We know that the merch team feels overwhelmed by the task of replying to inquiries. This suggests to me that important information is not being supplied up-front (specifically the more realistic timelines mentioned at the beginning of this thread), and/or that the QCmerch team is doing so much business that even receiving a small fraction of inquiries from customers is overwhelming. This latter issue  is known as "a good problem to have" and suggests resources (a.k.a. money) ought to be available to either hire someone to handle customer service or hire someone to set-up an ordering system that can automatically handle more of the work.

We know that the task of addressing, packing, and shipping thousands of shirts is likewise borderline overwhelming. This also supports the "good problem to have" interpretation. This is 2009, selling t-shirts on the internet isn't rocket science, and I'm pretty sure that business solutions appropriate to QC's situation are there for the adopting.

Good luck to those still in limbo, and it is my sincere wish that QC both continue to prosper *and* clean up their act.

DNS

« Reply #222 on: 13 Jan 2009, 07:44 »

Finally decided to jump into the madness here, after about 8 months of reading the comic and a mnth and a haf of order-waiting.

The good news is, it finally came yesterday. I ordered a "she blinded me with library science" shirt for my girlfriend who, at the time of order (Nov. 26th) was just finishing up her Information Management (formerly Library Science) degree at Dalhousie University (here in wonderful Nova Scotia).

I was a little ticked off that it wasn't here for christmas, but it ended up coming on a day that had been pretty shitty or her, and I left it for her to find on our bed and it lightened up her day a bit. (pics to follow soon?)

I happened to be looking through the forum after placing my order and found this thread; My stomach was immediately cletched and I regretted placing the order after all of these horror stories.

Anyhow, I just wanted to let others who may be reading this, worrying about their orders etc... that there is still certainly hope after the 2-4 week waiting period.

I do have to say, however, that it was disconcerting and down right annoying to have received an email saying my item was shipped (on Dec 18, no les, giving me false hope that it would be here for christmas), with a tracking number and a link to the USPS website. The annoying part? The fact that the USPS said that the tracking number was of a package that was not yet ready to be picked up from the sender... it said this up untill the day before it was delivered.

I am happy to have received my order, and I may even order again someday (but I am a student, and I am less likely to spend money on an item that may neve arrive). I do agree and sympathise with many of the complaints here, though. C & J should really work to streamline the process -- maybe they should take the store down for a month or two while they work out some sort of a new system?

I don't know... just a thought.

Thanks again for the shirt! She loves it!

Xobyte

« Reply #223 on: 14 Jan 2009, 20:27 »

Yup... I'm starting to get a little disgruntled here.  Order was placed on Nov 18th and nothing... I have sent e-mails to both the @mac and @gmail qcmerch addresses.

Now thankfully my order wasn't a Christmas gift however it is intended to be a gift that I will need by the end of the month.  I'm trying to be patient here but it would be nice if some sort of feedback were given. Even an auto-reply to let me know I was in fact e-mailing a real address would have been great at this point...

/sigh

Same here, down to the exact date ordered.  I've sent four e-mails to the qcmerch address, and installed AIM to my computer for the express purpose of getting in touch.  These shirts were supposed to be christmas presents, so saying I'm irritated would be an understatement.

I'll try the qcmerch AIM address later, in hopes of getting this sorted.

Edit: In the hopes that this post will actually help, here are the pertinant details of my order:

Ordered two shirts on November 18, 2008, "Cogito Ergo Nom" (in Cranberry) and "Can I Has Torrents" (in Chocolate) both in Lady's Large.  Paypal address used for these was monkey_alpha (at) hotmail (dot) com.

I sent my first e-mail on December 30, 2008.  I sent three more over the next ten days, and recieved responses to none of them.  I'm also past the 45 day limit to file a claim through PayPal.

Like I said, these were Christmas presents.  If the person wasn't already expecting the shirts (I had to tell them something when Christmas came and went), I'd tell QC to stuff the damn shirts and just refund me my money.
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2009, 20:44 by Xobyte »

asdfghjkl

« Reply #224 on: 15 Jan 2009, 14:38 »

I'd like to know if anyone else has NOT received a guaranteed-by-Christmas delivery. Because it's really bumming me out. I want my shirt. Also, I've emailed [email protected] at least 3 times with no response or anything. What the hell am I supposed to do?

EDIT: After reading all these threads, it makes me both relieved AND more irritated at QC. They really need better organization & contacting abilities if they're going to do this to so many people.

I think the things that piss me off the most are that I was guaranteed Christmas delivery and my credit card has been charged, but still no shirt. Grr.

Also, by now, it's past the 2-4 week waiting period, regardless of the fact that I was promised Christmas delivery.

Okay, I'm actually really angry. I kind of want a phone number for QC so I can call & bitch at them or something. This is the most awful service. It's made me completely wary of ordering anything online now, even from trusted corporations.
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2009, 14:44 by asdfghjkl »

cartographer

« Reply #225 on: 15 Jan 2009, 22:28 »

Well looks like they're outsourcing the merchandising, which is a real plus.
However it doesn't seem to be applicable to outstanding orders (correct if incorrect), so there might still be a teensy bit o' waiting to go~

skin

« Reply #226 on: 15 Jan 2009, 22:35 »

I am in the same boat as everyone else.  Ordered a shirt meant to be a Christmas gift in November.  Sent a few emails that all have gone ignored.  Then I opened up a paypal dispute, which allowed me to send emails directly to Jeph's personal account instead of qcmerch, but those have also gone ignored.  So now I just asked paypal to get my money back.  What upsets me most is I emailed them in November to confirm that Nom shirts would come by Christmas since it was a presale at the time and I got a response within hours.  Now that there is a problem I cannot even get an acknowledgment that I exist to them.  

Jeph, please call up Mr. Rowland and get hooked up with TopatoCo.  I understand that mistakes will be made with any business, but when they do happen ignoring them for weeks is absolutely unacceptable.  And even if the 10 or so of us that took the effort to post here are the only ones that are being ignored, which is unlikely, that is far too many.  This is a very shitty way to run a business.

EDIT- Nevermind, in the time it took me to register the new comic got posted with the news that he is moving to TopatoCo.  Doesn't help my Christmas problem, but at least in the future I will be able to buy from QC.

Second edit - I also just received my refund from QC.  Maybe I shoulda just registered for the talky place earlier, in the 20 minutes since I joined both complaints have finally been addressed.
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2009, 22:43 by skin »

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #227 on: 15 Jan 2009, 22:51 »

Okay first of all I understand everybody's frustration. We are sorry you don't have your shirts yet! We're doing our best to answer all of the literally hundreds of emails we get every day and make sure everybody gets what they ordered.

HOWEVER

We're human. We miss emails, they get accidentally eaten by spam filters, shirts disappear in the mail, etc etc etc. We're not perfect and there are some things that are simply out of our hands. I can tell you that probably 95% of all our orders ship in a reasonably timely manner and 95% of our customer service is replied to. I know this because I did a whole bunch of the shipping during the holiday season and know how many orders went out on time. You guys are in that remaining 5%, which sucks and is shitty I KNOW but we are doing what we can. Just because you're the minority doesn't mean we don't care.

I don't do customer service, because that is not something I am capable of handling (hooray massive crippling panic attacks from stress). This is why emailing the jephco account is not very useful. If you've emailed qcmerch and not gotten a response, even multiple times, I don't know what the specific problem is there, sorry. I will try to find out.

A big part of the reason we are switching to Topatoco is to help get rid of that 5% of orders and emails that go missing or missed or mishandled. They are much better at it than we are.

So basically what I am saying is I'm sorry if we've fucked up your order. I understand why you'd be angry and take your business elsewhere, but it is my hope that A) we can get your issue sorted out and B) you'll come back once we've switched to Topatoco.

Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

skin

« Reply #228 on: 15 Jan 2009, 23:12 »

Thank you for the message.  Switching to TopatoCo is enough to get my business back.  I like your work and I try to support the independent work I like, but I still want good service.  That was kinda of the most frustrating part: I want to give you money to ensure I always get a good comic 5 days of the week and I love the shirts, but it would have been silly to attempt purchasing again after that experience. 

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #229 on: 15 Jan 2009, 23:26 »

Yeah, I know. Believe me, it bothers me as much, probably more, than it bothers any of you guys. I really do appreciate whatever patience you can spare.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

zondrae

« Reply #230 on: 16 Jan 2009, 00:09 »

add me to the list of disgruntled merch people.  I ordered 2 shirts over 12 months ago.  Got the standard "your shirts are on the way" email.  Followed by "they must have got lost" and then "we've sent a second shipment".  To date I HAVE RECEIVED NOTHING.  Over $80 wasted.  Very disappointed to say the least.  Now they have stopped answering my emails altogether.  It is past the Paypal complaint period so I have no recourse whatsoever. 

It still burns me up now.   :x

Screwball

« Reply #231 on: 16 Jan 2009, 02:07 »

Man, I was really keen to buy one of those 'Rockin Pintsize' shirts, but frankly it seems too hit-and-miss right now. Too bad they're getting discontinued. Looks like to I'll just have to buy whatever they sell through topatoco instead. Sigh... :(

jennyemelie

« Reply #232 on: 16 Jan 2009, 06:29 »

Thanks very much for the info Jeph.  I'm glad to hear that you guys will be outsourcing from now on.  This is definitely far too much work for two people.

I love QC.  I want to be able to continue buying things from you and supporting your general awesomeness, but without this change I can guarantee you that I wouldn't have.

Hopefully the Nom shirt I ordered will show up soon.  I'm anxious to see the grin on the person's face that it's going to. :)

Please keep doing what you do best and thank you for making this change.  I think it will be a good one all around.

Tshirtlimbo

« Reply #233 on: 16 Jan 2009, 08:39 »

Wow, this is great news. Topatoco, in my experience, is a great service. I'd imagine that Jeph and Cristi will end up making less per shirt that if they handle everything themselves, but the reduction in stress and the option of spending their time elsewhere will be more than worth it (again, I imagine). Plus, even if the QC merchandise continues to grow, it is unlikely to outpace Topatoco's capacity to keep up. No more headaches!

Finally, I'd like to thank Jeph for his sincere apology in this thread. I appreciate it. With an apology on the books, and great leaps made towards eliminating logistical problems, the way is clear for a brave new era in Questionable Content history. Sweet!

Tanis

« Reply #234 on: 16 Jan 2009, 10:14 »

I'm sorry but I have to add my name to the disgruntled.  Ordered Nov. 18, money gone through paypal, too late to dispute through paypal, 3 emails unanswered.  This is nuts!  Could you please send an email out to all outstanding orders letting us know collectively that we have an order coming sometime?

Tari

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #235 on: 16 Jan 2009, 10:56 »

I´m also one of the lost ones. 2 t-shirts, ordered in November. But I´m relieved to hear that you´re working on it. Now that it IS too late for Christmas, Its okay for me (and the people who are waiting for the presents) if it takes a little longer. As long as they arrive sometime. I was scared that they got lost while shipping to Germany or something else. And since I knew the shipment would take its time, I let the 45 days paypal gives pass away.

So, I´m okay with waiting until you sorted all out, as long as I know that you are receiving and working on the Emails/shipments.

Greetings

catcat

« Reply #236 on: 16 Jan 2009, 12:31 »

I find Jeph's passing of the buck kind of sad and ridiculous.

I can tell you that probably 95% of all our orders ship in a reasonably timely manner and 95% of our customer service is replied to. I know this because I did a whole bunch of the shipping during the holiday season and know how many orders went out on time. You guys are in that remaining 5%, which sucks and is shitty I KNOW but we are doing what we can. Just because you're the minority doesn't mean we don't care.

Well, it's pretty obvious that you don't. If you did, you'd take the time to rectify the situation.

I emailed from 2 different .mac addresses, a gmail, and a yahoo account. You're telling me that ALL THOSE got sent to that illustrious spam filter in the sky? Doubtful.

I don't do customer service, because that is not something I am capable of handling (hooray massive crippling panic attacks from stress).

Then you need to hire someone who does. Because it's obvious it's not being taken care of. That is, if you'd like your business to actually profit money instead of being even more stressful and crappy. When things don't get sent, it's more stressful. And causes MORE problems in the long run.

~

with that said:

Dear me:

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $48.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you.  Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

Jeph or whomever has control of the paypal account never once posted to paypal regarding my shipment, regarding me getting a refund, or anything. The only evidence was me with receipts and linking to this thread. Which is sad.

PSA: TO anyone that has not gotten their item, call PayPal directly. Better yet if you've purchased via your credit card, you can get a reversal for not getting items. PayPal sometimes on the phone can help out directly better than just putting in forms on the website. It's worth a shot, especially if you have nothing else to lose.

~

I'm getting my money back, and that'll be the last time I look at this site again, for anything. I think if the roles were reversed, Jeph would be worrying about his money too.

If i wanted to donate to organizations, I'd donate. Buying a product is buying a product - not giving money and then hoping I'll get it some day.

PS: The shirts never arrived. Figure that one out.
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2009, 12:37 by catcat »

Rawr42

« Reply #237 on: 16 Jan 2009, 17:52 »

So, I got an email from Jeph a week or two ago saying that him and Cristi would be looking into my order... now that things are switching over, should I still expect my shirt to come eventually or should I try to get a refund and order a new one? 'Cause I really want a shirt...

asdfghjkl

« Reply #238 on: 16 Jan 2009, 22:27 »

After posting my previous tirade, I FINALLY got QCMerch on IM. I had ordered a Nom shirt & I was told they ran out of Nom shirts. I was offered a refund, but opted to wait until they got more Nom shirts from the printer. However, I'm still very frustrated with the service QC has provided. The news of the move to Topato Co has made me willing to believe in online ordering again. I agree that QC should send out an email to all who wrote to complain assuring them that either a) their order is to be sent soon or b) a refund was possible.

Rev

« Reply #239 on: 16 Jan 2009, 23:15 »

For anybody who cares, I did finally receive my order, even though the tracking number they gave me was never updated (which isn't untypical for USPS).

And with the move to TopatoCo, I may be tempted to order again one day. That actually was going to be the only thing that could get me to do so.

thegr8k8

« Reply #240 on: 17 Jan 2009, 10:28 »

So, I got an email from Jeph a week or two ago saying that him and Cristi would be looking into my order... now that things are switching over, should I still expect my shirt to come eventually or should I try to get a refund and order a new one? 'Cause I really want a shirt...

I got the same thing, he said she'd be getting on with the emails and would get back to me. She didnt. I just tried emailing both merch emails again with the entire paypal receipt copied in. I'm moving so this is really becoming a complete hassle. I feel so bad for my two cousins who had nothing to open on christmas.

All I'm asking for is for them to acknowledge this without apologizing profusely and actually say what they are going to do about this instead. I know they are sorry, that's great, but I want to hear the plan.

Xobyte

« Reply #241 on: 17 Jan 2009, 15:55 »

Well Jeph, I've just sent out my fifth e-mail to all three addresses I know about.  Here's a wild and novel idea: you can actually respond to my e-mail and tell me what's happening with my order!
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2009, 19:09 by Xobyte »

jblacq

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #242 on: 17 Jan 2009, 21:57 »

Figured I would add my name to the list. Back on Nov 6th I put in 2 orders. One for the Nom pre-order and another order for 3 other shirts (Bad Decisions, Evolution Kills, TEH). I waited a longer than the 2-4 weeks since it was the Christmas holidays and I figured things were pretty busy. Finally, on January 8th I decided to send an e-mail to the [email protected] address. Since I got no reply, I tried again on January 16th.

I'm pretty worried since I spent $89 3 months ago and still haven't received an e-mail about my order.

catcat

« Reply #243 on: 20 Jan 2009, 08:36 »

I called my bank card company (I use Wachovia and Visa) and they said if you haven't gotten your merch, you can possibly request a chargeback up to 6 months after. You'd have to contact the bank directly and then talk to Visa (at least, that was the way it would have been for me).

It's worth a call.

JustinCredible

« Reply #244 on: 21 Jan 2009, 05:31 »

Sending my second email now...

I previously saw the gang when they came to Toronto back in 2007 and got one of their wonderful 'Math is Delicious' shirts. Fast forward 7 months and one ill advised laundry run by my father and my shirt is now bleached to kingdom come. SO, it just to happened I was planning to go to San Diego and lucked out when I found the QC booth at the show Although, my size wasn't available - I was offered a compromise with paying for the shirt and having it mailed out to me.

I personally hate having to deal with any type of ordering/online transactions. I like going to cons and meeting the content creators so I can hand them the money so there is no middle-person involved. I'm not saying that this is situation that confirms my fear, but rather I am left in a situation where it could end up being only my word that the transaction and terms ever occurred.

Not to say that QC would be out to screw me, but conventions are a hectic time and seeing what type of backlog they are facing - I can see myself being honestly forgotten. Outside of the paper that has my information on it, there are no PayPal or Credit Card receipt showing what occurred.

SO  I waited from July to Septembers and sent an email. Now I'm sending my second run, hoping my explanation jogs memories. If not, I guess I will hope I get lucky a third time and meet QC at a convention again, so I can buy it hand-to-hand.

Sent an email to the gmail address on Dec.29 and still nothing... I'll try again. 'Le Sigh'
Sending my 5th email - now from both gmail and yahoo. Hopefully I get some response. Even if it is just... 'Sorry, don't remember you'.

gizmo

« Reply #245 on: 21 Jan 2009, 12:23 »

Is it irony that a few days ago I again (as I once in a while do) considered finally ordering some QC merch, then decided not to, cause I again couldn't make up my mind what to order (Irony shirt or Pintsize hoodie or cogito ergo nom), only to now read about the very imminent impossibility to ever order an Irony shirt again? In a nutshell: The impeding doom of the Irony shirt made me decide on what to order (Irony shirt).

(Hopefully my order won't get Lost in Transition. And hopefully I chose the right size. Am I too stupid to successfully use the search function or has there really never been a discussion/question about what US-shirt sizes match European shirt measurement?)

Tari

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #246 on: 25 Jan 2009, 02:49 »

I sent you a mail again, a few days ago. I still don´t know what happpens to my order if you´re closing the shop now and changing to Topatoco. I ordered "Maths delicious" (mens size M) and Hannelores worries (Girl, M) in November. The Maths t-shirt isn´t in the shop anymore, and it would be very nice to know, if that means that I won´t get it.

MikeP

« Reply #247 on: 26 Jan 2009, 07:17 »

I ordered a Cogito Ergo Nom shirt in blue, men's large, on Nov. 25 - Still hasn't shown up, no replies to e-mails, etc.  Same routine as everyone else.

I feel like I was burned, plain and simple.  Website promised delivery by Christmas, money was transferred via paypal, nothing showed up.  No message saying "sorry, it's running late, buy another Christmas present" or anything.  If you'd wanted to simply have $24, you should have just posted a "Donate Now" button.

I was promised a shirt, I expect a shirt.

Same as someone else said, if you went to a store and gave them a bunch of money, you'd want something in return.  Initially, that something would probably be a piece of merchandise.  Once that failed, you'd want an explanation.  After that, you'd be steamed and want an answer.  After that, you just feel burned and resort to posting irate messages on forums in the hopes that a public flogging will produce some action.

Assorted e-mails sent from a couple of different accounts, no replies to any of them. 

This is absurd. I'd like either a t-shirt or my money back, and based on the level of honesty, business acumen, and customer service displayed on the store, I don't expect either of these things to happen, but would be pleasantly surprised if they did (hint, hint).   
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2009, 07:28 by MikeP »

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #248 on: 26 Jan 2009, 12:43 »

Here is what is happening with outstanding orders: we are still working on them. Topatoco is only handling everything ordered from here on out.

There are several hundred orders sitting behind me getting postage put on them so if you haven't recieved your stuff there is a significantly good chance it will be in the mail by the end of the week. We're also attempting to respond to all relevant customer service emails- we're really busy so qcmerch on AIM may be better for getting our attention right now.

Pengraffe

• Admin emeritus
  • Emoticontraindication
« Reply #249 on: 26 Jan 2009, 12:53 »

I am going to send an email to everyone with an order still pending by the end of the week, after I finish filling the last rush of orders on the discontinued merchandise and any backorders that I might have gotten in. If I do not contact you by Feb 1, please contact me and we will sort it out within the next week (I do have a stack of mystery returns that haven't contacted me.) If you ordered a Nom shirt and you have not yet received it, we have about 500 on order from the printer that I expect to have shortly, and I will be shipping those out ASAP.
HONK HONK, I'm a pengraffe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up