THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 02:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ask Jeph thread  (Read 1174125 times)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Backstory for Penelope?
« Reply #1250 on: 10 Jul 2008, 16:13 »

Jeph,

The comic has hinted at an interesting history for Penelope.

Have you worked out what it is? Do you want to put it in the comic someday, or is it too depressing?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

dersempmeistr

Re: The Ask Jeph thread
« Reply #1251 on: 10 Jul 2008, 20:44 »

Jeph,

I discovered QC about a week ago, and I finished going through the archives yesterday. Congrats on making the most enjoyable webcomic to read in a short time, and for following it up with good strips yesterday and today to keep me hooked. I'm sure I'll be ordering some merc before too long. Some of it looks sweet.  :mrgreen:

Ah, I need a question, don't I... How did you get so awesome?

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1252 on: 11 Jul 2008, 00:15 »

Lemme be the first to ask (at least in the Ask Jeph thread):
so did today's comic (1184) have a Sweet Tits cameo?
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Jepser

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #1253 on: 11 Jul 2008, 13:36 »

Who is that guy in your avatar, Jeph? Just some random creepy guy with purple hair?
I wasn't going to d/l any of that, but once I read "oldest lesbian", I kind of had to.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Jepser

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #1255 on: 11 Jul 2008, 14:13 »

Ok, now the guy scares me even more.
I wasn't going to d/l any of that, but once I read "oldest lesbian", I kind of had to.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1256 on: 12 Jul 2008, 11:25 »

Jeph,

Is Faye happy?

'Cause it looks like she is, and it looks like a recent change.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Beachbum100

« Reply #1257 on: 13 Jul 2008, 06:09 »

Is it always better the devil you know?

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1258 on: 13 Jul 2008, 06:32 »

How do you feel about the self-proclaimed "Dora haters"? I know (at least at one point) she is/was your favorite character, is it irritating that others hold such a contrasting view towards something you made?
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

CanadianQCfan4ever

« Reply #1259 on: 14 Jul 2008, 05:47 »

Just a curious question, and i know the answers probably no, but you wouldnt happen to be coming to the Comic Con being held in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada any time soon would u?

I know for sure you have a reasonably large following up here north of the border and i know it would be cool to meet you.

CheerioSandwich

« Reply #1260 on: 14 Jul 2008, 10:59 »

So will it ever rain in the QC world?

Betagold

• Emoticontraindication
  • THERE WILL BE NO EGGS OF ANY KIND!!
« Reply #1261 on: 14 Jul 2008, 13:08 »

Why did you choose Girl Versus Boy Versus Whale Dicks as the new title?

Temporary_Devotion

« Reply #1262 on: 14 Jul 2008, 19:45 »

Jeph,
   First, I apologize if this has already been asked.
Second, I am gracing you with my first post (I was actually waiting for something worthy).
Third, will Sven and Faye ever have a relationship? If so, will Marten be angry that she could peruse one with Sven, and not with him?

maketehkisses

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1263 on: 16 Jul 2008, 11:27 »

First, I apologize if this has been asked before. I spent some time searching but can't seem to find anything...

When will we see Marten's mom again or meet Marten's dad? I thought the time when Marten's mom came to visit was awesome. And considering we haven't met Marten's dad--I figure that would just be interesting.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #1264 on: 18 Jul 2008, 11:12 »

Jeph,
   First, I apologize if this has already been asked.
Second, I am gracing you with my first post (I was actually waiting for something worthy).
Third, will Sven and Faye ever have a relationship? If so, will Marten be angry that she could peruse one with Sven, and not with him?

-.-
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #1265 on: 19 Jul 2008, 06:23 »

Here's a real one:

In Comic 239, Dora says "Bianchi is a last name often given to people with light hair or fair skin, it runs in the family." But later on, it's her Mom with the light hair, not their Dad. So uh, did they take her last name, or what?

...I swear I wasn't combing through the comic for inconsistencies, that just jumped at me.  :|

Hahah, I had totally forgotten about that!

I MEAN UH

Dora's dad is still pretty fair-skinned, even though he has dark hair. SO IT COULD STILL RUN IN THE FAMILY I DID NOT MAKE A MISTAKE I AM A FLAWLESS BASTION OF PERFECTION

Hello Jeph,

Does it ever astonish you how much investment some people have into QC? How does it make you feel that certain fans will dissect not only the stories but everything from the hairstyles to the underwear of the fictional people that you created?

It used to actually piss me off, but now I mainly just think it's funny (and a little weird).

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I've been wondering - How much QC time has passed since the comic's beginning?

Dude, this has been nitpicked more than a second-grader after a lice outbreak:
http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,17911.0.html

---
Also- Jeph, do you think you use scatological humor most when you're feeling down? Because in the earliest days of the comic it was used the most and you said that QC was originally going to be a much angstier comic, and since then whenever you have made poop jokes et cetera they were usually accompanied with a newspost saying something like "sorry for the poop joke this and that happened and shit".

Also, is the above question more on the side of nitpicky or reasonable? I really can't tell myself but it seems kinda on the side of the former.

Poop jokes are "easy" and I was working a full-time job back then and doing the comic in my spare time, so that probably had something to do with it. Now I try to avoid them whenever possible, unless I think of a REALLY funny one.

Also yeah I was pretty much miserable all the time back then! Now I am only miserable sometimes. IMPROVEMENT

Nah that is actually a pretty interesting question, I much prefer talking about this sort of thing than "WILL HANNERS EVER HAEV A BOYFREDN!??!@?@"

Where is this "recommended listening" list that I keep seeing mentioned?

BLAM

http://questionablecontent.net/rl.php

Jeph, longtime lurker here.

Would you ever consider a strip where the characters of QC meet their proto-selves (i.e. Martin circa 2003)? 

I think t'would be comical, if not continuity-preservant.

Also, THANK YOU FOR CREATING, you've made my days a whole lot brighter. :-D

Mmm, I don't think so. Too fourth-wall-breaky for my taste.

Quote from: jeph
Give me a Fender guitar with Seymour Duncan pickups and then we'll talk.

http://a212.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/58/l_54cfae286d6dfeaa05791d0c41fa3e7b.jpg

Similar to this one?

*I know this is a horrible choice for a first post, but i saw the fender with seymour duncan's post. And, uh, I have one.

Ehhh....I've never been a big fan of the Invader. And that DiMarzio in the middle position is WAY too Yngwie Malmsteen for my taste.

Jeph, are you going to be at the San Diego Comic-con this year?

The whole time, booth 1233.

Jeph,

I hope this hasn’t been asked before, but I searched the forum until my eyes bled and couldn’t find anything.  Where did you get the inspiration for Veronica Vance?  I know that none of your characters are based off real people, but how did you just decide one day that Marten’s mother was going to be a famous fetish model/professional dominatrix?  Are you into the fetish scene or was it just an amusing whim?

I don't really have any "fetishes" unless you want to class "liking boobs and vaginas" as a very, very common kink. But I think sex culture is pretty funny and fascinating! Marten's mom isn't really based on anyone specifically, I was just going for a kind of scarier-looking-Bettie-Page thing.

Jeph,

The comic has hinted at an interesting history for Penelope.

Have you worked out what it is? Do you want to put it in the comic someday, or is it too depressing?

I absolutely need to develop her character more. It's kind of funnier to me to imply her past rather than spell it out, though.

Ah, I need a question, don't I... How did you get so awesome?

I am not particularly awesome. Just lucky!

Lemme be the first to ask (at least in the Ask Jeph thread):
so did today's comic (1184) have a Sweet Tits cameo?

Probably.

Jeph,

Is Faye happy?

'Cause it looks like she is, and it looks like a recent change.

She's getting better, I think.

Is it always better the devil you know?

I wish the devil would stop trying to talk to me about video games

How do you feel about the self-proclaimed "Dora haters"? I know (at least at one point) she is/was your favorite character, is it irritating that others hold such a contrasting view towards something you made?

It used to weird me out but I think it's just a natural thing given how much some people are invested in the comic. I don't really care one way or another.

Just a curious question, and i know the answers probably no, but you wouldnt happen to be coming to the Comic Con being held in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada any time soon would u?

I know for sure you have a reasonably large following up here north of the border and i know it would be cool to meet you.

Nope.

[resists the urge to make a Venetian Snares joke]

So will it ever rain in the QC world?

I ask myself this very often.

Why did you choose Girl Versus Boy Versus Whale Dicks as the new title?

I think it's pretty self-explanatory, don't you?

First, I apologize if this has been asked before. I spent some time searching but can't seem to find anything...

When will we see Marten's mom again or meet Marten's dad? I thought the time when Marten's mom came to visit was awesome. And considering we haven't met Marten's dad--I figure that would just be interesting.

Eventually.

Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

CheerioSandwich

« Reply #1266 on: 20 Jul 2008, 13:31 »

I need help in the diagnosis of what is wrong with your newsbox. Terminal boredom or perhaps it has a deeper mental problem with which requires more more research? Yes, I often treat boxes of text as sentient beings, if you were wondering.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1267 on: 20 Jul 2008, 16:09 »

When do threads discussing the comic cross the line from "evidence that you created a believable fictional world populated with characters people can relate to" to "plain f-ing creepy"?

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #1268 on: 20 Jul 2008, 17:10 »

Where did the twitter go and when did we get the search-function back?   :?

Or am I in the wrong motherfucking reality again?    :-o :-o

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1269 on: 20 Jul 2008, 18:54 »

Is the News box channeling Yelling Bird? Because they are both wonderfully vulgar.

Also, which QC character do you think you'd befriend if they were not your imaginary children? I think I'd wanna hang out with Jimbo, not because I can relate to him or anything but because everybody should have a drunken redneck for a friend.

And finally, you need to update your cast, it lacks a Wil and some of the story's changed.
« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2008, 08:46 by Vendetagainst »

Farmall

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1270 on: 20 Jul 2008, 22:27 »

I'm pretty new to the comic, relatively, but I'm loving every bit of it.  When I went into this forum, I was stunned to see 26 pages for this thread alone.  I'm just glad you spend time answering seemingly infinite questions about both the comic and general life.  I do have a couple questions I was wondering about though.
What do you think of Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my valentine, Dragonforce, or Red?

Do your eyes ever get sore looking at the computer screen for an extended period of time? especially late at night. And if so, how do you solve the problem?

Do you dislike seeing the same couple people repeatedly asking you various questions?  As I was scrolling through, I noticed that a select few people had to have made up for a large majority of the posts.

What do you think of mullets for a hairstyle?

I'm sure that you must have been asked this at some point already, but what is your favorite kind of beer? and why?

Do you play guitar hero, or do you think it underminds real guitarists?

I was reading a critic's viewpoint on QC, and he mentioned that he disliked the lack of a more ethnically diverse character range.  is there a reason that all of the characters are white?

Yeah, I think that's about it for now.
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2008, 20:28 by Farmall »

CanadianQCfan4ever

« Reply #1271 on: 21 Jul 2008, 02:45 »

Eh Jeph.

2 questions:

1) Have you ever been to canada?
2) If i sent you a picture of myself could you draw me into one frame of your comic? It would totally make me Happy.

CF4E

saige

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #1272 on: 21 Jul 2008, 20:18 »

I love the QC links list - after reading my daily QC, it's my portal to other comics i've been reading since before i found my way here (Dr McNinja, Sam and Fuzzy) and other comics that I've taken to reading after following some of your links (Overcompensating, xkcd).

I noticed you updated the links list recently, and xkcd dropped off. What happened? Are you and randall no longer friends?

anitaOATH

« Reply #1273 on: 22 Jul 2008, 05:42 »

Hi Jeph   :-)

So, did you ever expect your comic to be soooo FAMOUS AND POPULAR?

how long did it take for the comic to spread around and stuff?

and alsooo

Where did you come up with the characters names? They are very unique and stuff..

I like the name Faye.

Nothing ive heard before.

Jepser

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #1274 on: 22 Jul 2008, 08:32 »

Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my valentine, Dragonforce, or Red?

Are you for real?
I know it sounds blasé, but I facepalmed.

Rufaellie

« Reply #1275 on: 22 Jul 2008, 12:16 »

What are you going to do when the comic ends?  More importantly, will the comic end? (I do not really want it to, but it has got to have an ending sooner or later, huh?)

aerosmithrules

« Reply #1276 on: 22 Jul 2008, 14:31 »

Hi Jeph,
In the most recent comics Faye has chosen to ignore the most important rule of fashion: She has committed the heinous crime of DOUBLE DENIM. Is this an indication that she has finally gone crazy or am I missing something?
Thank you.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1277 on: 22 Jul 2008, 16:44 »

will the comic end? (I do not really want it to, but it has got to have an ending sooner or later, huh?)

http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php/topic,19882.0.html
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Toba

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Earl of Flamthrowe
    • cons.truct
« Reply #1278 on: 22 Jul 2008, 20:59 »

I was reading a critic's viewpoint on QC, and he mentioned that he disliked the lack of a more ethnically diverse character range.  is there a reason that all of the characters are white?

They aren't.  Read the archives sir.
boldly going nowhere

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #1279 on: 22 Jul 2008, 21:33 »

What are you going to do when the comic ends?  More importantly, will the comic end? (I do not really want it to, but it has got to have an ending sooner or later, huh?)

See: Scary Go Round.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

LeCorndog

« Reply #1280 on: 22 Jul 2008, 22:27 »

Who is your favorite comedian?

Farmall

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1281 on: 23 Jul 2008, 20:27 »

They aren't.  Read the archives sir.

I hereby withdraw that question.  I had just finished reading the review right before I wrote this question, and was absent minded enough to forget Amir, in addition to that college librarian. I checked the facts, and it turned out that the date on the review was quite a while ago. that might explain it. or the guy who wrote it was a complete doofus.  idk.

Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for my valentine, Dragonforce, or Red?

Are you for real?
I know it sounds blasé, but I facepalmed.

I understand that they aren't the sort of music that Jeph typically writes reviews for, but I enjoy it, and was curious on his standpoints on that sort of music.
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2008, 20:32 by Farmall »

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1282 on: 23 Jul 2008, 20:40 »

you also forget Steve's girlfriend  :wink:

Farmall

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1283 on: 23 Jul 2008, 20:44 »

you also forget Steve's girlfriend  :wink:

yes, and faye's psychiatrist.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1284 on: 23 Jul 2008, 21:51 »

And then there's [Tai's friend] Bailey

Minineko

• Not quite a lurker
  • is a green cat
« Reply #1285 on: 24 Jul 2008, 20:49 »

JEPH! Comic #1110 in the arcivhes has the wrong title!

How do you pronounce Mieville?

Meow.

jaz

« Reply #1286 on: 25 Jul 2008, 10:22 »

How do you pronounce "Mieville"?

I always assume it's just "me-ville."

Jepser

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #1287 on: 25 Jul 2008, 13:24 »

Dear Jeph,
Why is the comic called Questionable Content?
(Too lazy to check if it has been asked before, sorry.)

EDIT: Thanks, see this question as deleted.
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2008, 13:30 by Jepser »

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1288 on: 25 Jul 2008, 13:26 »

Jeph just wanted to come up with a name that was relatively original, it was also semi-ironic because the comic didn't/doesn't have any real "questionable content"

http://www.questionablecontent.net/faq.php

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #1289 on: 26 Jul 2008, 23:42 »

Jeph,

Any advice about learning to draw? Is there anything that helped you, other than simply practicing for thousands of hours?

How did you sustain your motivation when your fingers weren't drawing the same things you were seeing in your mind's eye?
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2008, 19:34 by Is it cold in here? »
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

jumpin_g

« Reply #1290 on: 29 Jul 2008, 19:36 »

How about (as a long band name)

Sir Reginold Cosgrove and his Nighttime Singers?

Yes this is my band but we do have a web site (www.sirreg.com) (blantent plug, I'd understand if you pull this)

George

ps - I've loved your strip for about a year, but it's the long band names that gets me (funny)

xsnortingxashesx

« Reply #1291 on: 30 Jul 2008, 19:31 »

If you could take a guess, what size do you think Faye would be? Because she's quite curvy, in the best way, and I was just wondering if you have all those stats about your characters in the back of your head.

Trynant

• Emoticontraindication
  • never slow
Okay so I'm exaggerating but still...
« Reply #1292 on: 02 Aug 2008, 11:01 »

Jeph, why does Mr. Touch scare me so? I have horrible nightmares. Horrible, horrible nightmares.
When all else fails, spam.

Nia99

« Reply #1293 on: 03 Aug 2008, 04:47 »

is it ok if i stalk you?
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2008, 04:55 by Nia99 »

cperry2

« Reply #1294 on: 03 Aug 2008, 16:15 »

Jeph,

Thanks a million for actually answering my question. Now I have a more interesting one.
I was thinking of forming a band, and I just realised that, for my purposes, I really really want to call it Society for Creative Rock Anachronism.

My question is, did you lift that name from an existing band, and if not, can I use it?

I'll be sure to show you some recordings down the road.

Forever yours  :wink:

Curtis Perry

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1295 on: 03 Aug 2008, 17:21 »

It was taken from the Society for Creative Anachronism

Insectile

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1296 on: 04 Aug 2008, 11:53 »

Jeph,

What is your favorite convention to go to?

This is not a discussion forum, it's a forum dedicated to the art of performing textual fellatio of Jeph Jacques.

cperry2

« Reply #1297 on: 04 Aug 2008, 21:03 »

It was taken from the Society for Creative Anachronism

I do know that much, but thanks anyway. Actually I take my question back unless there are any objections to my pilfering.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1298 on: 04 Aug 2008, 21:07 »

So Jeph, is there any question that you've always wanted to answer but nobody has ever thought to ask?

SirHardHead

« Reply #1299 on: 05 Aug 2008, 02:19 »

Dear Jeph,
Long time devoted fan, first time poster.
I have always wondered what happened to Scott, Martins Ex-Boss. Curiosity finally overcame me so I decided to search to the forums for what happened to this elusive character. But alas my searches came back unfruitful and if this question has already been answered on the forms apologise as I am yet to find such a post. So to put it simply:

What happened to Martins old boss Scott?

Sincerely
  SirHardHead
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49   Go Up